Achievement Guide (1750)

The Pants Party

pound of flesh achievement doesn't seem to want to unlock lol, i'll ry again, a different guide said to get enemies to shoot at the shield but using grenades might work better

very nice guide

Remember that for it to unlock, the shield needs to have prevented you for being downed or killed. Try grenades, a boomshot, or a lancer chainsaw for best results. :D

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by The Pants Party http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/X360A/buttons/viewpost.gif

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/629/s42=.jpgParty Like It's 1999 30 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg

Play 1999 rounds of multiplayer (any mode)

I would first suggest finishing off all the achievements that require public matches since those rounds played will go toward this. Once you're done with all those, get all the weapon/execution achievements (if boosting those by yourself) as those will also count. Now the easiest way to get the remaining round played is to setup a match with the following settings:

Match Type: Local

Game Type: Warzone

Total Rounds: 15

Round Time Limit: 1

Number Of Bots: 1

Bot Difficulty: Casual

Bleed-Out Time: 60

Friendly Fire: On

Map Selection: Host

Weapon Spawning: Customize (Mulcher for all)

Map: Day One

I did the 9 bot method and left it on for 10 hours while i went to school, i told my dad to turn off my X-box without doing quit to menu etc..

and when i got home and checked the journal, the 10 hours of rounds i should have racked up weren't there? any ideas?

I did the 9 bot method and left it on for 10 hours while i went to school, i told my dad to turn off my X-box without doing quit to menu etc..

and when i got home and checked the journal, the 10 hours of rounds i should have racked up weren't there? any ideas?

You have to go to the main menu for everything to save. You said you told your dad to just turn the xbox off without going to the menu so the rounds are all lost.

Remember that for it to unlock, the shield needs to have prevented you for being downed or killed. Try grenades, a boomshot, or a lancer chainsaw for best results. :D

yeah i thought that you needed to pick a guy up and have him shot at until he breaks, but using grenades, boomshot etc works

thnks guys

IMPORTANT

if your doing any kind of boosting or just playing normaly always go back to the main menu for the game to save, otherwise the matches you have just played won't count.

i've also been told that for some people if you unlock an achievement and just turn the xbox off, the achievemet will become locked again. not sure if that can happen to everyone or that i just one guys faulty achievment system

hope this helps

VERY, VERY sorry to keep posting like this but for the pound of flesh achievement all you need to do is set up a local match, any map, all weopons frag grenades, no bots. down the 2nd controller plant a grenade and quickly pick them up, rinse and repeat 9 more times and pa plink!!! achievement unlocked

Edited by The Pants Party
merged posts

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/629/-s46=.jpgCrossed Swords 10 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg

Win 10 chainsaw duels (any mode)

A chainsaw duel will occur if you and an opponent both have your chainsaws raised at the same time when you run into each other. From there, you will need to tab B faster than your opponent to win the duel and kill him. Can be done during campaign or any multiplayer mode.

Not sure if someone already mentioned the method I used, but anyway.

If you like me have a hard time winning a battle you can also set up a local MP match on Annex or King of the Hill with a second controller.

Just run towards your second controller and hit B with your lancer equipped when facing the guest character. This will put you in the chainsaw battle, keep hitting B and you will "win" every time. Repeat ten times and the achievement is yours.

i found an easy way to compleate horde mode. go and choose hail map with at least one friend over live (easiest) hang out in one of the junk buses and take out the enemies with the longshot or torque bow. if they get too close use the flamethrower to push them back. and have your buddy cover fire and chainsaw any enemies that come inside your bus. the biggest problem you'll come across is around level 47. when a bunch of boomers come at you at once. most of them with mulchers. for this, have your buddy go to another bus and try to take out the boomers with mulchers while you handle the ones with boomshots. being that boomers are fairly slow, seperating your squad will greatly increase your chances to survive.

Am i correct that you can get 'Party like it's 1999' with two controllers playing local splitscreen?

I mean boosting it with Warzone, set rounds to 1 minute and leave controllers on?

yes this will work but it will only work if you have 2 wired controllers or 2 plug n play controllers and also i would just do pants method to save a little electricity

Question about Coop:

If I join a friends game already in progress and he is on Insane...will I also be on Insane? Because last night I joined a friends Insane game and I died in 1 second LITERALLY on the Razorhail part. So I was wondering since I finished that level will I have to do it over again?

im not sure but a way to check is to go to one of your games click x to select a new chapter go to that chapter and if the insane logo is by it then its all good if not youll have to redo it

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/629/s36=.jpgSeriously 2.0 50 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg

Kill 100,000 enemies (any mode)

This may seem like a larger task than the first game, but it really isn't. This includes all kills from the campaign, Horde mode, or multiplayer (ranked, unranked, local, system link).

To get this insanely fast, first do all your other achievements, then load one of two points in the campaign:

Act 1, Chapter 4 (Tip of the Spear, The Big Push)

Get on the turret and blast away the Locust spilling out of the ground, then reload your checkpoint and repeat.

Act 5, Chapter 5 (Aftermath, Closure)

Using the Brumak, blow up the two squads of Locust coming toward you, then reload your checkpoint and repeat.

It might be a toss-up which is actually faster, though most people believe the Brumak method is. Do whichever one you like better, or switch between the two for some variety. Reportedly 15-20 hours total if you do nothing but boost for it.

WARNING: Your progress will not fully save until you go back to the main menu. Do not simply shut off your Xbox or join an online match before doing so or all kills will be lost.

I timed them out and here is how they worked

Going to 500 kills

Act 1 Chapter 4 took within 5 seconds of 6 min & 22 sec

However

Act 5 Chapter 5 took within 5 seconds of 3 min & 50 sec

And on the act 5 method none of the enemies loaded up one time

so it clearly took less time on the act 5 method

i have found the easiest way to get the insane achievement is play through the level on casual and on the last checkpoint of each level exit reload but put the difficultly on insane kills a couple of blokes level done. repeat for every level and act saves messing with 2 pads all the time

Edited by Iva Bigan
spelling

Nice guide, but I have a question if anyone could answer this. I have done every chapter/act on co-op and I still do not have the achievement. Even though if you skip training it says you compelete it. Must you actually complete training to fully complete this. Thanks for the help if you can answer it.

I guess not because i got the insane achievement without doing training. Maybe you have to get every f*cking checkpoint in co-op? So maybe a friend of you disconnects or something and if you get a checkpoint saved at that time you'll be screwed. Don't pin me down on this, i don't know for sure.

If you didn't have Suicide Missionary then i would complete in co-op on another save slot at that difficulity;)

Singleplayer, you control the turrets & the rockets. :p

Just started boosting for 30 minutes with machine gun only, now i read this post and i finally know that you can control rockets as well :p

I played everything in co-op so far so i didn't know that.