DON'T join any public game!!!

That Guy1604670205

The game is ful of hackers now. The first game I joined after about a week and someone gives me $63,000,000. Luckily, I dashboarded straight away so it didn't save.

Having this amount of money on you will result in you getting put in the cheater pool for quite a few months. Even if someone gave it to you, you can still be put in the cheater pool.

I'l be staying in private lobbies untill this is fixed because GTA would be so boring if it stopped me from playing with my friends because of some random guy thinking he's funny.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My game seemed to save after he gave me 500 million, so i guess im screwed. It sucks because I already had a garage full of supercars and tank and heli, and dump and few other things. I had nothing else on my list to buy, and got it all legit. So if I get reset or go in the cheater pool, I will be pissed, because I didnt ask for the money or want it.

Having this amount of money on you will result in you getting put in the cheater pool for quite a few months. Even if someone gave it to you, you can still be put in the cheater pool.

Rockstar have stated: "If you were not engaged in any willful cheating or exploiting yourself, you do not need to worry about getting caught up in our work to separate out cheaters from the rest of the population." http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201142806

So if you've gotten the money by accident, you should be okay!

Though I do believe eveyone should heed the warning, that public should be avoided, just incase the system tags them as a cheater!

Though I fear that I'm F'ed (so to speak) as I've ended up with over $5.5b though killing bounties after joining a server and then someone gifted me even more, how the hell am I meant to have got $5.5b by accident, 'tis all my own fault (since I shouldn't have killed the 2nd bounty, but I liked seeing that huge number show up: I'd do it again, I tell you, without a doubt, ha ha ha ha ha ha! 't'was the best crime in GTA ever!!!)!? Oh well, I gave in and bought myself some nice things (if only because I couldn't be arsed moving all that money over to my 2nd character $1m at a time), I shall just sit and look at them while I spend forever sat in the cheater/bad-sport lobby!?

Oh, and in case anyone wonders: GTA$5.5b = about £59k in real money if bought via the sharkcards in the Xbox Live Market Place!? Wish I had that £59k for Christmas...

I don't have any modded money or a billion dollars or anything, but I did use an RP exploit (Welcome Party) last night to get from level 59 to 100. What exactly happens when you get put into the cheaters pool? Are you unable to do certain things or are you just forced to play with cheaters in public games? You can still do invite lobbies right? I assume you can eventually get out.

I have all of the achievements for this game now, but on the off chance that they add more multiplayer achievements down the line I don't want to be screwed out of getting something because of this possibility.

I don't have any modded money or a billion dollars or anything, but I did use an RP exploit (Welcome Party) last night to get from level 59 to 100. What exactly happens when you get put into the cheaters pool? Are you unable to do certain things or are you just forced to play with cheaters in public games? You can still do invite lobbies right? I assume you can eventually get out.

I have all of the achievements for this game now, but on the off chance that they add more multiplayer achievements down the line I don't want to be screwed out of getting something because of this possibility.

Cheater lobbies aren't actually that bad if you play by yourself. You can only ever play with other cheaters while you serve the time they put on you. You can do invite only sessions if you wanted.

I heard that someone was given money in the same way I got given money and were put in the cheater pool for 7 months.

I don't think that an RP exploit will get you put into the cheater pool. I think they are more focused on money.

Also, it seems like they can only see what you have but not how you got it. So being level 100 with about $2,000,000 in cash, no matter how illegitimately you got it will probably not result in a ban because it's very plausible to get that legit.

Cheater lobbies aren't actually that bad if you play by yourself. You can only ever play with other cheaters while you serve the time they put on you. You can do invite only sessions if you wanted.

I heard that someone was given money in the same way I got given money and were put in the cheater pool for 7 months.

I don't think that an RP exploit will get you put into the cheater pool. I think they are more focused on money.

Also, it seems like they can only see what you have but not how you got it. So being level 100 with about $2,000,000 in cash, no matter how illegitimately you got it will probably not result in a ban because it's very plausible to get that legit.

The problem is most people who have been given money dont just have $2,000,000. Im level 99 and today i gained $450,000,000 in 30 mins though random 'giveaways'

Well someone just gifted me close to $100,000,000 (I purposely went into a game to see if this would happen). We'll just have to see what Rockstar's gonna do about it! :p

My guess is they'll eventually release an update that will remove hacked money somehow. I'm seriously doubting they're going to ban anyone for this since it's happening to basically everyone in the game right now. The official word from Rockstar was that you had nothing to worry about if you were just given the money and didn't hack the game yourself.

EDIT: Someone just gifted me $2 billion. Will be very interesting to see how Rockstar deals with this. :biglaugh

Edited by bblcreator8790

I played this game this morning for the first time since the beach bum pack release. I noticed a guy putting $200 million bounties on players. I just drove around and collected some crate drops and out of nowhere, He gave me $46 million. A little later, he put one on me and I just left the first guy to get there kill me. Then, he split the bounty with me. In a span of 30 minutes, I went from 90k to $147 million. I thought about telling rockstar, but I don't think i will. If they want to ban me, I don't care. After losing my first character and still having problems with my crew emblem appearing on my clothes and cars, I feel I deserve that money. Drinks on me. :drunk

This is so sad. I was playing last night around 5am and saw red dots lighting up, then some guy texted me telling me to come get his bounty, which has never happened. Then I saw a bounty be set one someone that was in the millions and got the hell out of there. I know this has been happening awhile now, but now that there is a thread of it, it must be really bad and I don't know how R* will fix this.

Some guy that went and got a crate I was after I killed also decided to text me "Bro..." which I didn't get. Two texts at the same time, lol. I'm sure this had nothing to do with the bounties tho.

My question is, can R* fix this? If not, then public sessions are ruined forever. Which is quite sad.. things like this didn't happen in GTA IV until a year later or so. This is only a few months and already a massive issue.

Edited by InsaneKane87

This is so sad. I was playing last night around 5am and saw red dots lighting up, then some guy texted me telling me to come get his bounty, which has never happened. Then I saw a bounty be set one someone that was in the millions and got the hell out of there. I know this has been happening awhile now, but now that there is a thread of it, it must be really bad and I don't know how R* will fix this.

Some guy that went and got a crate I was after I killed also decided to text me "Bro..." which I didn't get. Two texts at the same time, lol. I'm sure this had nothing to do with the bounties tho.

My question is, can R* fix this? If not, then public sessions are ruined forever. Which is quite sad.. things like this didn't happen in GTA IV until a year later or so. This is only a few months and already a massive issue.

I don't think its a massive issue to be hohnest. The only nodded lobbies I've been in is money ones, a few people having a lot of money is an issue however not a game breaking one.

I don't think its a massive issue to be hohnest. The only nodded lobbies I've been in is money ones, a few people having a lot of money is an issue however not a game breaking one.

Exactly, money ones and the more people given money the more people put in cheater pools for nothing they did wrong. It seem to be going on quite a lot more last night out of no where.

I just cant believe how much of a brocken mess gta online has been since the start. It was so hyped but look at it now. The dlc with achievements they do had better me mostly single player. How can R* go from such a good single player campaign to this completely shite online?

However i have to admit once you can get it going and join a lobby with a couple of your mates the online is a blast.