What are your thoughts about TTT2 so far?

Hanzo Zer0

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do the boobs bounce?

This is important in a fighting game.

Thanks in advance.

LOL. They're not DOA level, but there is movement.

As for the game, definitively a solid 9 in my book. I suck at fighting games but I love them soooo much. If I was good at tekken, and they offered the collectors edition here in the states, this would get a 10.

I'm f***ing chuffed with the game and i've not even gone online yet. System wise, theres a lot to explore and experiment with and that training ugprade is a real godsend. Ghost battle AI is actually pretty damn good compared to T6. I could put T6 on ultra hard and the CPU was the same but not in this game. They actually use tricks and setups (depending on the ghosts rank) on you now so its a good training tool for getting yourself comfortable with execution etc.

Fight lab is fun although short but provides a half decent way to grind for money outside of the regular modes (still miss scenario mode though). My only real gripe is the customization. I feel they went several steps forward but 3 steps back in some departments but i think the lack of clothing options are going to be the DLC milking thing (though i hear that should be free). That stupid snow stage needs fixing, i've managed to slow the game down during tag assaults where it would be fine on any other stage and i've manage to crash the game on 2 occasions (this happened after the title update though). But other than all that, this is all i could have wished for from a 10+ year old overdue sequel.

Fuck this game up its ass with a rusty pipe.

Here is why I royally hate this game and regret buying it:

A) If you select a character that you don't want to use, you cannot unselect them. So if you have to continue and you accidentally choose the wrong character, you either have to play with the character you didn't want or go back to the main menu forsaking all the progress you made.

B) Jun Kazama is an extremely overpowered juggle whore ON EASY!

C) Its called TAG Tournament yet even if you have TWO characters, only one needs to get K.O.ed to lose. Why allow a person to use two characters when only one of them needs to get K.O.ed?

And if you need me to elaborate any more, it pissed me off so much that I started playing Call of Duty instead. That's right, I'd rather play Modern Ragefare 3 than Tekken Fag Tournament 2.

Edited by D347H0FL0V3

A) If you select a character that you don't want to use, you cannot unselect them. So if you have to continue and you accidentally choose the wrong character, you either have to play with the character you didn't want or go back to the main menu forsaking all the progress you made.

C) Its called TAG Tournament yet even if you have TWO characters, only one needs to get K.O.ed to lose. Why allow a person to use two characters when only one of them needs to get K.O.ed?

And if you need me to elaborate any more, it pissed me off so much that I started playing Call of Duty instead. That's right, I'd rather play Modern Ragefare 3 than Tekken Fag Tournament 2.

A)Slow down on the character select screen and it wont happen as much, ya its happened to me a few times but i cant remember a Tekken game ever that let you go back so its nothing new, it would be nice to be able to re-select but its nothing to rage about.

B)Welcome to Tekken just play more you'll get better, the more you rage about it the longer its gonna take you to actually get better.

(PS. Just cause your bad at a fighting game doesn't mean it sucks.)

C)That's how it was in the first Tekken tag so what did you expect? Also go look at SFxT that's the same too.

Lol petty reasons tbh.

Just because you suck at it (no offence) doesnt mean the game sucks.

This game hasn't been released yet over here but I think I'll give it a try, just don't know if I'm gonna like it because I'm so used to the Capcom fighters. I do remember playing Tekken 3 or something on the PS1 and I really liked it back then. Last 3D fighter I played was Soul Calibur 5 and that one sucked ass, just felt to random.

So far, this is what worries me about TTT2.

- Even though people say this game looks stunning, I think it really lacks in the graphical department when you compare it to MK9.

- There is no lobby/endless battle mode in online multiplayer. Unacceptable for a retail fighting game in 2012, even if Tekken never had this mode.

- Some characters make it hard for me to take this game serious. A freaking Bear, Pinocchio, the professor from Back 2 The Future and a freaking Butler?

- Every time you land a hit in a Tekken game, you see this red fireball animation. Looks so ugly and awful in my opinion. I'd expect that on the 3DS or something but not on a console.

This game hasn't been released yet over here but I think I'll give it a try, just don't know if I'm gonna like it because I'm so used to the Capcom fighters. I do remember playing Tekken 3 or something on the PS1 and I really liked it back then. Last 3D fighter I played was Soul Calibur 5 and that one sucked ass, just felt to random.

So far, this is what worries me about TTT2.

- Even though people say this game looks stunning, I think it really lacks in the graphical department when you compare it to MK9.

- There is no lobby/endless battle mode in online multiplayer. Unacceptable for a retail fighting game in 2012, even if Tekken never had this mode.

- Some characters make it hard for me to take this game serious. A freaking Bear, Pinocchio, the professor from Back 2 The Future and a freaking Butler?

- Every time you land a hit in a Tekken game, you see this red fireball animation. Looks so ugly and awful in my opinion. I'd expect that on the 3DS or something but not on a console.

Do you have to take every game serious?

OT: The only thing I hate about it is the spamming eye laser online and the shit customization.

My introduction to "Tekken" was "Tekken 6", the only game I have ever played that actually put my XBox to sleep.

The Intro took so long my controller turned off and the screen saver kicked in.

I've only heard "it's great" but have yet to experience it.

If people who played the game back when it used to be good are enjoying it then it sounds like it might be a safe time to pick it up.

Az

Let me start with saying, IN MY OPINION, so the fanboys don't do a detailed breakdown of my post word for word, that shit is annoying, please stop it.

IN MY OPINION this is the worst Tekken game I have ever played. I love Tekken, and it is still by far the best fighting franchise. This game is even better than some other fighting games to come out recently, but as far as Tekken goes, TTT2 is in a very secure 1st place for SHIT.

All the reasons stated above for not liking this game are valid, but what the hell is up with fight lab? That shit has got to be the stupidest extra in any fighting game ever. On top of the fact that it is stupid pointless filler b.s. that probably took about 5 minutes to code while drunk and on hallucinogenics, it replaced story mode, which I thought was a damn good idea, and implemented very well.

I am so disappointed with this heap that I don't even want to play it for the achievements, and that says a lot coming from someone who played King Kong for the 1000g.

Not trying to be completely negative, although warranted, I did like the Tekken Tunes feature. I have been waiting for something like this since GTA:SA on the original xbox. Credit where it is due.

In summary, you might want to rent this before you drop the $60 (or whatever you spend), if you already own Tekken 6 and just want the achievements for this game, definitely a rent.

Edited by CHiLLiONS

I've got to say that for someone who is just a casual 1v1 or 2v2 fighter player, this game is absolutely horrible!

It may be great for those that are fans of Tekken, or are good a fighting games, but for someone who just wants to have some fun every once in a while, try something new, etc, TTT2 is an utter slap in the face!

First of all, what I would consider the meat of the offline experience, Arcade Mode, where you are rewarded with ending movies for each character you beat it with, should be an enjoyable experience for a casual player on Easy! Instead, it turns into a frustrating rage-fest due to the quick jumps in difficulty that occur, just because you may happen to level up a character in another mode. I played through the Arcade Mode first Solo for that achievement, and with some retries on the last boss, was able to beat it (not too bad). But then, I went through the mode again in a Tag Team, with the same first person (my favorite so far), and it turned into absolute unfair garbage in the end, taking on a Conqueror level enemy for the last battle, who can combo you almost endlessly, barely giving you a chance to Tag out, if you are able to at all. Now, before you say, "Get better!" Or "Just because you suck doesn't mean the game sucks!", I'm playing on Easy!!!!! That's supposed to mean, "Hey! I suck! Just let me enjoy the game!!!" I don't know where they get off making Easy Mode THAT hard! Kudos to anyone that finds it easy, and can play all the way up to Ultra Hard! You have my respect! But Namco, or Bandai, or whoever takes responsibility for this, does not have my respect. They have turned me off of the game. I loved Tekken 6. Story Mode or Campaign mode, whatever it was, was brilliant and fun! Difficulty levels were appropriate. It was a great game that I could enjoy, as a person who rather sucks at these types of games.

So, basically, I am trying to get out the point that if you are a new person to fighting games, not very good at fighting games, or just want to play casually, this game is definitely NOT made for you!

I find it very sad that a game would be made with an Easy Difficulty level that is not properly balanced to actually be an Easy Difficulty! I've even played Dark Souls, and found that fun and challenging despite that rough difficulty on it! I've played through many many games on Hard for the challenge! But if I am wanting to have fun, I like being able to relax and casually play on Easy, and that just is not possible on this game, despite having an Easy Difficulty option.

Again, YES, I SUCK AT THIS GAME! I KNOW THAT! But that's why I want to play on Easy! If I was good at it, and complained that Ultra Hard was way too hard, then yes you can get mad at me. Or if I was good at it and still played on Easy, and said that Easy was way too easy, then yah, I'm a douche! But I suck and want to play on Easy, the way Easy was supposed to be . . . Easy! Fun! A little challenging, but it shouldn't feel cheap in any way! And, I should be able to get better and be able to move up in difficulty, not get better so I can play on Easy!

GRRRRRRRR!!!!! Anyways, that's just my rant! Overall, the game looks really nice, the stages are really nice looking with lots going on, the Combot Training was interesting, and I have as yet to check out the online but I've heard it's very smooth, so that's all good stuff. For me, though, as a casual, not that great player, this just isn't the game for me, and I would recommend others who match my skill level stay away too, to save your sanity, controllers, and TV screens (and perhaps your little ones' virgin ears! lol)

This is my opinion, so please no snide remarks, or unhelpful comments in response! (You know who you are! lol)

So I've been playing this game for an hour or two and this is gonna be a big challenge for me. I'm pretty decent at fighting games (mainly SSF4/MvC3/SFxT) but I have 0 Tekken experience. In the other fighters I play, it's mainly about great spacing, zoning, footsies, blocking, cross ups, mix ups etc. but that's not always the case in this game.

I have to get used to the Tekken move imputs, blocking (holding down-back doesn't seem like a good idea) and wall combos. It may take me a couple of months but this looks like a game I can enjoy for a long time and deserves to be in my little collection.

Btw, I literally shit my pants when I saw the Command List. Every character has a 80+ move list >.< Hwoorang (the one I'm trying to main) has 129!

All the reasons stated above for not liking this game are valid, but what the hell is up with fight lab? That shit has got to be the stupidest extra in any fighting game ever.

So teaching a mechanics for new players on a most basic level is stupid?Its a perfect extra cause Tekken is really hard to learn.I welcome fight lab with open arms and say that its the best tutorial tool ever in a fighting game

So teaching a mechanics for new players on a most basic level is stupid?Its a perfect extra cause Tekken is really hard to learn.I welcome fight lab with open arms and say that its the best tutorial tool ever in a fighting game

I agree with you, the Fight Lab definitely helped me out understanding some of the game mechanics. Didn't care about the little story though, just wish they kept it basic like the tutorial in SFxT.

I agree with you, the Fight Lab definitely helped me out understanding some of the game mechanics. Didn't care about the little story though, just wish they kept it basic like the tutorial in SFxT.

Fight Lab is excellent.

I know NOTHING about "Tekken".

But in just a couple of chapters of "Fight Lab" and the game's basic mechanics have not only become clearer... I'm applying them in my actual matches.

50 characters, accessible to all levels and a solid online experience?

What's there to dislike?

I thought this was just going to tide me over until "Dead Or Alive 5" came out but I can see me playing this for ages to come.

Az

Fighting genres are not my first choice when it comes to video games but Tekken by far has to be my favorite fighting game series to date.

The character models look great, far better than 6's. Also I appreciate the use of a character's native language (i.e. Christie-portugese, Miguel-spanish, Leo-german, etc.). The stages have great design and awesome soundtracks to go along with them. Having gotten about half the achievements on day one the achievements are not too difficult although some can be time consuming.

Although I have been more than pleased with this game I have a few very minor complaints. One complaint I have for this game, is that I feel like the customization for each character is lacking. I like that in 6 you were able to customize arms, feet, legs, torso & head while TTT2 put the torso and arms together. The second is that I felt some of the endings for certain characters could have been longer (I've enjoyed all the endings for the characters I've unlocked so far).

oh boy all those whining babys here.

its always nice to see people complaining about characters being overpowered or the game being to difficult or overall mechanics after the game is out for a few days and if someone does not agree he is a fanboy.

are people seriously stupid enough to think they don´t need dedication and training in this game? then those better go to a certain other game.

OT:

i hated Tekken 6 because it was to easy and everyone could use the higher combos overall it felt like a tekken 5.2, now this with all the possible combinations is amazing so far, only thing that is difficult for me is the speed, compared to BlazBlue, which is my main game, it appears SO slow to me but i´ll get used to it.

Edited by CoregBlue1