Ben is SO hateable!

Why wouldn't they use this episode to make him redeem himself in some way!? All we get is him screwing up AROUND EVERY CORNER (pun intended). Seriously though. Why wouldn't they try and do what they did with Duck in episode 3 for Ben (where they pretty much developed the character of Duck, made him more likeable and tugged on your heartstrings)? All we get is the same idiot who indirectly caused the death of one of our group members...

Ben pretty much sealed his death when he abandoned Clem for me. I was literally waiting the entire episode to kill/abandon/any other method that involves getting rid of him.

more it gets the people who are human to you know not drop a kid into a swarm of flesh eatting monsters

Hes a college student (so he's no longer a "kid"). He's screwed over the group to the point where a bunch of people died that didn't have to. He was not helpful, he left Clem to die...he fucked up Kenny's family, he got Carley killed, he did nothing helpful at all.

Honestly the most respectable thing he did was say drop me, there's no time to save me. I was happy to do it.

It's not about being a "kid" Clem was helpful throughout the story, did she make a few mistakes? Yes, she did. Ben basically put targets on every one of the groups faces. He basically killed Chuck as well...he did NOTHING right.

Edited by Illicit

pretty sure he's in highschool and not college, and the bandit thing was a terribly stupid decision but it was done out of trying to help,and carly got killed because Lilly was a crazy bitch, not because of ben

You could be right on that... I swear I remember one of them saying he is a college student.

Yes, Lilly was a crazy bitch, thats why she got left behind in my game...but instead of fessing up though he got Carly killed. Carly dying was his fault.

Instead of manning up and saving Clem, Chuck had to step in..Chuck getting left behind was Ben's fault. Kenny's family died because Ben fucked up.

well i still stand by my original point in that i think Kenny is a much bigger douchbag then Ben :p

I'm not a huge fan of Kenny either to be honest...

I do think hes better than Ben though. As far as "douchebag" goes, yes I agree, Ben is not a bad person, he never meant any harm, he was only trying to help, I get that. But everything he did almost killed or killed the group. Id rather have Kenny by my side.

As far as the rest of the group, I hate kids...but I like Clem. I think Molly is a badass I would like to see more of her, but I don't think that's gonna happen. Christa and Omid are OK, I think they're probably good people we'll see though.

haha, well i don't really feel to safe with Kenny watching my back as literally every time he was doing that and i needed help he got that deer in the headlights look and took off on me.

Well...what do you think Ben would do? I can remember a few times where Kenny at least offered to "pull me up" even though he was too pussy to do so...Ben just kind of freaks out and runs away leaving everyone to die.

Ben was nothing but a pussy that was too afraid to man up to his mistakes, or to protect Clem at all. let him go easily.

Yup. I was curious how they would set that up. Given the opportunity I would have shot him in the face but I would have preferred to not do that (especially since Clem seemed to like him,...kids eh?). Loved that they set it up to where I wouldn't feel too guilty lol

bit of a pussy sure, but he did in fact man up to his mistakes...thats why kenny wanted to murder him, and he confessed to lee pretty early on as well

This is true. He manned up at some horrible times though.

I did like that the game made it so Clem actually liked Ben. It made it SLIGHTLY (emphasis on slightly because I really didn't give a shit about Ben) harder for me to watch Ben die only because I was afraid of how Clem would feel.

Ben is indirectly responsible for so much death in this series. There's no reason not to hate him.

Apparently if you DO save him he promises he'll prove himself to Lee? I wonder what Telltale has planned for those that kept Ben around... hmmm

he did cause a lot of deaths and is just bad luck, not to mention hes very stupid and doesnt think before he acts. He got like 4 ppl dead becuz of his actions and for that hes done.

How can people hate on Kenny more than Ben. Kenny being an ass is a personal choice... he doesnt make it effect anyone else. His square offs against Lee, Lilly, Larry or who ever didnt screw over anyone - maybe it doesnt make him any friends but damn Ben has been behind the deaths of half the cast.

1. Carley/Dough - because he betrayed the groups trust with bandits

2. Duck - because he somehow on watch on top of the RV got practically everyone captured before they realised what was happening leading to zombies joining the fun and well you know the rest

3. Katjaa - as a direct result of Ben getting Duck killed

4. Chuck - after he abandoned Clem to nearly make her on his hitlist of death by association Chuck stepped in to save her and had to be abandoned instead

5. Brie - survived cancer, didnt survive the muppet Ben who decided to remove the hatchet from the door keeping the zombies out

6. Molly - same as Brie but can at least be saved via shooting attacking zombie/Clem being at the school to do it for you

Kenny helped me at the end of Episode 4 without prompt or hesitation. Me and him were buddies all the way in the story on everything except dropping the block on Larry. Ben on the other hand was taking the pet every five minutes at me not trusting him even AFTER he confessed to me... as lee said "trust is earned and youve a lot of earning to do before you get any after what you did".

Biggest difference of all between Kenny and Ben is that whilst i wouldnt rely on EITHER of them to watch or have Lees back covered... Clem on the other hand would have Kenny giving his very life to protect her, Ben however is a coward and liability - hes more or less gifted the kidnapper and walkers alike several chances to get at her defenseless and alone.

3. Katjaa - as a direct result of Ben getting Duck killed

As much as I hate Ben, he wasn't directly responsible for Katjaa's death. This was her own, and may I say, selfish decision. Yeah it was hard losing her kid and all but as long as she still had someone out there who cared for her, she can't just up and do that... (well, it's obvious that she CAN but should she have? No...)