Moira *SPOILERS*

gmorra

After blowing up megaton on my first play through I took a little stroll near the wreckage of what was once a great city and to my surprise saw the only remaining survivor. She was burnt and scarred beyond recognition, but was very much in good spirits despite being now permanently disfigured and homeless. Her name was "Moira", the same once beautiful women whom once asked you to carry out a task for her involving a "Wasteland Survival Guide". I was left speechless.

I realize that this scene was created in the way of Fallouts dark humor and was meant to make you laugh. Instead, I felt sorrow. A deep sense of emotion overwhelmed me and actually made me regret what I had done. All color had left my face knowing it was my fault that the poor girl is forever changed and never to return to what and who she once was. No other game has ever made me feel this way before...made me care. I usually always go the bad way in open ended video games, killing everything I see and never blinking or caring. It was always "Just a game", that is until "Moira".

Was anyone else deeply or somewhat affected by this?

Edited by gmorra

Though I decided to be friendly and spare Megaton, if I did decide to detonate the bomb, I don't think I'd feel bad for Moira. At all.

When I just crawled out of that stupid Vault 101 and was a total noob in the Wasteland, she made me explore a raider infested supermarket, suffer from severe radiation sickness and walk in a minefield for her stupid book, and that was just the first chapter.

Besides that, she doesn't even seem to mind that she's ghoulified, in fact, you did her a huge favour because now she can study the effects and all, so don't feel guilty.

I felt the same way when I had to cap that chick in the Underworld to get Charon. I caught her slippin' outside and put her down. Bethesda seems to take great pleasure in reminding me of my dastardly deed as I see her dead corpse outside the Underworld entrance every time I revisit.

i'm w/Herr Shaun, i have only played through as the good guy, but there were many times I wanted to end her life. whenever my wife would walk through the room while i was playing and i was dealing with her (supply stuff) she'd be all "who is that annoying freak?"

but back on topic...fallout 3 never made me feel bad, but I was playing the first Knights of the old Republic game and towards the end "SPOILERS" I used the jedi mind trick on the wookie and he killed his best friend and someone else too, I think. afterwards i felt bad for doing it. i think the jedi mind trick worked on me!

I have a conscience... i recruited Jericho and then murdered the entire town looting as i saw fit before i detonated the bomb. They were all dead... their gear was moved on to a better cause ie mine for caps and with the explosion went any evidance of what happened during that fateful morning i waded in and opened fire on the settler strolling up the hill (well Jericho aint gonna say anything now is he).

I like Moira, i would not have minded her surviving because shes an absolute fruit loop and i like that in a woman but if im evil enough to wipe that little adopted girl off the face of the planet then i dont think there is any room in my heart for some kooky shop keeper.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I like Moira, i would not have minded her surviving because shes an absolute fruit loop and i like that in a woman.

I can't say I agree with popular opinion here, I'm with Skode on this one... Moira is freaking adorable. She's got a few wires crossed the wrong way and there's definitely some dust bunnies floating around up in that skull of hers, but she's still sweet in her own way.

I've beaten the hell out of this game and am now trying to finish up all the achievments . playing as neutral and evil at the same time .moira is definitly

a nut job but in a good way.has any one else also tried to do both nuetral & evil at same time?

• 2 months later...
I can't say I agree with popular opinion here, I'm with Skode on this one... Moira is freaking adorable. She's got a few wires crossed the wrong way and there's definitely some dust bunnies floating around up in that skull of hers, but she's still sweet in her own way.

I totally agree!

has any one else also tried to do both nuetral & evil at same time?

No, but i still need to do a good & nuetral playthrough to get the rest of my achievements. Might take a while though, too many games to play these days!

It's a pity she didn't lose that fuckin' voice of hers when she became a ghoul...

How can you feel sorry, she likes being a ghoul, saying it's interesting and something about research.

Ha ha Does she really become a ghoul??? That would be too funny. I hate the way I play video games, I always seem to play the good role and although being evil from time to time seems like it would be funny, I'm scared I'll miss out on something good. I'll have to start a new game just to blow up Megaton....*rubs hands together* can't wait. >: )