This game is good

Mopey

Hi.

The title pretty much sums it up. We have a bitching thread, but not a 'I like this game' thread. No matter how hard you hate it from time to time, eventually you come back and play it. That's what I like about this Halo.

343i just made it right. I like the fact that I don't have to get 50 million 'credits' to the next rank at some point. At all times, it's a good amount of EXP I have to gain, but it's not impossible and there is always something that makes you want to get there.

I have been playing with the DMR almost every time now. When I grinded it to Master, I will use the BR. Or maybe the Carbine? Or Light Rifle? Whatever I choose, it will be something else that keeps me playing the game and gives the game the chance to keep it fresh.

The loadouts keep the game fresh, as well. Do I want to sprint to get the best stuff in the beginning of the game, or do I want to hide with camouflage, or just blaze through everything (bad idea) with an offensive loadout? I can adjust it anytime I want, either in the menu or ingame, and that's great.

Slayer gametypes give me the chance to respawn anytime I want. I don't have to see someone hump my corpse, I can get right back into the action. I don't even have time to throw my controller out of anger - I just jump right back in.

Flood is just as I wished it to be since Halo's community invented 'Infection' (read: Zombie) in Halo 2, CTF finally gives me the chance to wield a pistol with the flag (even though I still don't know how to hell to throw the flag away when I picked it up?!), 343i made it Big Team Slayer and not Big Team Battle (with objectives), we get a fair amount of EXP even if we lost a match and people who don't like to fight each other in War Games just play Spartan Ops and get fun missions, too.

Those fun missions reminded me a lot of those 'this part rocks!'-thoughts when playing Silent Cartographer in Halo: CE. A quick fix of action and cooptimistic playing. The campaign is intense and the cinematics are just gorgeous.

I don't want to sound like a fanboy, but the game is just what the Halo franchise needed, and this magic was needed badly.

So what do you like about the game?

Edited by Mopey

I really enjoyed the campaign tempo, the twists in the story and specially the ending.

Graphically the game has also placed itself as a benchmark on the X360 even though the console is almost 7 years old.

The MP aspect is fun with friends on whichever mode you are best at.

I think 343 have made an excellent entry into the universe Bungie placed into their hands.

343i just made it right. I like the fact that I don't have to get 50 million 'credits' to the next rank at some point.

So what do you like about the game?

Graphically the game has also placed itself as a benchmark on the X360 even though the console is almost 7 years old.

These two posts are spot on.

Some other things I like:

• The entire Campaign
  • Matchmaking still has that core gameplay - Dominion & Team Oddball are great additions
  • Spartan Ops is really starting to pick up
  • Endless Commendations to work on, which is always a plus for me

Of course, there are numerous things I am not satisfied with, i.e. ordinance drops, join-in-progress, lack of small based maps. I am enjoying the game nonetheless.

Edited by BiggD

• I can basically camp forever on Ragnarok in camo with ordinance priority since I can drop power weapons on myself

So you're the guy! ;)

Love:

• 98% of Campaign, I truly enjoyed it
  • Spartan Ops is fun as hell with friends and really looking forward to the remaining episodes.

Not as much love:

• Campaign and MP are buggy as hell.
  • The ending grenade "fight". Not cool 343, not cool.
  • MP not fun, agree with Gheuh there. It's not Slayer, it's SpawnDie.

Spawn, get run over by a ghost.

Spawn, get shot by a sniper.

Spawn, get run over by a ghost driven by a teammate.

Spawn, sniped again.

Spawn, get run over by a hog driven by a teammate.

Spawn, assassinated.

Got my 20 wins, honestly don't think I'll go back to it.

I've enjoyed my time playing Halo 4. Campaign was great. I like the idea of Spartan Ops, it could be executed better but still a nice little additional side of the game.

I pretty much love the multiplayer with the exception of big team battle maps. Everyone has their likes and dislikes in a map but I really don't like any of them in big team slayer. It's a shame, I loved it in Reach.

I love SWAT, I hope it does indeed become permanent. Spawns could be better but not a huge deal unless your a dedicated gamer playing to win instead of playing for fun.

Spawn, get run over by a ghost.

Spawn, get shot by a sniper.

Spawn, get run over by a ghost driven by a teammate.

Spawn, sniped again.

Spawn, get run over by a hog driven by a teammate.

Spawn, assassinated.

Wow, that must sure sucks, I never had that before, sorry that happend to you!

What I love was the campaign, MP, Spartan Ops pretty much everything.

Side note I didnt like was the campaign felt to short, it reminded me playing Halo:CE, but the levels didnt seem that long like it was in this one for some reason, I remember playing Halo and it took forever to complete a level on any difficulty, just the aspect of the first halo game, it was massive to play in. This felt abit short in each level didnt matter on the difficulty either but sure had a blast. The end was a tearjerker, not going to lie, Dom's ending was deeper in Gears 3 in my thoughts.

Multiplayer: 3/4 like, you really need people to play with, I'am a lonewolf kind of guy at times. But man people get pissed off if they get an assist, I don't, all I care is for the WIN! People getting upset on assist really piss me off, who cares its the WIN thats important. The 1/4 I dont like is the join in matches and the setting up before matches, your with a low level team againts a high level team.

Spartan ops: Love the way they are taking this leading towards the next Halo game, no gap between the next. Just leading on what the story is offering to us, expand outside of MC's shoes. A bit of reach I think, but way better than reach, that was soooo boring, the maps were the same in my way, no matter how many forge maps they choosed, so blain for MP I mean.

Spartan ops I enjoy, just the level they re-use over at times, does get boring..and cannot wait for the DLC they will use for them in the up coming episodes! If they do.

but yeah a deff. 9.5/10 for me!:):drunk:woop:

Edited by SHMEEDIDDY

I will list my 3 favorite things about the multiplayer:

• The animations of my feet when I look down are p. realistic
  • I can basically camp forever on Ragnarok in camo with ordinance priority since I can drop power weapons on myself
  • The MP isn't very good guys I can't lie

1. Try spinning around while looking at your feet. They can't keep up and it looks like your body's twisted beyond reason.

2. Not too sure what slot Ordinance Priority uses, but if you can use AA Efficiency with it, you'd be able to camo twice as much as it doubles your AA recovery rate!

3. Gotta agree with you there. :(

Excellent game, 9-9.5ish / 10 in my book. Very impressed with the graphics, especially on such a dated console. Campaign was great, a little short for my liking, but more substantial than Black Ops 2's in my opinion. I like the short nature of the Spartan Ops missions, allows me to get that daily quick fix. I'm not much of a multiplayer fan, and I still have mixed thoughts on the loadout system, but I'm glad that 343 took a chance and brought some fresh new ideas to the table to mix things up a bit.

I found a few other things I like:

• I like the ordinance system because random luck always make for the best competitive games
  • I like how the boltshot outclasses every other secondary so it's really easy to pick what I want in every one of my loadouts
  • I like the thruster pack being totally worthless so I never have to consider using it outside of Flood

I loved 98% of the campaign too(i agree tough the "boos fight" was really shit)

Spartan Ops is mostly just a revamped Firefight mode but the Tiny bits of story put into it is better than nothing, and they are shorter, not endlessly long like before. Cinematics are awesome and they are mainly what i am waiting for each week...LOL

MP , bah... Slayer is pretty much like before, and yeah im part of those guys that fuckin hate to get an assist... especially when its the third in a row that i did all the job on for like 10 secs... and then bam 1 bullet out of nowhere and he dies...

BUT Swat is just damn good now, if they can release new maps tough, because right now i love Haven and Adrift, but Solace is Meh... and i hate Abandon. (Complex is.... complex, sometimes i like playing it, but when people camp too much this map is a nightmare)

But im glad the target isn't hide anymore by text and no damn stupid "yeahhhhh" shity noise and confettis when you kill somebody. Look more serious and more fun.

-I like how I can't get any more XP until the 30th.

-I like how short the campaign was

-I like how many glitches there are in the MP

-I like how I can't replay any old episodes in S-Ops

-I like joining a random MP game, just to find out I'm on the losing team

-I like how laggy the Wargames and S-Ops games are

-I like how there are three different versions of the same weapon

-I like how there's alternate versions of armor parts, but there's no noticeable difference between it and the original

-I like how almost every weapon is a power weapon

Very impressed with the graphics, especially on such a dated console.

Have to disagree on this point, if the 360 is still capable of producing games like this, it is not a dated system. I don't think we need a new generation of systems anytime soon.

I like the campaign for its outstanding story, though I think some missions are too LONG. Everything used to have three parts, but now there's a fourth thrown in on some of them (not all, perhaps the lack of consistency is what really drives me nuts) when I think the mission should (or want it to) be over. The artificial extension of levels, such as the extra gondola stop in Shutdown, or the numerous warps on Midnight is irritating as well.

I like SWAT, Slayer and Regicide. I don't like CTF, although I only played one game on an ENORMOUS map which took years to get over to the other base. I don't like Flood much, but not a zombies fan either TBH.

I like being able to choose the game type I want before going into a match.

I like the achievements and how nothing is luck-based or random. Everything is down to your skill. Knock on wood that it stays that way.

I have played since Halo: CE came out over 10 years ago. I think it's hard to put them all on a podium against one another since each (most) brought significant changes over it's predecessor and had different game plays. With that in mind though, I don't remember feeling this excited while playing campaign since Halo 2 came out (and that campaign was really lackluster during parts; especially fighting as the covenant, but getting your hands on new Halo content after 3 years was very exciting with all of the new changes).

So yes, to keep it short, I really think Halo 4 is a home run and definitely knocks a few of the past out of the ring.

I happen to agree with the guy. It's been barely two years since the new Slim version of the Xbox came out. It's kind of silly to release a "next-gen" console with that short a time period between unveilings.

You think it's silly for them to release a new system after they released a slimmer version of their same system that released almost 4 and a half years earlier?. You're fine with playing on the same hardware for over eight years, assuming the next xbox is released in 2014? Have fun with that...

You think it's silly for them to release a new system after they released a slimmer version of their same system that released almost 4 and a half years earlier?. You're fine with playing on the same hardware for over eight years, assuming the next xbox is released in 2014? Have fun with that...

No, I think it's silly that they wasted time and money developing the Xbox 360 Slim in the first place. I would've much rather them spend that effort on their next console. But like the other poster said; if the Xbox 360 can continue to excel in playing progressively more demanding games (ACIII, Dishonored, Halo 4, etc), I don't think there's a need for a next-gen just yet. To be honest, though.. insinuating that you shouldn't be okay with playing wonderful games on an Xbox 360 just because a new console is supposedly right around the corner is the only thing silly here.. your original reply to the other poster is very ironic.

And you're a fine example of someone who doesn't see outside the box. Keep living the dream, kid.
Edited by Hishoa