Ultimate disappointment

bawrash

Back on the snes I was absolutely amazing at mortal kombat, but after that I gave up on beat em ups. So I thought a bit of nostalga I'll buy the Kombat collection and relive some of these moments. Firstly I found the d-pad on the xbox controller frustating to use and often used sticks for certain characters. Secondly the difficulty is appauling, I didnt know you could change it at first and fired straight in and completed the original (no achievement by the way, didnt change any settings). Then I played the others and put it on very easy and it was still frustrating. We're not all like these japanese gamers where there hands are a blur and this ruins the experience for everyone that wants to just have a bit of laid back fun. Fair enough the early fights on the ladders have the AI standing about doing nothing but its not long before the computer starts spamming the same move or tactic.

@ comment 2

u jst repeated wht bawrash said but u got to the point quicker.

if the games this hard am not gettin it, always fancyd geetin mk but seeing this post has made me doubt a will get it now

#2 didn't repeat anything the op said.

@ the op #2 is correct these are the arcade ports not the console ports. The arcade was much harder because they were trying to take your money.

Once you luck out and get the achievements just play online or play the ladder on very easy and hopefully some of the fun will come back for you.

I'm loving having the arcade versions of MK and MKII. This is a blast from the past from my late teenage years here. I'm way out of practice though.

Couldn't agree with you more. I grew up playing these on the arcade so it took all about a few matches to get my groove back. MK2 is by far my favorite.

Arcade was way more difficult compared to the console ports. I even remember Player1 side of MK2 was more difficult than Player2 in the arcades.