General RE.net Events Thread

Veedrock

God I am freaking out about Neutralize The Threat, the leaderboard seems to have updated but with Wednesday's stats instead of yesterday's, so again it doesn't tell us anything. I should have over 200 kills and it's saying I only have 158 (though still Top 100). Hopefully they get the final results up soon so I can relax.

Looking ahead to the next event Gentlemen's Agreement, I'm trying to think up some good farming spots. So far I've got Chris 2-4 and 5-1, Jake 3-2 (especially with Agent Hunt), and Ada 2-3. Haven't measured how many BOWs you get per chapter or how fast you can get through them, just theorizing.

I created a team for Up Close And Personal, called it "Code Veronica x360a." :p Feel free to apply here, but since I've only got 2 slots open (laufujai is in) and I'm determined to earn a top rank, I'll be looking for dedicated players. It's a three day event, have to make every day count.

EDIT: Going to rule out Jake 3-2 (takes too long) and Ada 2-3 (too few enemies unless Whoppers count) for the next event. Chris 2-4 worked pretty well, 12 kills in 7-8 minutes. Still going to test 5-1 and I'm open to suggestions on other chapters. Onslaught may work, but I've had shoddy results in getting the bigger BOWs. Whether I get regular zombies or things like Strelats is a crapshoot.

EDIT 2: Doing some mercs testing for the team event, Solo against Neo-Umbrella J'avo with Chris/EX Jake; Martial Arts Master (2 knife quick shots) got more consistent results than Quick Shot Damage Increase (sometimes taking 3 knife quick shots). Meant to try it without any damage buff but I forgot.

I did some testing with the Stun Rod too and it worked out much better than the knife, but there's the question of whether kills from the extra electric effect count or not. One would think that it'd simply register as a Stun Rod kill and thus count, but these kills don't give you a +5 time bonus so the game does differentiate them. Hopefully the official ruleset will clear up the confusion when it's released.

The campaign is viable, but the AI can be a bit of a bitch by taking your kills, and of course if you're doing co-op then only one player can earn the kills. Will need to find a good place with lots of enemies, trying to think if there's any areas with infinite respawn but I'm drawing a blank. The final stage of the Simmons fight does but that's probably not an ideal place to work on this :p

Edited by Veedrock

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend and I still need two people to join our team. Don't really care who.

http://www.residentevil.net/en/xbox/team-detail-72772.html

https://www.residentevil.net/en/xbox/team-applyconfirm-72772.html

Team's called "The Jill Sandwiches" or whatever. I'm not in charge of it, but if anyone joins let me know.

It's just for fun, so we're not really worried about where we place.

RE Points and EX3 Tickets have been awarded for Neutralize The Threat. I got 61000 points for it, though I'm still pretty peeved that they didn't register my kills from the final day.

Team event starts Friday, still got an open spot on my team.

Edited by Veedrock

I didn't realize it's just recommended for 4. Anyway, I'll ask my friend if he accepted anyone else yet.

That said, got 41,000 points for the event. Got Sherry EX3, which looks awful in the best way (and she's one of my "mains", *cough*SHOTGUN*cough*), and since I had points, I got EX2 Piers.

Now I am only missing EX2 for Helena and Jake, and thanks to the Ogroman event, I am almost there. Getting Helena next.

My next EX3 will be Leon in March. Super excited.

Jesus, I don't get why these events start off so slow and then get hyper competitive. First day of Gentlemen's Agreement I was in Top 100 with 88 kills (like an hour of playing), didn't play the next day and got bumped down to 206, and after a lot of grinding today I'm barely Top 100 with 400 kills x_x

Still though, the very top ranks are just a league of their own, seriously Rank 1 has over 20k kills! I'm determined to do place high in the Team event but there is just no way I'll be able to keep up with them.

Only a few hours left, going to make them count I guess.

I grabbed EX3 Chris with this last Event Ticket and EX2 Ada with the Points. Only have Helena and Leon EX2 left. After that I'll probably just stockpile points until Revelations in the off chance that points are shared between sites, and if not then I'll just splurge on Diorama figures. My EX3 unlock order is going to be Leon, then Sherry, then Helena, and lastly Piers.

EDIT: Ah shit, team join phase is over. Going at it with 3 members, and I'm not even sure who the 3rd member is :I

Edited by Veedrock

EDIT: Ah shit, team join phase is over. Going at it with 3 members, and I'm not even sure who the 3rd member is :I

It's ok, I'm sure that well be able to hold our own. :)

I'm actually off work for the next two days so should have some good time to get on an grind some kills out! Soon as I find a good spot I'm comfortable with I'll be good to go.

Right now looks like it will be mercenaries for me.

I'm actually off work for the next two days so should have some good time to get on an grind some kills out! Soon as I find a good spot I'm comfortable with I'll be good to go.

Unfortunately I do have work, but that never stopped me from placing well in former events ;) I'll be putting work in every moment I can.

Right now looks like it will be mercenaries for me.

Likewise, I couldn't find a worthwhile spot in the campaign to farm. Urban Chaos and Rooftops worked well in practice with both Sherry and Chris, it's easier to get in on Zombies than Javo imo; you just have to be careful not to get greedy lategame so the kills don't go down the drain.

I'm also thinking that Onslaught might be worth trying, I realize it'll become less than practical after the opponent starts sending enemies, but the enemies seem to drop a lot easier in this mode and the shorter game time might work in its favor.

EDIT: Rules are up, straightforward with no twists and Stun Rod does indeed count. The tie breaker in this event is pretty nifty though.

Edited by Veedrock

Well if the goal of this event was to garner some appreciate for the knife, I'm happy to say it's working.

Best farming method is playing Urban Chaos without grabbing time bonuses, you get an average of 60-70 kills in a 5-6 minute game. You may not get any kills for the first 30 seconds, but the clock is getting constantly refilled by your knife kills once you get rolling, lasting until the Bloodshots show up, at which point the clock should run out. If you grab time bonuses then the games last extremely long, hindering your chances of survival and wasting time since you can't really use the knife on the second half of the game.

Edited by Veedrock

This is EXACTLY what I've been doing.

I find that Chris works best for me, and if you can get a Bloodshot on its own, quick shot (or knife in this case) and it will instantly go to it's knees, easier than I thought!

Also hoping the knife kills whilst enemies are floored count and it's not just a physical attack, Chris does use his knife, after all...

Nice scores, Veedrock! I'll try to catch up some tomorrow!

Rank 14, awesome! I can only imagine how we'd do if we had two more determined people. Also wish I had more free time :(

Been getting Web Badges at a pretty rapid rate due to the high kill count, got enough RE Points to score my 5th EX2. One more to go!

EDIT: FML, I have to do a double shift at work today.

Edited by Veedrock

Rank 14, awesome! I can only imagine how we'd do if we had two more determined people. Also wish I had more free time :(

Been getting Web Badges at a pretty rapid rate due to the high kill count, got enough RE Points to score my 5th EX2. One more to go!

EDIT: FML, I have to do a double shift at work today.

We're doing pretty well, and I didn't get the time I thought I would on it...

Even though you got your double shifts and all, you're still putting in some work, sir! :)

Even though you got your double shifts and all, you're still putting in some work, sir! :)

I've got the bags under my eyes to show for it.

Last day, going to try and keep up the pace.

EDIT: Going to call it, I could put in a few more hours work but we're not going to get much higher anyways. I'm happy with our placing, especially considering that we're handicapped :p

Edited by Veedrock

Points for Gentleman's Agreement have been awarded.

Imprisoned is still 2.5 days away, I'm just going to get a kill and be done with it personally. Not only am I burned out, but it's also an event that can be boosted which kind of ruins the spirit imo. Sure other events can be farmed, but you're still playing the game the right way.

Edited by Veedrock

Yeah, I'm not really feeling the next bunch of events, I haven't even touched predator mode yet, so I need the achievements, but not sure if this event is the right time to go for them.

I think I'll only go through with Pax Aeterna for the EX3 costume, though the amount of points on offer is really tempting. It's just that I've seen enough of that particular boss from my play troughs and the last speed run event. :/

I enjoyed the team event though, shame I couldn't get on more!

I think I'll only go through with Pax Aeterna for the EX3 costume, though the amount of points on offer is really tempting.

Yeah the points on offer are ridiculous, I'd settle for even Top 3000. Pretty sure I'm going to fudge the event: I'll play as Ada, hopefully score a crossover, and basically only play the first section with Leon. I'll idle the fight and minecart ride :p

High Seas Fortress is the only mercs map I haven't gotten yet, will have to pick it up soon. If Train Yard Dominator was anything to go by, there'll be so few entrants you can get Top 1000 just by playing. You won't get many RE Points but it's still something. I'll give it an honest effort but won't invest much time into it, I know I won't be able to compete with the serious scorers that'll inhabit Top 100.

Edited by Veedrock

Points for Up Close and Personal have been distributed. 10K seems like such a small amount ._.

Last day for Imprisoned, get your kills in now if your gonna do it. Barely over 1000 participants right now, so you can get 10k RE Points with only a few kills. I've got 11 kills and I'm rank 374.

It looks like the Revelations site has been up for a few days, although it's very bare right now. RE Points seem to be shared between sites. There's some kind of scratch card game you can play once per day in order to win figurines, not super sure on how it works just yet. I scratched a 20-0-30 (50%) and got the Chris 2 figurine. Post your results here so we can work out a list of prizes and if there's any catches.

EDIT: Man I draw the line at triple posting, somebody else comment!

Anyways, Chris & Jill figurine for pre-release Revelations campaign has been awarded. Figurines from RE6 and Rev are shared, I'm unsure if the diorama is shared though.

Day 2 of the Rev scratch card, 10-0-20 (30%) and got an Ooze figurine.

Last few login bonuses plus points from the last 2 events have allowed me to grab the last EX2. Going to save points now in case there's any significant unlocks for Revelations. Should have a lot stockpiled by May :p

Edited by Veedrock

Thought I'd post, stop you feeling lonely on here ;)

I've unlocked all EX2 costumes as well now, with over 40,000 RE points spare. It's good to know that points are shared across sites, but I would also like to think that there'll be some new costumes for RE6 on the way, the points they've been giving out lately are crazy, gotta be for something.

On the subject of costumes I still haven't 'received' my EX3 one in game that I unlocked during the Ogroman event. It's unlocked on RE.net but not in my game? Any ideas, or anyone have a similar issue?

Just about to jump on now to register for High Seas Dominator. Completely missed the last event! Apart from Onslaught I haven't even touch the other modes, which I'll have to to grab those lovely achievements.... If anyone wants to help clear those out of the way anytime, let me know :)

Have you tried the Genesis scratch card yet? Just played again, 50-30-5 (85%) and got the cruise ship (Queen Zenobia) and while the figurine itself is pretty cool, it looks silly on the diorama because of the awful scale.

Downloading High Seas Fortress now, been taking a much needed break the last few days and forgot to get it :p

I haven't played the scratch cards yet, is that from the Revelations site?

I did awful on High Seas Fortress; I've not played it before, so the layout was new, didn't know where anything was and kept dropping combos like crazy.

Oh well, I'm not too keen on these kind of events.... Looking forward to what comes up for next month! :)

Yeah scratch cards are for Revelations. My last few results:

50-5-30 (85%) - Unknown

0-10-5 (15%) - Hunk 1

50-10-20 (80%) - Globster

I enjoyed the general layout and especially the setting of High Seas Fortress but it's definitely rough. The map is just so freaking big that it's hard to collect all the time bonuses and maintain a decent combo. Feels like it would be good for co-op, but these darned events continue to be solo only. I didn't bother to get more than an A rank with EX Chris, Top 100 all had over 1m points which is out of my reach.

Next event starts tomorrow and lasts for an entire week.

Lots of new events announced, I'll update the OP later today. One of them is a speedrun event...wonder how that's going to work with the new stage select.

Edited by Veedrock

"Mooching" as Ada works nicely as long as you intersect, but if that fails it's just like playing as Leon/Helena. Just be sure you run to the elevator after the fight, otherwise it won't save the kill.

I'd like to recommend joining random games as Helena too, but you might end up wasting your time as it seems some people under "Here For Events" don't realize you can skip right to the fight.

Got 100% on the scratch card today and got Ooze (Chunk). Weak.

Edited by Veedrock

REMINDER: Today's the last day for Pax Aeterna, this is an EX3 event so make sure you get in! The number of participants in this event are lower than before, and since the total score is hacked to shit I'm not sure if we're at the target or not :/

===

I stopped being lazy and updated the OP with the next set of events is up, make sure to check them out if you haven't. There's been a number of changes in these events compared to previous, here's what sticks out to me:

The speedrun event ruleset mentions that use of Stage Select will render a time invalid, so that's good.

The mercs dominator event now requires at least a B rank. Not difficult by any means, but no more 2-minute matches for participation's sake.

Delivering Disaster is back (previous event was broken in case anybody missed it).

There's a new emphasis on results screens, most evident in the last two events announced. Hitting an autosave is no longer sufficient for your data to count, you have to beat the chapter. It's going to make farming more difficult, especially since the extermination events mentioned must be done in campaign.

Extermination Tactics isn't listed as an EX3 event, which I'm fairly certain that's a mistake. There's a collective goal like previous EX3 events as well as some serious RE Points at stake.

===

EDIT: Ugh just got my first repeat figurine from the Genesis Scratch Card. Things are about to get annoying.

Edited by Veedrock