RE.net event: Zombie Mayhem (prize: EX3 costume)

Cobwebbyfir

You know you could have posted the rules, and maybe the xbox link >.>

https://www.residentevil.net/en/xbox/event-20.html

The city's crawling with zombies, take 'em out! We can't even tell how many are out there, but if you work together we're sure you'll be able to kill 15 million of them!

How to participate

Players who defeat at least one of the target creatures during the event period.

Rule details

- 15m zombie kills across all players

- If the target is met, all participants will be awarded an EX3 costume of their choice.

- No Campaign / Extra mode limits.

- No single / multiplayer limits.

- No difficulty setting limits.

-The [Zombie], [bloodshot], [shrieker], [Whopper], [Whopper Supreme], and [Zombie Dog C] kills count towards the total.

- Rankings and event stats are updated once every day

- In the event of a tie, the player with the highest number of kills under [Zombies] in the enemy list wins.

Event results

1/10/2013 20:00 (JST)

I imagine this is for the retro costumes. Good to see they're not DLC.

Edited by Veedrock

Unfortunately, it looks like we only get ONE of the costumes for participating. You get to choose, which is great, but I am torn on which one I want.

My top choices are Sherry, Leon and Chris. Almost definitely going for Sherry, though, haha. Just sucks it's only one. I assume that means they will either have more events to unlock all of them or they will eventually go up for 'purchase' with points, but we'll have gotten some without having to earn points.

Where is the link to xbox version, or is this PS only?

Veedrock posted it:

https://www.residentevil.net/en/xbox/event-20.html

Wow, I don't know about this. Sure, all you have to do is participate...but those 8-bit costumes are fucking ridiculous.

First off, that's not 8-bit. That doesn't even make sense. It's PS1 style which was way beyond 8-bit. I think the proper term in this instance would be "low-polygon count" or something to that nature. Low-res textures as well, but certainly not 8bit.

2nd, that's the whole point. They're ridiculous. And for Leon, Sherry, Ada and Chris, they're nostalgic. And Chris actually looks like Chris instead of Ben Savage if he were a beefcake.

Personally, this is one of the things I was most excited for when people were finding stuff on the disc. I am hoping Capcom puts out a patch later so we can use these costumes in the campaign instead of just Mercenaries/Extra Content stuff.

What I want to know is this; Does playing mercenaries or campaign SOLO count?

I know it says you have to be connected to the internet, which I am, but everytime I check RE.NET my kills do not seem to be on there! :(

Anyone else having this issue?

I'd be grateful for any insight...

First off, that's not 8-bit. That doesn't even make sense. It's PS1 style which was way beyond 8-bit. I think the proper term in this instance would be "low-polygon count" or something to that nature. Low-res textures as well, but certainly not 8bit.

2nd, that's the whole point. They're ridiculous. And for Leon, Sherry, Ada and Chris, they're nostalgic. And Chris actually looks like Chris instead of Ben Savage if he were a beefcake.

Personally, this is one of the things I was most excited for when people were finding stuff on the disc. I am hoping Capcom puts out a patch later so we can use these costumes in the campaign instead of just Mercenaries/Extra Content stuff.

Well excuse me for my improper terminology and for offending your opinion that the costumes actually look good. Remember when everyone had the right to their own opinions? Well mine is that the costumes look stupid, is all. Also, what would be the point of them adding the costumes to Campaign is by that point, you me and almost everyone will have beaten the Campaigns already...

Well excuse me for my improper terminology and for offending your opinion that the costumes actually look good. Remember when everyone had the right to their own opinions? Well mine is that the costumes look stupid, is all. Also, what would be the point of them adding the costumes to Campaign is by that point, you me and almost everyone will have beaten the Campaigns already...

I don't think you understood the comment.

I didn't say you had to think the costumes looked good. I just said that it was the whole point, for them to look like that and be weird.

They're ugly as hell. They don't look good at all. I'm excited because I grew up playing the games, so it's nostalgic. I don't want Helena's or Piers's at all. They look awful. Only reason I kinda like Jake's is because he reminds me of characters like Nicholai in RE3.

But I mean, if you want to go off like I was offended by that, by all means.

And I don't mean to sound like a jerk with the 8-bit thing. It's just not what it is. Don't act like an ass when someone corrects you. It's not a big deal.

And I don't see what difference it makes if we're done with the campaign. In RE4 you had to beat the game to unlock costumes. I still replayed it with the RPD uniform. It would just be fun to replay the game in the EX1, EX2 or EX3 costumes. Did you never play games over again after completing them? Just finish it and you're done forever? Or did you just not like RE6 enough to want to replay it?

Do kills in campaign count, and kills in mercenary if you die?

No idea if Mercenaries count if you die, but pretty damn sure Campaign kills count, as mine went up and all I did today was campaign.

What I want to know is this; Does playing mercenaries or campaign SOLO count?

I know it says you have to be connected to the internet, which I am, but everytime I check RE.NET my kills do not seem to be on there! :(

Anyone else having this issue?

I'd be grateful for any insight...

RE.net updates like crap. All modes should count, no matter what, as long as you're online. I've only played Mercenaries and Solo Campaign. In fact, like I said above, today I -only- played campaign (solo) and the number went up (after I forced it).

The site does not update immediately and sometimes you have to force it. Every time I finish a chapter or a few rounds of Mercenaries, I have been going to Options and "Auto Data Load" or whatever so that it connects to the Server again, then I go to the site and click Synchronize. Then maybe log out/log back in. For example, I just finished Leon's campaign and it still said I only had 300 or so kills. Did all the above and after a bit it said 500-600 or so.

I also notice it hasn't been updating my spot on the leaderboard at all. I think they only update it once a day (I believe it says that somewhere), so you may not see the results of what you've been doing for a while.

But as I was saying, it says I am Rank 2826, but it has said this ever since I had 62 kills, and right now I have almost 600 (mostly just been doing campaign, so less kills compared to playing Mercenaries sessions back to back). Likewise, the numbers of the top 500 haven't changed at all. So I'd say not to worry about it yet. If it is still not updated right after doing what I said, and if the ranks don't update by tomorrow, then I am not really sure what the deal is, as this is my first event.

EDIT: Just changed, so it must go sometime around midnight. So right now, I am ranked 1929. So yeah, it takes a day for it to really take affect.

Edited by MoldyClay87

I don't think you understood the comment.

I didn't say you had to think the costumes looked good. I just said that it was the whole point, for them to look like that and be weird.

They're ugly as hell. They don't look good at all. I'm excited because I grew up playing the games, so it's nostalgic. I don't want Helena's or Piers's at all. They look awful. Only reason I kinda like Jake's is because he reminds me of characters like Nicholai in RE3.

But I mean, if you want to go off like I was offended by that, by all means.

And I don't mean to sound like a jerk with the 8-bit thing. It's just not what it is. Don't act like an ass when someone corrects you. It's not a big deal.

And I don't see what difference it makes if we're done with the campaign. In RE4 you had to beat the game to unlock costumes. I still replayed it with the RPD uniform. It would just be fun to replay the game in the EX1, EX2 or EX3 costumes. Did you never play games over again after completing them? Just finish it and you're done forever? Or did you just not like RE6 enough to want to replay it?

Didn't mean to sound like an ass in my response dude, so my bad if you thought I was coming off as rude. I guess I can't appreciate the costumes as much as you or many others because I didn't really care about RE until the fourth installment. And don't get me wrong, I've played DOZENS and DOZENS of games again even after I've beaten them and obtained everything possible, I just think that RE6 wasn't good (not a single bit) so I would never play through it again, know what I mean? Anyways, like I said, didn't mean to sound offensive, because I wasn't even the slightest bit.

So I have made the discovery that, as far as in-game records go, it does not count when you die. I checked all my kills for enemies that are in Urban Chaos (Zombies, Bloodshot, Zombie Dog C and Whopper) before and after playing through once and dying twice.

I had 17 Whoppers killed before and now only have 18, but I killed it each of the 3 times. So it didn't count those. I am hoping the site will half update soon because I want to compare if it counted them for the site or if it just pulls from the stats in-game rather than actually counting them (which I think is the case). So if you die, potentially say goodbye to a lot of kills.

I have a significant inquiry about the kills...

Do the kills that you get while hiding like a little girl under the death trap in Catacombs on onslaught mode count towards this event?

Because if so, you can rack up 300-400 kills on that without breaking a sweat.

Unfortunately, this I don't know, as I don't have the DLC modes right now. Could be tested though if you cross reference RE.net. Just takes a while since they don't update fast.

Thanks, MoldyClay87!

I just checked it this morning and it has shown up, granted its only 300 kills, but at least I'm on there! :)

I'll try to get some more time on it and rack that score up!

Thanks for the info!!!

You're welcome! Kinda sad I didn't take time to play yesterday, as my rank dropped, haha. Been playing today. Hope to rise up. Currently around 1,500 kills only doing Mercenaries (Urban Chaos) and having beaten Leon's campaign once. I would've had over 2000 if the event started when I got the game on Christmas, haha.

Didn't mean to sound like an ass in my response dude, so my bad if you thought I was coming off as rude. I guess I can't appreciate the costumes as much as you or many others because I didn't really care about RE until the fourth installment. And don't get me wrong, I've played DOZENS and DOZENS of games again even after I've beaten them and obtained everything possible, I just think that RE6 wasn't good (not a single bit) so I would never play through it again, know what I mean? Anyways, like I said, didn't mean to sound offensive, because I wasn't even the slightest bit.

Ah, well, then just a misunderstanding between us. That's fine. That's the problem with written replies. You can't always sense tonality. No harm done.

And I can understand that. I like things that look awful sometimes, so even if I didn't like RE until RE4, I'd probably still appreciate them (both as a nod to older fans and because I like things that look awful).

I can also understand not liking RE6. I like it a lot, so I have no problem with replaying it after I will have finished it, but I totally understand not wanting to if you didn't enjoy it (hence asking if you didn't like it). But for other people, those that like it and those that are simply fans of the retro costumes (ugly as they may be), it would be awesome to replay the game using those costumes (or even the joke alternates already available).

Unfortunately, this I don't know, as I don't have the DLC modes right now. Could be tested though if you cross reference RE.net. Just takes a while since they don't update fast.

I'm pretty sure they do. I just checked my score for the event and it seems like the catacombs farming runs I did yesterday are updated into it now.

Yeah, figured as much.

Contemplating getting the DLC modes. I still don't understand what Onslaught is though.

To put it simply it's what would happen if Mercs and Tetris Battle had a baby.

You slaughter hordes of enemies, and your opponent does the same. You are on different maps (same stage, but separated) so you can't interfere or interact with each other, but the enemies you get will be the same (though not necessarily at the same time, depending on either of your performances) and if one of you dies, the other wins. Alternately, if neither of you die, then whoever has the highest score wins.

Personally, it's the only DLC mode I care for but to each their own.