Official Bitching Thread

BIGbivvie

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All right, then I guess I'll open the party: This game has the FASTEST fun-to-frustration time I've ever seen. I started up the game, had fun for all of 10 minutes, and now I'm stuck on a frustrating, unbeatable, unskippable chariot-race sequence. Running over rocks decreases your health. The entire left side of the track is covered in rocks. I'm on the left side of the track. I'm not going to say that it's IMPOSSIBLE, but it'll take nothing less than a completely random glitch to get through this alive. And in the meantime, I'm dying, and dying, and dying AGAIN, and then dying SOME MORE, and most definitely NOT having fun.

Seriously, did they do ANY playtesting on this POS at all? Did it NEVER occur to them that putting a mandatory frustrate-a-minute sequence right at the start of the game might be a BAD IDEA? Heck, it'd be a downright terrible idea to put this in ANYWHERE, but if it was later, I'd at least have some sort of investment in the game. Instead, I'm seriously considering expelling the game from my machine and going back to playing Forza 4 instead.

Playing mutiplayer and dying repeatedly because the game doesn't tell you how to do shit and almost all the other player's had brotherhood so know what's what. And why did a cut scene pop up with some stupid old man talking shit then finish to reveal that the match has started and I'd just been killed.

Playing mutiplayer and dying repeatedly because the game doesn't tell you how to do shit.

Same here, I don't think the tutorials really explained much. Like how come I see someone about to kill me, I press B when I see it and I never get a stun, I just punch them so they get less points but then they kill me anyway :confused:

I've got to level 15 just by playing it all day, it's sad to say I still don't really have a clue what's going on most of the time, I'm just happy that it's only 20 levels and the XP requirements are low enough to get there within a day.

Can't wait to be done with it though.

All right, then I guess I'll open the party: This game has the FASTEST fun-to-frustration time I've ever seen. I started up the game, had fun for all of 10 minutes, and now I'm stuck on a frustrating, unbeatable, unskippable chariot-race sequence. Running over rocks decreases your health. The entire left side of the track is covered in rocks. I'm on the left side of the track. I'm not going to say that it's IMPOSSIBLE, but it'll take nothing less than a completely random glitch to get through this alive. And in the meantime, I'm dying, and dying, and dying AGAIN, and then dying SOME MORE, and most definitely NOT having fun.

Seriously, did they do ANY playtesting on this POS at all? Did it NEVER occur to them that putting a mandatory frustrate-a-minute sequence right at the start of the game might be a BAD IDEA? Heck, it'd be a downright terrible idea to put this in ANYWHERE, but if it was later, I'd at least have some sort of investment in the game. Instead, I'm seriously considering expelling the game from my machine and going back to playing Forza 4 instead.

You realise you can just go to the left of those rocks right? That way you aren't taking any damage from them.

I'm trying to get 100% synch on my first playthrough. Not being able to load a checkpoint is driving me insane. I keep having to replay the whole Imperial North Den Attack mission from the start because I keep screwing up.

Edit: thanks to the game freezing on me and having to restart my Xbox, I found out that quitting and then reloading will reset the synch objective. So if you fail the 100% synch objective, quitting to the main menu and reloading should reset it. Also, that mission was incredibly easy to synch: Just shoot the target from a rooftop and then hook blade jump onto the tower.

Edited by sam0hT

Finding a game in multiplayer is just awful, one of the worst experience I have ever had in a game. Takes me 20 minutes to find one match, sometimes when I am playing I have NO targets and NO people coming after me and I cant do anything but run around.

Such a buggy mess, I cant believe this shit passed during testing.

i've only done the "tower defense" mini game thing once so far. i didnt like it, but i'm going to guess it will grow on me by the end of the game. making the bombs seems a little overwelming, and testing them seems like i'm just going to be wasting time messing with that group of civilians but again i've only done that once.

over all the game just doesnt have the exciting feeling i was hoping. the multiplayer is funner then it was in brotherhood, but i'm sure when im finished with the game i have fun ferreting out all them hidden items (i.e. the animus data fragments and other treasures:Bounce:)

i've only done the "tower defense" mini game thing once so far. i didnt like it, but i'm going to guess it will grow on me by the end of the game. making the bombs seems a little overwelming, and testing them seems like i'm just going to be wasting time messing with that group of civilians but again i've only done that once.

over all the game just doesnt have the exciting feeling i was hoping. the multiplayer is funner then it was in brotherhood, but i'm sure when im finished with the game i have fun ferreting out all them hidden items (i.e. the animus data fragments and other treasures:Bounce:)

I too dislike the tower defence thing, thankfully though it's really very easy to avoid it happening, after all it only happens if you have a full Templar Awareness Meter and then do something to draw attention to yourself. That itself doesn't happen often if you have taken over all the Templar Dens already anyway because then you barely see any Templars at all as it's basically all Ottomans about, an they don't even bother you anyway unless you actively do something bad in front of them.

Infact it's happened so infrequently that i'm actively trying to draw attention to myself in order to get the Tower Defense game started... one of the Assassin's Guild challenges is to win 3 of them, so i'll do that and never bother with it ever again.

So far other than that horrendous mini-game i have absolutely no complaints... it's fantastic.

A few things that have annoyed me a little;

They've changed a lot of the icons. Most things are square now.

Everything has a black background, rather than white. Even the mini map.

Desmond sequences; I don't like them. I don't like his little friend, I don't like Desmond's face and I don't like that stupid little island.

Den Defence. Way to go, Ubisoft. Double Fine didn't do too well with putting Stage battles in Brutal Legend, so why did you feel the need to do this?

Ezio. That is most certainly not Ezio. It's a monkey with a beard.

I've taken to calling the city Constantine because it takes ages to say. But, Roma; Now that was easy.

I'm completely dissatisfied with multiplayer. You can't custom search for game types like in Brotherhood and the game sometimes never gives me any targets to kill and for 10 minutes I went without getting killed or receiving any points even though I got awards for hiding. Why did they ruin a perfectly made matchmaking system?

at the begining of the game when you're climbing what looks like a church you have to pull yourself up from an overhang. fine and dandy but everytime i got to the top i would just be turned around and jump off. happened 20 times with every button combo including not pushing anything.

Are you sure? I sat in the custom match lobby for 5 minutes and nothing was found. I was figuring custom match was a private session.

There's private match too but that's something else, if you pick custom match then either free for all or team objectives you should be able to connect to games you choose, I was using it all today to just do team manhunts. You have to choose your types on the left then press launch, usually only takes a few seconds to find one.

The only problem I have is that the new features (Bomb making, Den Defence) are a step back in gameplay. I don't like them at all.

I totally agree. I hate the fucking bombs so much. I also really hate the den defense. I don't know how to control anything and there are NO instructions. It's a MAJOR step back in gameplay. Better have a damn good story line.