NYM Hardcore Finished!

BiggD

I know there's no need to make a thread for this, however I'm just really excited that I finally completed NYMH Mode. It only took me 3 tries and it honestly feels as though a huge burden is lifted from my shoulders cause now I can relax knowing Max Payne is finally complete :)

If you have any questions about the mode, just post below!!

I got one. How fast was your heart beating near the end fighting Becker knowing that one little nade can insta-dead you? Also how shaky were your hands at the plane part and after beating it? :p

I wish I could try but I gave up on this game. I can't even beat regular NYM so yea... also I hate the MP so I won't be completing this game.

I got one. How fast was your heart beating near the end fighting Becker knowing that one little nade can insta-dead you? Also how shaky were your hands at the plane part and after beating it? :p

The amount of adrenaline pumping through my body at Becker's fight was unbelievable dude. However I had 8 painkillers at this point and hadn't failed on the fight on NYM Mode so it was a piece of cake.

Surprisingly, on my first two runs I failed on Chap. 4.2 on the rooftops cause I ran outta ammo and then again on Chap. 6.2 because I rushed it :mad:

I breezed through disc two without any problems and I'm not sure how on Earth I did it lol. The APC Tank on Chap. 13 scared the shit outta me though!

I say try and finish up NYM at least man! The story is really entertaining and the more and more you practice the levels, it becomes routine. As for the multiplayer, I gave up on it too. Got boring after like 2 months :/

Wow congratulations! I am not doing this achievement. Ever. I die all the time and I know I would be one of those people who dies at Chapter 14 during the Becker fight. That would be so frustrating.

Thanks man! It's a pain in fucking ass but Chapter 14 isn't as bad as you would think. If you have at least 4 painkillers by Becker's fight, it should be pretty easy! Thank God I didn't die on Disc 2 cause I probably would have destroyed my Xbox, computer, controller, house and everyone :mad:

Edited by BiggD

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/27246549.jpg

Even with all of that after 7 tries, i got it. Can't say anything that intense or adrenaline rush in gaming would match what i went through in MP3.

EDIT: Also, talking about NYM HC doesn't become complete without this...

[ame=

]
[/ame] Edited by ll X ll

Even with all of that after 7 tries, i got it. Can't say anything that intense or adrenaline rush in gaming would match what i went through in MP3.

:eek: omfg! dude was that video of your playthrough? if so I feel terrible that something like that would happen but I gotta be honest and say I laughed my fucking ass off...only because the commentator said "that happened 3 times" LOL! if that happened to me 4 times I would just start hysterically laughing at that point lolol.

I wish I recorded it but something similar happened to me. It was Chap. 13 as well towards the end. Some douche UFE dude shot me down and as I was going into last stand, my camera started to rotate to the right even though the guy who shot me (and the only guy in the fucking room) was to my left. the fucking controls nearly fucked up my 3.5 hour run!!!

I honestly thought NYM was waaaayyy harder then NYMHC, had a huge ammo and time problem, but you will get! I pooped my pants when I saw that BLEEP. Keep at it guys!

I actually will agree with you. Hardcore was easier with the time stacking each level. The only problem I ever faced on each mode was ammo cause even though I used BulletTime a lot, I waste alotta ammo lol.

Nope. Just some dude who was recording + streaming his playthrough of NYM: HC.

damn, I feel bad for him but at the same time...I don't see how someone can make the same mistake 3 times at the same section near the end of the campaign lolol!

Total respect, I have no idea how anyone can do it. I find the game so hard and die all the time just playing through the normal game, it's taking me forever!

don't give up man! when I first played the game on Medium I died like 100 times! all it takes is practice of knowing where the painkillers and general enemy locations are! :)

NYM:HC isn't hard at all if you already know the spawn points and pain killers locations. The hardest chapter IMO is chapter 11 where those guys drive up right beside the boat. Once you pass chapter 8 you pretty much got the achievement.

I took a picture after I completed it.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2r2btbb.jpg

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/27246549.jpg

Why in the hell was that guy using the LAW?! The grenade launcher is way better of use than that, plus it holds more ammo. I've never died on that part. I try to conserve the ammo all the way up to the part with the armored guy in the office, just before those guys jump through the window. The only downfall though is when you're in last stand with the grenade launcher, you're pretty much dead.

The hardest chapter IMO is chapter 11 where those guys drive up right beside the boat.

I feel you man, I had no problem on disc two at all. The only parts that were nerve wrecking were the section you mentioned and the APC tank in Chap. 13, other than that disc two went smoothly. and yeah that guy is pretty unintelligent for bringing the LAW with him to the control room.

I swear after playing NYM:HC my aiming has sped up for headshots. I play it for fun now and it's so simple. I got another buddy trying to do the same thing and is having a hard time, I just sit back and laugh at him cause he claims he's better than me.. right. Lol.

I feel you man, I had no problem on disc two at all. The only parts that were nerve wrecking were the section you mentioned and the APC tank in Chap. 13, other than that disc two went smoothly. and yeah that guy is pretty unintelligent for bringing the LAW with him to the control room.

Yeah it's a bitch! I always ended up dying at that part. Not even at that part too, it's that level! I'd get pass that part and then hit shootdodge and fly right off the boat. Lol. That chapter is not shootdodge friendly, try to stay away from the edges cause you can easily fall off. You know some times that damn tank actually hits you even in cover, it happened to me at least 2x.

Edited by Bman409

That chapter is not shootdodge friendly...You know some times that damn tank actually hits you even in cover, it happened to me at least 2x.

oh trust me, I avoided shootdodge in that level completely because of that reason. I have never fallen off the edges but that must be quite the way to die :p and wtf, I know! it has killed me behind cover on my Old School run, it's bullshit. I nearly timed it terribly wrong when it pauses to reload and went to late; woulda pissed my pants if I died there!

oh trust me, I avoided shootdodge in that level completely because of that reason. I have never fallen off the edges but that must be quite the way to die :p and wtf, I know! it has killed me behind cover on my Old School run, it's bullshit. I nearly timed it terribly wrong when it pauses to reload and went to late; woulda pissed my pants if I died there!

It happened to me when I was doing the NYM:HC run, I had a shitload of time too and that simple mistake fucked me over. When it did happen I just sat in bullet-time the whole time til I fell into the water. I got pissed after that and didn't play for at least 2 days.