Brass Balls Achievement Strategy Guide

xLCDx

http://xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/271/00000003.jpgBrass Balls

100 http://xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Complete the game on Hard difficulty without using a Vita-Chamber

For some reaosn people thing that this achievement is really hard, but the reality is that its is really really easy. So below I am going to give you some tips on how to get this achievement really really easyily without much effort. I have yet to get but I am almost done with only 3 hours of play tottal.

Tips

1. Save everytime you accomplish a new objective or in the middle of a fight, and before all bosses.

2. Skip as many splicers as possible. Only kill objective completing splicers, to make things go faster.

3. Save as much ammo as you can and use the wrench as much as you can and wrench jockey tonics to keep up the strength.

4. Don't wait to use first-aid. Use it right after fights even when you still have half-health left. Waiting to use health during battle is a bad idea becaue you might forget you have half health and instead you think you have full health and die.

5. Check all crates, trash cans, and dead splicers bodies for extra first-aid and eve items when you find your-self out of both and in a tight spot.

Defeating ATLAS

This might be tuff for some people who havn't even beaten the game on hard so please read carefully.

When you get to Atlas, the finall boss of the game, you need to make sure you have full ammo for the crossbow (including the regular,armor piercing, and anti-personnal rounds) and full eve and full first-aid packs. Anything else is not needed for this fight. When you first start out you need to run up to him and grab ADAM from him for the battle to start. So do that. When he comes down, he will start out as a fire element. So switch to your Blizzard plasmid and shoot at him to free him and shot a regular crossbow shot at him. Repeat this untill he goes back on his restraining table. Go grab more ADAM from him and he will come back down as the ice element. So hit him with your inferno plasmid and then shoot at him with your fire crossbow. Repat this untill he goes back up. Go grab more ADAM and he will come back down for a third and final time. He will be a multi-element so any plasmid and crowssbow shots will work. This time when he is down you will also have a couple of splicers who will come down and try to attack you. Don' worry about them becasue the AI on these are really bad and will rarely hit you, just focus on Atlas. Keep shooting your crossbows and he will eventually go down.

If for some reason you do happen to die please be sure that you had a previous save somewhere close by the same part. If you didn't I suggest turning off your xbox and loading the auto-save.

NOTE: In order to obtain this achievement you must go to options in the game's menue and turn ON "Disable Vita-Chambers." If you do not do this and die you will spawn in a vita-chamber and HAVE to start the game all over again. Even if you did have a previous save without the death. If you sapwn in a chamber the entire save is messed up and you will have to start over.

Good Luck :)

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here are a few things you should add.

#1 abuse the save option.

#2 avoid any/all avoidable fights

#3 dont worry about fighting big daddies until you have a REALLY strong weapon

#4 running away is ALWAYS an option.

#5 Don't take ANY unnecessary risks!

#6 always keep full 1st-aids and hypos. you can always get more money.

#7 Focus on using ADAM to buy health upgrades.

#8 Take advantage of hacked machines

#9 using a "hypnotize big daddy" plasmid will save you alot of trouble.

when i think of more i'll be sure to let you know.

p.s. no i do not have the achievment. after playing through it once and only missing 2 achievments i got bored of the game.

NOTE: In order to obtain this achievement you must go to options in the game's menue and turn ON "Disable Vita-Chambers." If you do not do this and die you will spawn in a vita-chamber and HAVE to start the game all over again. Even if you did have a previous save without the death.

does it matter when you turn of vita chambers? like i havent died yet but im in the 3rd area so hopefully it isnt too late.

Yes turn them off becasue if u save and then die and come back from a vita chamber that entire save is screwed up.

If you just load your last save it can't be screwed!? It takes longer to have it turned on because you have to go back to the menu and load the game from there (longer load times then). So if you just remember to load a game everytime you "die" it must be ok?

I still think it was pretty mean to make that achievement.. I was praying they'd make something I'd try...

As I remember, hard was well.... HARD MUCH? I already traded the game in, so I couldn't try even if I wanted to unless I rented it again. =[

Goodluck to everyone who tries!

If you just load your last save it can't be screwed!? It takes longer to have it turned on because you have to go back to the menu and load the game from there (longer load times then). So if you just remember to load a game everytime you "die" it must be ok?

It's actually not that long:

1.) You die and are transferred to title screen

2.) You press the A button twice

3.) You wait a tiny bit

4.) You're back in the game

Yes turn them off becasue if u save and then die and come back from a vita chamber that entire save is screwed up.

Ok, I read the entire thread and for some distant reason... I'm still wanting some clarification, even though I believe I already know the answer because Fonkey Monkey asked the question that I believe I was thinking as I was reading along in the thread.

I have already started a new game. I haven't died and I'm just in the Medical Pavillion. Can I turn off the Vita-Chambers and continue to play on that save?... or... do I need to start a new save with the Vita Chambers option turned off? I guess what I'm really trying to ask is... does it really matter when you turn them off? Or so long as they are off, then you're fine!? Thanks by the way. Great tips.

Ok that did end up being the same question that Fonkey Monkey asked. I'd hate to get most all the way through the game... or even part of the way through this game and find out that I f*ked up my save the entire time, while I was thinking that I was doing it correctly, you know?

P.S. I pressed start to get into the options to change this setting and I'm not seeing it... I'm guessing I need to reload my game and change this setting before I start the game from the main game menu?

Nevermind... the reason it wasn't showing up for me is because I hadn't downloaded the bonus DLC content yet, just the title update for the game. Do you think that this will affect me getting the achievement still now that I downloaded the DLC and how now switched "Disable Vita Chambers" to On and haven't died yet. I don't see why it wouldn't still work fine. Does anybody know for sure? Again, I'd hate to play through this game excited about getting this achievement and then find that I should have just started a fresh game from the beginning.

Well Im playing with vita chambers on! I say it's bull that you have to have it off! Don't make any sense to me. So I will report when I have complete the game if tell you if the game proved me wrong or not :p

And yes not that long to have to quit to the main manu but it is faster to load you savegame ingame then have to quit to the main manu!

Do you think that this will affect me getting the achievement still now that I downloaded the DLC and how now switched "Disable Vita Chambers" to On and haven't died yet. I don't see why it wouldn't still work fine. Does anybody know for sure? Again, I'd hate to play through this game excited about getting this achievement and then find that I should have just started a fresh game from the beginning.

The new achievement is in the title update, you're totally fine.

The new achievement is in the title update, you're totally fine.

Thanks for the reply. Just what I was waiting to hear. It wouldn't have mattered either way, I really enjoy this game. I hope they make a part two. That would be nice. All the tonics and power ups are what make the game so fun and enjoyable, plus it has a great storyline! I would like to know if a BioShock 2 would be in the works...

im not reading the wwhole thread, but you DONT HAVE TO TURN OFF VITA CHAMBERS! If you respawn at one, just load your previous save. It works. If you say it doesn't, you're lying and you screwed up somewhere or the game bugged. I did it HEAPS of times. It's how I got the achievement so fast.