Worth buying?

It's definitely more of the same, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

There are some new features of course. Constantinople is a pretty cool location and there are some new types of missions - specifically bomb missions. There's a tower-defense style mini game that I thought was fun but most people hated, some weird block puzzles for Desmond, and of course, progression on the story (albeit a weak portion).

Other than that it's pretty similar to Brotherhood. Might not be worth the price you listed, but if you find it cheaper, I'd say go for it if you liked the other games.

Asking this on a forum dedicated to the game, well... chance is that you get positive feedback. Why else would people be here?

Anyway, if you're a completionist, go for the Ottoman Edition, I got it on a deal cheaper than the base game.

As for is it good, of course it is. It didn't get better than Brotherhood, though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

it's hard to say really because it is all based on opinion. my personal opinon: 1, was a good game but way too repetative. 2, i liked a lot one of my favorite games. Brotherhood was on par with 2 for me, i appreciated some of the new machanics and overall additions, it felt more open to me - less restricting. Revelations, i don't know... i'm having fun with it, but not as much as i was having with 2 or brotherhood. i wasn't a big fan of the tower defense side games, and the incorperation of bombs made it feel way too easy. i usually choose not to use them because of this. if i didn't care so much about the story line and where everything was going i'd proably give up on Revalations. if you weren't a big fan of the other games you may like Revelations less, but who knows. just my opinion.

• 2 months later...

First off, for fans of the series it was a nice filler while we waited for the 3rd installment. Secondly, if you plan on going for 1000/1000 don't even put the game in. The multiplayer is hit and miss, and the DLC online Cheevs are a joke. If you aren't OCD like me and prefer to see a game in the "completed section," have at it.

-Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Hard to say I think the game sucked. Loved the first 3,have yet to play AC3. Only thing I liked about this one was the last 2 missions,and the Altair moments. If you can find for less then 30$ get it,but that might be awhile as this game is still 30$ everywere. Hated the puzzles with Desmond they are the worst puzzles in a game ever,also the Tower defense games sucked however the Borgia towers from Brotherhood were way better. Hated the whole takeover other citys by using assassins were as in Brotherhood you just sent assassins on missions to level up them. I was scared to kill guards on roofs in case they attacked my citys which was annoying. This game got boring fast,thats a first for me in AC. The combat was so much better in AC II and Brotherhood,they made it harder like in AC I thats a bad thing I wanna feel as a badass cause I'm a grandmaster assassin after all.

Over all I give this game a 7.5/10 they added too much to it and the whole game felt ''Cash in game'' to me it felt unnessary. They should have just added Altair DLC missions from the game to put in Brotherhood and forgot Revelations. Also hated playing as 65 year old Ezio jumping rooftops,didn't feel right.

Edited by Deadsea 1993

Hard to say I think the game sucked. Loved the first 3,have yet to play AC3. Only thing I liked about this one was the last 2 missions,and the Altair moments. If you can find for less then 30$ get it,but that might be awhile as this game is still 30$ everywere. Hated the puzzles with Desmond they are the worst puzzles in a game ever,also the Tower defense games sucked however the Borgia towers from Brotherhood were way better. Hated the whole takeover other citys by using assassins were as in Brotherhood you just sent assassins on missions to level up them. I was scared to kill guards on roofs in case they attacked my citys which was annoying. This game got boring fast,thats a first for me in AC. The combat was so much better in AC II and Brotherhood,they made it harder like in AC I thats a bad thing I wanna feel as a badass cause I'm a grandmaster assassin after all.

Over all I give this game a 7.5/10 they added too much to it and the whole game felt ''Cash in game'' to me it felt unnessary. They should have just added Altair DLC missions from the game to put in Brotherhood and forgot Revelations. Also hated playing as 65 year old Ezio jumping rooftops,didn't feel right.

You say it sucked, but rated it a 7.5

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Assassins Creed Revelations is under $20 now at-least through Amazon. Worth buying for sure if you've played the rest of the Assassins games as it brings an end to the stories of Altair and Desmond. Although it's not my favor by any means, like a lot of people said it's kind of a filler for AC III.

If your going for 100% completion though it might be difficulty due to an achievement requiring you to play all game modes and if you're searching for a few of these game modes within 5 seconds it'll say no results for your game mode and throw you into the only 3 modes people play apparently. Unless bought new you'll receive a 3 day trial but fear not, most online achievements can be gained simply through playing. I'm currently at level 7 already with an hour or so playing time and I suck and haven't touched Brotherhood's multiplayer yet.

You can easily get 800+ and if you've played the other Assassins game for $20 or less it's worth the money.

• 3 weeks later...