Achievement Discussion

Barad

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point values involved in these achievements are strange, namely the one for completing all of the memories to 100% (which was 100g with the dlc for the previous game) being downgraded to 20.

I feel like they just went "SCREW IT. Let's make everything 20g"

The only achievements that seem even remotely hard on this list besides are:

- Climb Hagia Sofia, from the ground to the pinnacle, in under 25 seconds (not sure what this building even looks like, and I've never been good at just straight climbing)

- Parachute directly from the top of the Galata Tower to the golden horn. (air controls... gah)

But I must say, Mosh Pit sounds INSANELY fun (have 10 guards poisoned at once)

Looks good to me, personally the multiplayer seems a lot easier than it was last time in Brotherhood. Only rank up to 20 for the achievement (you can go further for extras and stuff if you want) and nothing insane like Extreme Variety to go after or some of that other crazy crap.

Yeah, I"m really glad to see that the MP achievements are way more reasonable. There were some in Brotherhood that pretty much REQUIRED boosting, it was crazy. I can't let my 100% streak in AC games end yet, so hopefully it should be too bad getting them all in this. Looks like it'll be fun for the most part...

The Mosh Pit one just sounds hilarious, with the poisoning of the guards. And the Spider Assassin one I love because I always find myself singing the Spider-Man theme when Ezio is climbing some huge ass building.

I gotta say I'm super excited for the last one I read, Bully, where you find and beat up Duccio. I'm going to relish abusing that jerk.

How do you start this thread without supplying a link to the achievement list?

MP Cheevs are a HUGE improvement; most are just for trying out various features. Even a bad player can eventually get Achiever (complete a challenge, i.e. kill x number with y weapon) and True Templar (Reach Level 20). Tactician (2500 for a kill) and maybe Make the Headlines (12 different Accolades) are the only ones that require any skill. I won't need to boost this time, yay!

I guess the books (Sage) memoir pages (Worth A Thousand Words) and animus data fragments (Capped)are the equivalent of flags / feathers? I hope they let you map / track them again.

All around, good stuff. Quite a few are like bonus missions, some of which sound quite fun.

Edited by daishichi

How do you start this thread without supplying a link to the achievement list?

Thank you sir! I was all confused at first, and then started to get concerned I'd actually have to go do work to find that list. Whew!

They totally make the achievements more accessible. There's no point in even boosting this time around (unless you really don't want to play multiplayer).

The only one that concerns me is:

Fond Memories 20 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.png

Achieve 100% Synchronization in all Sequences.

I know there will be just that one mission where I get 80% consistently and can never quite get to 100%. Sigh....

The only one that concerns me is:

Fond Memories 20 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.png

Achieve 100% Synchronization in all Sequences.

I know there will be just that one mission where I get 80% consistently and can never quite get to 100%. Sigh....

I wasn't so worried about this at first; very few of AC:B's missions took me more than a second try to get 100%. There were those timed Romulus Lairs, a couple of "don't get hit" missions (easy if you call in your assassins), and...

...oh, wait. Those two da Vinci missions where you can't get hit in the glider and the tank! Musta restarted the glider one a dozen times, and the tank one was really only possible (for me at least) due to a glitch (backing the tank past the desync wall).

Okay, this has the potential to be a toughie....but they only give you 20 GS for it? I think they must have nerfed it a bit based on gamer complaints.

Musta restarted the glider one a dozen times, and the tank one was really only possible (for me at least) due to a glitch (backing the tank past the desync wall).

Okay, this has the potential to be a toughie....but they only give you 20 GS for it? I think they must have nerfed it a bit based on gamer complaints.

The tank one is the critical turning point when I decided that 100% was going to be impossible in AC:B.

I would not complain if they nerf the achievement for AC:R. :)

I never found the 100% synch achievement hard like many people. The only thing that gave me some trouble was that tank mission, but once you got the hang of circle strafing it was easy. The reason so many people complained about 100% synch in Brotherhood because they added it in the Da Vinci DLC after most people alteady beat the game. At least this time around it only applies to the missions and not 100% game synch. No problems here for me. Most certainly an easy 1,000. Don't know why people who hunt achievements complain about collectible achievements. Every game these days has collectibles. If you don't like it, don't search for them. Not like it is very hard with a guide.

Well, I did resort to the glitch for the tank mission, but I would've kept at it till I got it otherwise. My complaint is that it was kind of unreasonable: why expect perfection with a gameplay mechanic that makes up 1% of the game? I'm awesome at roof running and stabbing people, 'cause that's what the game is about. Tanks and gliders? A bit random. Add to that the absence of checkpoints, requiring 5 minutes of meaningless replay, and the fun is officially sucked out.

They could have been more creative, i.e. knock five guards off a tower with the glider, take out 10 guards with exploding barrels with the tank. I hope to see that type of extra effort asked for in the AC:R 100% mission standards.

MP Cheevs are a HUGE improvement; most are just for trying out various features. Even a bad player can eventually get Achiever (complete a challenge, i.e. kill x number with y weapon) and True Templar (Reach Level 20). Tactician (2500 for a kill) and maybe Make the Headlines (12 different Accolades) are the only ones that require any skill. I won't need to boost this time, yay!

That's 2500 in a session, not one kill.

I'm a little let down with the MP achievements. Given that MP achievements suck but this game I found to be very very fun for MP. I will still level up as high as I can legit unless they broke the MP which will make me sad. Time will tell about how they changed stuff around.

Unless you suck at playing against REAL people, that makes no sense at all. Some online achievements suck, but so do a lot of SP achievements

When I say they ruin the online for games it's because everyone wants to boost, people cry when you don't let them. Nobody wants to play properly or half your team is doing an achievement and people playing for real get their asses kicked.

Not to mention that not everyone has online and what happens when they shut down the servers and those achievements are no longer accessible. Online achievements are stupid and should be done away with.

Achievements should be earned solo to prove ones skills, not how many times you can boost with everyone else.

Hmm, these achievements suggest lots of new features, bomb making, some kind of tower defence, ziplines, tax collectors etc. Sounds very interesting, and may tip the balance of me buying or renting this game.

Although i'm not very happy about the 100% Synch missions achievement. And hopefully we'll see more Leonardo in this game, instead of just the DLC like Brotherhood. (I didn't get that DLC though, so I have no idea if he'll be in Revelations)