Does Not Getting The 1000g Bother You?

CryogenicideX

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on the game and/or the difficulty of the achievements left to get. For example, I originally wanted 1000gs on Gears 3, but when I realised just how much work it was going to take for the Seriously 3.0 achievement, I didn't bother.

With a lot of games, I play for the single player only. I just have no interest in doing some half-assed multi player that gets tacked on to most games. As long as I have all of the singles achievements, I'm okay with that.

It only bothers me if I have only one achievement left to get...like CoD4. That game has pissed me off more than any other game. If I get at least 600GS I'm happy.

^I agree with this

don't get me started on that game :mad:

Not even close. I'm happy if I can beat the SP campaighn (on any difficutly). Don't get me wrong, I LOVE cheevos, but I won't stress myself out over them. I just deleted about a dozen arcadse games off my HD, a number of which were 1 cheevo away from completion...but to me, they are done. I figure I'll end Forza 3 one short of completion, and I'm cool with that. I even buy games with impossible 1k's now (I bought Battlefield 2 after the servers closed, because I wanted to play through the game someday).

I can't say that not getting all of them bothers me so much. I do like seeing how many I can actually go for, but I doubt I'm going to to get 100% on many games. So far I try and set myself a target of 50%, and then see if I enjoy the game enough to shoot for the more difficult achievements.

I guess it does and it doesn't bother me of I get all the achievements. Going for them are like going for or adding challenges to the game which can sometimes be a huge pain in the butt. On the other hand, missing achievements kinda makes the game feel like its unfinished.

I have always tried to get 1000 or above in all my games but it didn't bother me that much if I don't get the full 1000 in a game. Until... I got the Fifa hack... And now I have 65G in Fifa 12 and its really bothering me but I don't want to buy the stupid soccer game... I'll probably wait for Fifa 13 to come out so the price on Fifa 12 drops.

If there is a game that you don't think that you will ever 1000g, does it bother you? I don't know why but i find that it affects me that i don't want to play any of my other games because i can't get the 1000g on whichever game it is i can't do. I get put off and turned off all my other games because of this, i know i sound silly but i just can't get rid of the feeling of knowing i can't get the 1000g and it stops me playing all my other games. I even feel like going as far as creating a new account to erase the games i can't do out my Achievement list so it's not there anymore. I don't really want to create a new account but i just can't shake this feeling i keep getting. Has anyone else ever felt like this?

It used to bother me, but not so much now, especially with games no one else play, making it harder to get the full 1,000

Not really. I'll try to get every achievement, but if it proves to be too time consuming and/or too annoying for my liking I am like this:

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/002/611/close_enough.png

And move on. OvO

Dude your comment just made my day.

Onto the subject. I tend to think of achievements as extended replayability, i don´t usually aim for them while playing. I´ll try to explain this as simple as possible, you know the feeling you get when you think about winning the lottery?

That´s how i feel especially when i get a tough achievement :)