Pendant use.. potential spoilers!!

redsmoke7

ok i cant find anything on this pendant and cant even find anything online but here is what i have heard so far:

1. maybe has something to do with letting Sif and Priscilla live- no evidence

2. links you somehow with Rhea- don't see the relevance

3. links you somehow to Gwyn, possible son of Gwyn

4. you can give it to snugly for a souvenir of reprisal- but then its gone and that sucks if its the only purpose.

so why would it be recommended as the starting gift by the games director?? if anyone has any knowledge on its purpose please share

I've been wondering this too. Just a few days ago the director was asked and said this

Hm.... I am very happy to get this question because this is exactly what I expected. I am very sorry, I cannot tell you here how you use the item. I still want people to try investigating the meaning of the item. Please find it out on your own! [laughs]

finally found something.. heres a video of kaathe speaking about it, but i think he says this without the pendant

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auggNRdDCZI&hd=1]Dark Souls - Primordial Serpent Darkstalker Kaathe shares the truth (Furtive Pygmy's story) 2/3 - YouTube[/ame]

I hope this thread comes to a conclusion. I don't plan on playing through the game again to find out what the pendant is for and even the strategy guide simply says it's only purpose is to trade with the crow.

The developer's comments about the pendant are really frustrating. Usually the internet figures these things out fairly quick, it's almost as if he's lying.