Shadow of the Colossus movie announced

B1GM13

Sony Pictures will adapt the popular PlayStation 2 title "Shadow of the Colossus" into a big screen action film, with Justin Marks writing the screenplay and Kevin Misher in negotiations to produce, says Variety.

"Colossus," which was released exclusively on the PlayStation 2 in 2005, revolves around a man named Wander who must travel across a cursed wasteland and defeat 16 creatures, known as the colossi, in order to restore the life of a girl.

The project, which proved a big seller for PlayStation and was produced internally by Sony Computer Entertainment, will build upon the video game's fantasy setting of a solitary world with few characters other than the 16 enemies.

Source - http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=54333

That is awesome, i loved that game. It didn't have much of a story line because all you did was go from colossus to colossus with no real story line in between. Never the less it was awesome and the bosses looked stunning for PS2 graphics.

I wonder who will play wander and can't wait to see what the Collosi look like in CGI.

Word is it's being penned by the same guy who did the Street Fighter Chun-Li movie.

Well if that's true, than everyone should probably give up right now. I heard that movie was balls terrible.

Personally, I never played the game, but I really don't see how it could be made into a movie. Seriously, a nameless character going around and killing 16 creatures doesn't seem like it would make a good movie.

...If they fuck this game up in the translation and adaptation, then everyone involved in the production aspect needs to be shot. This is one of the most remarkable games I ever played, and the only open world style game I EVER enjoyed. I seriously cannot wait, thanks for the epic news!

^^^^^^ This!