Why am I getting Panther points for evading enemies?

Same for me! I played Private Estate, and the only thing I did was throw a Sticky Noisemaker at the dog at the beginning of the mission. I ended up with something like 8 enemies evaded for only 400 points, and they were Panther points. Later on sneaking around outside the estate, I did no takedowns and followed Maka's guide to a T to turn the power off get inside the house. Same thing, only 50 points per enemy. AND inside the house; the only ones I took out were the 6 that you needed to take out to make the guy run. Again, Panther points for evading. WTF? I got only the Ghost points for taking out those 6 enemies. All I did was throw a Noisemaker at the beginning of the mission...

And my dial is set to Non-Lethal.

If guards find unconscious bodies in an area, or you make too much noise and they know something is up without going into open combat...they will go into "search mode" so to say.

If you end up sneaking past them while they're still searching, instead of getting Ghost points for "Enemies Undisturbed", you get Panther points for "Enemies Evaded."

Hope that helps.

If guards find unconscious bodies in an area, or you make too much noise and they know something is up without going into open combat...they will go into "search mode" so to say.

If you end up sneaking past them while they're still searching, instead of getting Ghost points for "Enemies Undisturbed", you get Panther points for "Enemies Evaded."

Hope that helps.

Ahh that's more than likely what it was then - thanks

Yeah, thanks. So I guess that if I happen to make noise that alerts a guard, I should stick to the shadows until the wavy red lines disappear from their icon, then finish the section?

I don't remember this happening in the first three missions; this was not an issue.

The only way to get Ghost points is the leave them undisturbed which means you cannot be heard even if you are unnoticed if that makes sense.

Like bigD said if you sneak past and not a single guard is alerted you will have ghost points.

If you sneak past but disturb someone so they say for example "huh whats that" but still don't spot you you have disturbed them therefore you get panther points.

Ahh that's more than likely what it was then - thanks

Yeah, thanks. So I guess that if I happen to make noise that alerts a guard, I should stick to the shadows until the wavy red lines disappear from their icon, then finish the section?

I don't remember this happening in the first three missions; this was not an issue.

No problem! Yupp, if their detection meter goes fully red and everything goes chaotic, instead of killing them and getting Assault points, you can still gain Ghost/Panther by waiting it out several minutes until you break their line of sight and they go back to their regular patrols.

Sometimes, the difference between "Enemies Undisturbed" and "Enemies Evaded" can be completely accidental too; like leaving a door open!

The only way to get Ghost points is the leave them undisturbed which means you cannot be heard even if you are unnoticed if that makes sense.

Well, that way...and also non-lethal stealth takedowns of course. I found the best way to get the most Ghost points is to legit sneak past everyone without ever using a gadget.

Like bigD said if you sneak past and not a single guard is alerted you will have ghost points.

If you sneak past but disturb someone so they say for example "huh whats that" but still don't spot you you have disturbed them therefore you get panther points.

This is not completely right. You get Panther points if the Guards enter search mode. You will get Ghost points if the guards do not enter search mode. If a guard comes to investigate a disturbance he`s not technically in search mode unless he finds something he really doesn`t like.

The best example if you ghost the dog on safe house chances are he will start barking but if you get away fast enough you still get the 250 Ghost points.

There are three musical cues normal, disturbance, and search.

In Site F all the guards are jumpy to the max and will usually go into insta search mode if they hear a disturbance.

Well, that way...and also non-lethal stealth takedowns of course. I found the best way to get the most Ghost points is to legit sneak past everyone without ever using a gadget.

Yeah, true. It seems the score multiplies for everything you do. Killing x number of people in a given time, KOs in a given time, etc. The best score is to not even touch anyone.

Yeah, true. It seems the score multiplies for everything you do. Killing x number of people in a given time, KOs in a given time, etc. The best score is to not even touch anyone.

I remember multiple times I would pass a section without touching anyone and be in awe at the score given. Something like "8 enemies undisturbed - 1850" ...so yeah, doing it like that will give you alllllllllllll the points you could want for Ghost.

It turns out that using gadgets around dogs = evaded. If they smell you you can still get ghost points, but using a sticky cam or sticky noisemaker is effectively destroying your ghost points. It's completely stupid, but that's how it is. Those three dogs in London for instance are way too hard to sneak past since noisemakers cannot be used. I've made it two or three times, but usually have to spend 10 minutes there since there is only about a 2 second opening when the most annoying dog is at one exact spot (which doesn't happen often, and therefore can reduce your leaderboard score a lot if you're not lucky).

• 4 weeks later...
Pretty positive I've seen people say avoiding enemies gives you more points than taking them out non-lethal.

I'm noticing that I am getting Panther points instead of Ghost when leaving an area with enemy troops still alive.

What am I doing wrong?

Yeah, I'm currently going through the campaign, ghost style. Avoiding every possible enemy I can, taking other routes, using only non-lethal takedowns/gadgets as well as hiding bodies I can, when it's unavoidable confrontation and for most of the missions, I find myself awarded with panther points when it should have been ghost instead.

Last night on the level where you need to defend the Paladin while it's prepping for take-off again. I got a gold rating on ghost style, witch I didn't expect at all. It doesn't make sense why I got gold. I was non-lethally taking each guy out and got detected 1-2 times? That completely defeats our entire reason as to what we're debating about lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Last night on the level where you need to defend the Paladin while it's prepping for take-off again. I got a gold rating on ghost style, witch I didn't expect at all. It doesn't make sense why I got gold. I was non-lethally taking each guy out and got detected 1-2 times? That completely defeats our entire reason as to what we're debating about lol

Same with me, I think the reason we're getting Ghost points is that the enemies didn't notice you, because they were busy attacking the plane.

I knocked them down silently working from the back towards the front.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Pretty positive I've seen people say avoiding enemies gives you more points than taking them out non-lethal.

I'm noticing that I am getting Panther points instead of Ghost when leaving an area with enemy troops still alive.

What am I doing wrong?

Make sure you don't alert them in any way. If even one enemy spots you and starts firing at you, they will all count as evaded instead of undisturbed. Also, make sure they are looking around for you when you leave an area or they won't be in an "undisturbed" state when you earn your points.

• 3 weeks later...