Save file....gone...?

wolvieware

With this as deal of the week, I decided it was time to purchase, and I played about an hours worth, finishing the first five missions, killing over 100 enemies, and nearly 100 chainsaw kills too.

But after I stopped yesterday, and came back to it today....I can only start a new game. I go to Play The Story, then click on Normal, and it instantly starts with the first level and first cutscene - no option to continue from where I left off, or to select any of the missions I've finished. I also had no stats on my stats screen anymore, nor the unlocked weapons that I had picked up.

It says the game saves automatically....but why does this happen, and will I have to complete the game in one sitting to get to the end?

Hmm haven't heard of this problem, you didn't have any external drives plugged in which it might have saved too?

You should have a chapter select, I can't remember how to get to it exactly not played really since I wrote guide. I think you select single player and difficulty tho, so I can't understand why it's making you start a new game unless you accidentally started on hard.

Have you check your hdd to see if you have a savefile?

Thanks for your reply.

No, I've got no save file for it anywhere.

That bit I'm not too fussed about, I don't mind replaying that section, but I'm just worried that it might happen again, or I'd have to play it all in one session, which is why I haven't put the game on since!

• 3 weeks later...