Serious about Seriously SG-1 & Fehhh Ultra Fast Boosting Guide

Super Geek No1

Should This Thread Get Sticky  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Should This Thread Get Sticky

I've have made even more clear what is needed for boosting this game so please read carefully as I won't be holding anyone's hand.... Understood Good!!!

Yes, you've made yourself clear. I was merely trying to get clarification as to why you think Seriously needs to be 3 rounds.

The weapon achievements specifically state 3+ rounds, where as the description in the two Seriously achievements merely indicates Ranked or Player match as the only requirement.

I take it you, or some others perhaps found out the hard way then. Either way, even though 1 round is my prefrence, I can still do all my killing in round 1, and just cap the hill for the next 2 rounds I suppose - just to be on the safe side.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how did you manage to use the same key over and over again? i have a downloaded copy of the game. i opened up a second account on my pc - started the game. it asked for a serial - i put in the one the game came with and voila the game started. then it asked me to log in to a gamertag which i then created on xbox.com. but: then it asked me again for a serial but mine is wrong... any idea what i could do? thanks! :)

• 4 weeks later...
how did you manage to use the same key over and over again? i have a downloaded copy of the game. i opened up a second account on my pc - started the game. it asked for a serial - i put in the one the game came with and voila the game started. then it asked me to log in to a gamertag which i then created on xbox.com. but: then it asked me again for a serial but mine is wrong... any idea what i could do? thanks! :)

There are two different serial numbers. The game activation serial, which you put in the first time when it dials up the publisher's servers and the live activation code for assigning it to your gamertag. If you bought through digital download, you can find the keys under the game in the GFWL client.

• 7 months later...

Ok I'm running Windows 8.

processor

AMD Phenom II x4 820 2.80 GHz

RAM

8GB

Graphics card

NVIDIA GeForce GT 240

I've been told that this is more than enough to run more than one copy at a time for Gears of War.

I downloaded the no CD crack. I've figured out how to switch users on Windows 8. For those who don't know it's Windows key + L that will take you to the windows lock screen. Click on the screen the hit the arrow to switch users.

Now the issue I'm having is the pc is telling me it can't open the second copy because the startup.exe is already running.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ok I'm running Windows 8.

processor

AMD Phenom II x4 820 2.80 GHz

RAM

8GB

Graphics card

NVIDIA GeForce GT 240

I've been told that this is more than enough to run more than one copy at a time for Gears of War.

I downloaded the no CD crack. I've figured out how to switch users on Windows 8. For those who don't know it's Windows key + L that will take you to the windows lock screen. Click on the screen the hit the arrow to switch users.

Now the issue I'm having is the pc is telling me it can't open the second copy because the startup.exe is already running.

Any help would be appreciated.

I took a break from this and am now looking to mop up and get the 1K GS.

I have stumbled into a similar issue to you. I can have 5 idle players on my Vista desktop PC, and previously on a Win7 laptop I could host 3 idle players. However, for some reason now it only lets me run the game twice on the laptop, if I go for a 3rd player I now get the same error message as you.

No idea why that is, I can only assume there must be something I've downloaded over Windows Update that is blocking it.

Luckily all I have left is 'Not So Seriously' so assume I should be able to get that achievement doing 2 v 3 with only one PC. I'll probably still use the laptop for 3 v 4 as it'll be a bit quicker killing a full team with Hammer of Dawn when they spawn on the outdoors.

Edited by Waynimus

Ok I can now get my second profile to actually open the game, (I was getting a runtime error) I told it to run as admin and the game launched. Switched to my main profile try to launch game and I am cannot start as the startup.exe is already running.

What step am I missing?

Open gears sign into main profile

Switch users ctrl+alt+delete to switch users (windows 8)

click gears of war tile on start menu

Cannot run startup.exe because it's already running

I just need some help for people who seem to get this to work.

It may not work with windows 8. Set up dual boot and run windows 7.

I had that issue sometimes as well when I would load up 6 accounts on my pc. All you have to do is open task manager and go to processes and close gears of war, its not called gears of war i think its called wargames or something like that, then try again.

Edited by McDurbin