Skyrim FAQ and General Information, Please check here before creating a new thread.

BluWolve

Can someone tell my if I can go back into third person while "being" (for lack of a better term) a werewolf?

This is driving me shit-house crazy

EDIT: Not just while in "Beast Mode", but when you're walking around in human form

Edited by XxBlueSpade2xX

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so can anybody confirm if human companions can die or not and if so HOW.

Also, I bought Vigilance the war-dog for 500 coins, about 400 yards down the road he gets a couple of arrows in him by some Forsworn and down he goes, fucking dead! Is there any non-human companions that are a big stronger?

HELP!! does anyone know where to find a flawless ruby . I need it for the only cure quest . THANKS

I don't know any particular flawless ruby locations, but if you ore mineral veins you will randomly receive various gems of various qualities. I'd try that

Figured this would be best the place to post these.

Can you find a spell or create an enchanted Item that damages a skill of your own?

Previous installments you could use this to train a skill beyond the 100 cap.

Is there a enchant for invisibility on armor at all this time around?

As for damaging a skill of your own, so far I can't find anything except for potions.

As for invisibility enchanments, again I can not find anything. However, there is an enchantment called "muffle" that helps you move more quietly. Sorry but that may be as good as it gets.

That is only as far as I know of course, anyone can feel free to prove me wrong!

Also, I bought Vigilance the war-dog for 500 coins, about 400 yards down the road he gets a couple of arrows in him by some Forsworn and down he goes, fucking dead! Is there any non-human companions that are a big stronger?

My travel companion died once as a result of friendly fire. She went down with one of my arrows in her back. I confirmed she was in fact dead by looting her body... then reloaded from the last autosave and went on. But whenever she's gone down due to battle damage from enemies, she's gotten back up again just a few seconds later.

Edited by EXM9000

My travel companion died once as a result of friendly fire. She went down with one of my arrows in her back. But whenever she's gone down due to battle damage, she's gotten back up again just a few seconds later.

A companion will go down before losing all of their health, and enemies will generally leave them alone once that happens. Once they gain enough heallth back they will get up and enemies will attack them again. You may have noticed some enemies you fight will fall to the ground and beg for mercy sometimes, but if you leave them they will soon get back up.

I've had 4 human companions die on me. Gave them armor, better weapons, etc. They still die. Especially against dragons. They don't move enough. I don't know if it's because I don't give them orders, or they are just built weak. But, I haven't had one live more than 6-7 dungeons worth (of time... ballpark).

Is there some kind of "arena" where u can fight for cash and earn higher ranks like in Oblivion?

As far as I am aware there is no arena in skyrim, sorry mate. Also sorry, to anyone that may care, I have not been updating my threads much lately, I have been flat out with other stuff.

As far as I am aware there is no arena in skyrim, sorry mate. Also sorry, to anyone that may care, I have not been updating my threads much lately, I have been flat out with other stuff.

Other things rather than Skyrim? That just ain't acceptable!

Does anybody know who to take the Unusual Gem to? And where they are located please?

Other things rather than Skyrim? That just ain't acceptable!

Does anybody know who to take the Unusual Gem to? And where they are located please?

Haha, yeah, kids and pregnant mrs = not enough time for skyrim. Although I have already clocked up over 40 hours just playing at night time so I guess I can't complain. Anyway in regards to your question;

[spoiler=unusualgems1] Unusual Gems can be appraised by a few people; two of which are Maul in Riften and Vex, part of the Theives Guild, also in Riften.

That should help you along without giving away too much of the quest :)

I've had 4 human companions die on me. Gave them armor, better weapons, etc. They still die. Especially against dragons. They don't move enough. I don't know if it's because I don't give them orders, or they are just built weak. But, I haven't had one live more than 6-7 dungeons worth (of time... ballpark).

From my gameplay, if you take certian quest givers out with you they can only go down but not die. I fought a crazy priest thing in front of a word wall at a very low level (wayyyyy before I should have) and someone from the companions guild was along for the ride. He kept going down but never died. Now this may (and probably was) because I was actively doing a quest with him while I ran across this enemy, but it is worth a shot at least. If anything, he got back up every few seconds giving me a much needed break from getting attacked.

And here is my question: Any way to get back unique pieces of guild specific armor? I was going through my inventory house cleaning, and I dumped my Dark Brotherhood body and I have no clue where, by the time I realized I didnt have it anymore I was hours later into my game. Besides stealing it off someone from the guild, or killing them for it, any way to craft these from guild specific forges or something? Or a certian person resell it to me? Ive checked all options as far as I can tell. I know the DBH body isnt really that good, but I like going for the look when I am doing the quests and im a little sad face :( besides, I have the Solitude house and I wanted to display it too.

EDIT: I got my answer, in this situation, yes I was able to get it back, but in most cases on non-pc versions I'll assume it is NO. So I will be much more careful this time. I wish you could TAG gear that would ask you twice if you want to drop it, or tag it so it cannot be dropped at all until you untag it. Like I said, I usually pay attention, but most games have this for rare/unique armor/weapons I guess I'm just used to the game making sure I'm paying attention.

Edited by Midnight Malice

Epic noob question

How do I get to Invarstead? I've travelled around to Hilgurd's tomb but can't find a way to further cross to the town.

Sorry mate I don't know what else to tell you except head South and hug the mountain when you can. I never even went that close to Hilgurds tomb if memory serves me correctly. I actually took two different routes getting there and back, one was through a mountain pass and the other was over a big tree that had fallen across a waterfall. If you just follow the road and signs you should be able to find your way there. Also, constantly check your map to be sure you are headed in the right direction.

Can you enchant any clothing in the game? Or can you only enchant specific types of clothing, or no clothing at all, just weapons?

Specifically, I've grown fond of the standard blue mages robe I found and id like to make it more than just a robe.

Edited by H0LLATIP

Can you enchant any clothing in the game? Or can you only enchant specific types of clothing, or no clothing at all, just weapons?

Specifically, I've grown fond of the standard blue mages robe I found and id like to make it more than just a robe.

Absolutely. You can enchant every piece of clothing, You just have to remember that certain gear can only have certain enchantments. For example, the enchantment "Muffle" can only be used on footwear.

Right, early on in my game, about 80 hrs now, I looted Finn's Lute. I can't drop it or store it. But can I find anyone called Finn? Nope. It does only weigh 4, but it will be useful if I can get rid of it sometime soon, dues to the huge amount of gear I manage to "acquire" on my travels. So can anyone help?

Try talking to Inge six fingers at the Bard's college in Solitude. She seems to be sad about something....

Try talking to Inge six fingers at the Bard's college in Solitude. She seems to be sad about something....

Cheers dude. Wish I had read this post before coming off Skyrim for the night. Will try this out tomorrow.

On another note. And this is for everyone. Brelyna Maryon at the Mage College will ask you to be a guinea pig for her spells if you talk to her. Don't! Your screen goes green and is annoying.

Haha, yeah, kids and pregnant mrs = not enough time for skyrim. Although I have already clocked up over 40 hours just playing at night time so I guess I can't complain. Anyway in regards to your question;

[spoiler=unusualgems1] Unusual Gems can be appraised by a few people; two of which are Maul in Riften and Vex, part of the Theives Guild, also in Riften.

That should help you along without giving away too much of the quest :)

Hehe same for me, daughter of 14 weeks and I can only play at night...