OpFor is NOT Glitched! Read!!

PG_MaxPayne

So I FINALLY got the OpFor achievement. I had been trying for a while and probably have beaten each faction on Hardcore 4 times or so.

What you do if you beat it with all 3 factions and don't get the achievement, simply go to the dashboard and clear your Xbox 360 cache.

To clear your cache, go to the dashboard and then the "My Xbox" area, then go to the "System Settings" tab (last one) and then select "Memory". Hit "Y" on your Harddrive and then do the following combination: X X Left Bumper Right Bumper X X. After you do this, hit "Yes" for performing maintenance on your Harddrive. Cache cleared!

Now, reload the game and reinstall the update that it makes you do before you can sign back into XBL. Then load your game (I still had my game saves where I had to fight 1 battle and then would win WW3 with that faction) and beat it with that faction. As soon as you beat all 3, "Achievement Unlocked".

Post away if you still have questions or need help or advice for Hardcore as I am pretty confident I have an idea of what to do now for each faction.

• 3 weeks later...

OMG, please tell me how you can win on hardcore. I can win on hardcore up until about day 16. By that time the computer has insane upgrades and takes like 2 tanks to kill one of his transports.

I can win after day 16 but its always B or C rating. Thus i gain a territory and lose a territory. Can't seem to make headway

Edited by ObjectjveTruth

What I did was at the very beginning I would choose the defense missions until I pushed the attacker back to their capital at which point they cease to attack you. Then I do the attack missions (saving after every mission in case I start to lose).

Always keep track of the combat triangle and be sure to use Artillery because it helps a lot!

• 3 weeks later...
So I FINALLY got the OpFor achievement. I had been trying for a while and probably have beaten each faction on Hardcore 4 times or so.

What you do if you beat it with all 3 factions and don't get the achievement, simply go to the dashboard and clear your Xbox 360 cache.

To clear your cache, go to the dashboard and then the "My Xbox" area, then go to the "System Settings" tab (last one) and then select "Memory". Hit "Y" on your Harddrive and then do the following combination: X X Left Bumper Right Bumper X X. After you do this, hit "Yes" for performing maintenance on your Harddrive. Cache cleared!

Now, reload the game and reinstall the update that it makes you do before you can sign back into XBL. Then load your game (I still had my game saves where I had to fight 1 battle and then would win WW3 with that faction) and beat it with that faction. As soon as you beat all 3, "Achievement Unlocked".

Post away if you still have questions or need help or advice for Hardcore as I am pretty confident I have an idea of what to do now for each faction.

Congratulations for conquering all these 3 factions on hardcore with Opfor successfully unlocked! you must worked very hard and apparently your supreme patience stood unchallenged... I doubt i can't get it forever, this thing is so ridiculous and not just a simple mop-up or whatever you call it, as long as its unlocking condition remains uncertain...

I am done with Europe and US on hardcore a few times (I keep the save just before each victory)but still don't have "Ready for Threater of War", WTF?!:confused::mad: Some people say it's necessary to beat Prelude to War and I patiently did twice for each, perfect holy goddamned it, this pain in the ass really sucks! I've repeated your solution 3 times and unfortunately no achievement yet, i doubt the pitch must be somehow glitched. ohh shit I am just about lose my temper and tear up the disc! this thing really dot deeply into my nerves man! yeah i am just beling so frustrated and stressed, everyone can imagine one can be very mad like after a whole day hard work and no payment!

• 3 weeks later...

thank you so much for that usefull info, its helping me to get achievments in other gmes besides this, lol, but i WaS looking here for info on this game, i never knew bout the cache and now i was able to get unlockallthings code for need for speed pro street. you are amazing, thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I hope the glitch doesn't happen to me.

And I have a few achievement questions PG_MaxPayne. How did you get Sharpshooter,the WMD achievement(Defeat 6 units with one WMD), World In Flames(As in what faction you chose after completing finishing move),Untouchable and Turning Point?

• 1 month later...

Sorry for forgeting to mention that after many tries I finally got the "Ready for Theater of War" achievement, damnit that was 2 month ago... I cleared my cache on April and it finally poped out! but it didn't work last year even I cleared it many times though...

it worked on my EU data and I gotta beat the last mission of US again and also for Russia from the very begining.

I wonder why Tom Clancy's games are all so glitchy... so UBI soft sucks at setting up achievements? H.A.W.X gave me a hard time on coop missions, some people told me to clear my cache, others recommended me to press B on the device select screen. well HAWX's an easy game to mop up but for Endwar Opt out achievement, once this tricky glitch occurs people who worked hard for it must be very pissed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I hope the glitch doesn't happen to me.

And I have a few achievement questions PG_MaxPayne. How did you get Sharpshooter,the WMD achievement(Defeat 6 units with one WMD), World In Flames(As in what faction you chose after completing finishing move),Untouchable and Turning Point?

Sharpshooter - I got it by attacking an infantry unit with an artillery unit that was hidden behind a hill.

Oppenheimer - I got it randomly while playing and wasn't trying to get it or anything but if you start a skirmish game with a buddy, have him capture a majority of the uplink towers to where you are in DEFCON, then have him have 6 units at one uplink tower and then use your WMD.

World in Flames - If you beat the Prelude to War on Hardcore, you will unlock this. Either use the USA or Spetsnaz because it is hardest with Europe.

Untouchable - I actually started a game with a buddy and we took turns to get this. All he did was evacuate all of his units at the start and I got the victory and achievement.

Turning Point - Again I got it in a skirmish game with a buddy, I had him trigger DEFCON and crash an uplink, then he evacuated all of his units and I got the achievement.

• 4 months later...