Explain me the end pls?spoiler!

jamal2807

I thought the pyschological angle of the story line was fantastically written, made a real change from the COD style 'the whole world is at war and only you can stop it' gung-ho pace.

Very much about the mental effects of war on the soldiers fighting it.....and not just how much of a digital bang we can make with C4 and air strikes...

Quite refreshing.

I did enjoy the story alot and thus so the game, making it stand out abit more from the many shooters we have these days. The different endings are sure cool, and makes you wonder if Cap. Walker not already lost his mind at the very start, it seems obvious at the end by showing that communications radio he got and talking to Conrad with is broken (as two lose cables sticking out from the back) and the two guys hanging from the bridge where he has to choice between them are already dead, its these small moments that makes it very clear that Walker is obsessed with Conrad and already lost his mind. Its also clear that Conrad is only still alive in Walker,s imagination, in reality as we see at the chapter "Welcome" he,s realy dead and basicly shot himself in the head. I like it how Yager set up the story and how easy it can be to think what your doing is the right thing even when you know deep inside all you standing for is a lie.

I do remember that Yager was planning to make this game full co-op but dropped in favour for the story to be told right as they tought co-op would ruin that experince. Me personal think that it was still possible to play thru this game in co-op and not ruin the story or the gameplay moments at all but thats just my oppinion. What i do hope for it that Yager doing another Spec-Ops, even its not Cap. Walker we playing, i think they showed us there is still hope for shooter with a good story :)

• 8 months later...

I really loved this game's story, the cover mechanics not so much! I just wish it hadn't gone totally fight club at the end, because that was all I could think about.

I wish they hadn't gone with the imaginary Konrad, only because am I really suppose to buy Lugo and Adams heard Walker talking to nobody several times. Still they didn't challenge his command? That seemed a little eh to me, I really loved the story to this game I just couldn't get around 2 other soldiers watching their C.O. go completely bat shit. Which was obvious when "Konrad" shows you the flash backs, you can see Adams and Lugo like 'wtf?' when Walker is making decisions and talking to nobody.

• 1 month later...
I really loved this game's story, the cover mechanics not so much! I just wish it hadn't gone totally fight club at the end, because that was all I could think about.

I wish they hadn't gone with the imaginary Konrad, only because am I really suppose to buy Lugo and Adams heard Walker talking to nobody several times. Still they didn't challenge his command? That seemed a little eh to me, I really loved the story to this game I just couldn't get around 2 other soldiers watching their C.O. go completely bat shit. Which was obvious when "Konrad" shows you the flash backs, you can see Adams and Lugo like 'wtf?' when Walker is making decisions and talking to nobody.

The twist/story is more based on Apocalypse Now/Heart of Darkness than Fight Club.