• 3 weeks later...

That gives us:

1. Wompa

2. Nyte Rayne

3. Siman

4. Mongoose

5. Grizimus

6. Grizimus 2

I just need to confirm whether or not sparhawk has a second Xbox, because I assume you can't have more than 1 player on the same box as you could see their cards. I have a second one that I will get the game for. Will PM each person to set up a time afterward.

Sparhawk alreay has the achievement so that puts up back down to 6 people.

Edited by Grizimus

That gives us:

1. Wompa

2. Nyte Rayne

3. Siman

4. Mongoose

5. Grizimus

6. Grizimus 2

I just need to confirm whether or not sparhawk has a second Xbox, because I assume you can't have more than 1 player on the same box as you could see their cards. I have a second one that I will get the game for. Will PM each person to set up a time afterward.

Sparhawk alreay has the achievement so that puts up back down to 6 people.

I am in. GT: TAREKEGYPT

Update to our player list. Siman was dropped because I never heard back from him. We have 9 people that have said they WILL be there. Chupacabra also has 3 others he may be bringing, plus 2 people that have said maybe. So if we have more than 8 people, the top 8 will go first. After someone is finished one of the others will step in. I would ask that all stay in party chat after they have finished to ensure everyone doesn't take off and the last to go have enough players. Here is to getting this done! :drunk

1. Wompa

2. Nyte Rayne

3. Krazy Killer

4. Mongoose

5. Grizimus

6. TheChupacabra10

7. TAREKEGYPT

8. Todaysforgotten

9. simmias42

Well we did our boosting session this last Sunday, not with great results. We couldn't get more than 4 or the group in one room. I think it is an issue of restrictive vs unrestrictive NAT. Some were still able to get the achievement, which is the good news. The other good news is that there were plenty of people on to play against, so it appears if you have some decent skill and luck it can still be yours.

IMO you should just play the Xbox live international tournaments. Most people just play them to build bankroll for the bigger tournaments and there's usually a 4-5 way all-in pot on the first hand. Win that and you're clear sailing.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you want in on the 8-player tournament boost, copy and paste this list, adding your gamertag to the end.

We're aiming for Tuesday, November 3, 2009 @ 8pm EST.

1. Falk3r

2. Shinobi273

Edited by Falk3r

If you want in on the 8-player tournament boost, copy and paste this list, adding your gamertag to the end.

We're aiming for Tuesday, November 3, 2009 @ 8pm EST.

1. Falk3r

2. Mathman

3. bLaKgRaVy

4. Zenith94x

5. kiwiMox

6. se7en

Just a reminder to everyone; tonight at 8pm we're going to attempt to boost this. As it is not possible to guarantee we each get into the same game, and given we won't have a full table even if we are all together; here's the game plan:

* Meet up in a XBL Party.

* Simultaneously begin searching for a game.

* Go all-in every hand until (a) You win or (b) You lose.

* Regardless of outcome, wait in the party chat until everyone loses/wins, and repeat. If you get the achievement, please don't bail immediately.

This is a long-shot; I hope at least some of us can come away easy winners.

Here's the status update of last night's boost:

1. Falk3r GOT IT

2. Mathman GOT IT

3. bLaKgRaVy GOT IT

4. Zenith94x disc error

5. kiwiMox GOT IT

6. se7en unknown

I know Zenith94x had disc-read errors and a few other forum goers couldn't make it on a Tuesday night. If one of you wants to schedule another run, drop me a line and I'll come go all in to help you out.

The strategy actually works better than expected; even if we only own half the table, and we all go All-In, chances are not all the others not boosting will. But one of us will win and then be up 4~5x against 2~3 opponents. At which point, it's not all that difficult to win.