Easy way to get hallowed/coruptable worlds

The Bertard

I found this video on you tube and seems to make this MUCH easier. But I am looking to test this out with someone.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjz5JLipdGc]Terraria: Hallowed Be Thy Name/Corruptible Achievement Guide - YouTube[/ame]

Send me a message to my gamertag if you want to test it

gt:The Bertard

Edit: After watching the video a few times i think ive worked out what he is trying to (badly describe)

Step1: both create a new world

Step2: player 2 quits to menu and player 1 invites you into his game

Step3: Both quit at the same time

This should make player 2 original world be overwritten with a only what rendered in player 1s world. Thus making it really easy to get the achievement.

Still need someone to test this with as none of my mates have terraria

Edited by The Bertard

Yeah me and Bertard just tried this but, well, it didn't work.

We only tried it once though and perhaps our timing was off or something.

If anybody else has managed to do it successfully, let us know!

Edit: Also, the guy said that it might be somewhat difficult to pull off due to mic lag so perhaps we should have tried some more.

Edited by NickerPL

Yeah me and Bertard just tried this but, well, it didn't work.

We only tried it once though and perhaps our timing was off or something.

If anybody else has managed to do it successfully, let us know!

Edit: Also, the guy said that it might be somewhat difficult to pull off due to mic lag so perhaps we should have tried some more.

He does say that in the video. However he also said that he quit out a little bit after he was supposed to, so mic lag shouldn't matter. Will try this with a friend later.

Guys this WORKS, I'm in a party with the guy who created the video right now, I'll update you once I finish, I was able to "copy" his world like that but I've lost my character in the process and had to create a new one. I still have my old one backed up in the cloud so I hope it will be there once I copy it back to my x360.

Guys this WORKS, I'm in a party with the guy who created the video right now, I'll update you once I finish, I was able to "copy" his world like that but I've lost my character in the process and had to create a new one. I still have my old one backed up in the cloud so I hope it will be there once I copy it back to my x360.

We got it to work too. However you will lose all characters, not just the one used.

The funny thing is that I went back to main menu, my character was gone so I created a new character, entered a random world which then essentially got overwritten with the guy's world. The hallowed achievement popped, I hanged around there for a while while he changed the terrain from hallowed to corrupted, went back to main menu again and my old character reappeared.

So yeah, I didn't have to use backup, my old character reappeared on its own but still, it's probably best if people attempting this method backup their characters first.

As for the poster of this video - thanks a lot Lil Baby Grunts, you've helped me a lot. <3

We got the world thing to work, but we are having trouble getting the achievements to unlock. We broke everything and replaced it with corruption. Only problem might be the dirt walls. Trying to break them all now.

EDIT: Everything, including walls, are broke. All that's left is corruption. Trying a few things. Will report back if we can get them to unlock.

EDIT2: Unlocked just after last edit. We starting destorying corruption and it eventually unlocked. Weird.

Thanks!

Late Edit: and my charcters are back :D

Edited by bob101910

My friend is having trouble getting the Hallowed one to unlock, so it probably has to be in Hard Mode (I already had it unlocked thanks to another X360a member). It would be a good idea to do that before doing this trick.

Edited by bob101910

We got the world thing to work, but we are having trouble getting the achievements to unlock. We broke everything and replaced it with corruption. Only problem might be the dirt walls. Trying to break them all now.

EDIT: Everything, including walls, are broke. All that's left is corruption. Trying a few things. Will report back if we can get them to unlock.

EDIT2: Unlocked just after last edit. We starting destorying corruption and it eventually unlocked. Weird.

Thanks!

Late Edit: and my charcters are back :D

Sorry to bother you but how big was your world? Me and a friend did the copy thingy but are having problem with unlocking the achievements. We have only made a bridge by dirt (the rest is gone like background etc).

EDIT: Nvm! Just got both of them :)

Edited by NRGY Ranta

This works just as the video describes, although a bit hard to get what he actually describe :D

I have two xboxes and two accounts, and was able to do this after a couple of tries. And made a Hallowed world quite easily.

And as far as I can recon, its enough to just join a game that meets the requirements to get the achievement. But achievements seems to pop at 8 am in this game. So you need to hang around til the eary morning of a game.

When a server starts, its always 8 am, but the client wont be able to log on right away, so must wait around till the next morning.

I'm missing 3 pets, Warewolf, Guinea Pig and Tiphia. And miner boots. If anyone has any to trade, we could do that on my Hallowed world, so you'd be able to get the achievement. :D