No Child Left Behind Inquiry

Hey guys,

I finished the game last night and i'm planning my 2nd play through to get this achievement plus a few others i missed. My question is what do you think would be the best/easiest class/build to go with to get this achievement. I read somewhere about a mage build that would be OP but i can't seem to find it anywhere.

Any advice would be great

Thanks in advance,

Hey guys,

I finished the game last night and i'm planning my 2nd play through to get this achievement plus a few others i missed. My question is what do you think would be the best/easiest class/build to go with to get this achievement. I read somewhere about a mage build that would be OP but i can't seem to find it anywhere.

Any advice would be great

Thanks in advance,

The mage class partnered with butters. There is a patch that gives you 2 pp per fire damage. Once you max out the first special move with the mage you do fire damage to a whole role. Even if you're up against one person, you still will get 12 pp just for using the move combined with the patch.

You should also get the patch that gives you two PP per time you get healed. Every time Butters heals you you get another 6 PP. So that is 18 PP per rotation.

The mage also has a pretty powerful last attack. Oh, also beat the Mongolian tower as soon as you can because that bow is amazing early on. Fire damage helps a lot throughout the game.

Your partner can get knocked out in DURING battle, just revive him before it's over. And if you accidently finish a battle with your partner down like I did, just reload the nearest auto save checkpoint.

You could also combine that "everytime" you get healed patch with a patch that increases how much you heal everytime you heal and a leach patch that regains health per hit making Dragons breath refill almost a full health bar, and regaining more PP than cost when you use it. You can just use that one ability through the entire game and not worry about much. This would leave you free to sell most health/power/mana potions and stay fully stocked on revive items "just" in case, or use Kenny the whole time, as he has an auto-revive ability you could utilize. As long as he has some HP when the fight ends, it doesn't matter how many times he actually gets KO'd.

Edited by Midnight Malice

I played Mage first time around and Jew the second.

Neither was more powerful, but the Jew's 4th magic ability inflicts most of the status effects (bleeding/fire/gross-out/ability down) in one attack whereas the Mage just sets things on fire mostly... giving the slight edge to the Jew in my opinion for bosses that may be immune to the different statuses.

The easiest thing to do to is stack bleeding and fire and speed potions together. It will make all your fights two turns long as the damage from 5x bleeding + fire is enough to kill basically anything but a boss after it's taken its turn. I would elect to use a weapon 5 levels lower than me just to have both bleeding and fire on it and mindlessly spam it on bosses - often the enemies would have armor or whatever that would negate the hits but the status effects would still do massive damage.

Then for the buddies I actually found Jimmy and Stan to be really helpful. Jimmy could give you PP and his lullaby puts a lot of enemies to sleep that you wouldn't think you could (disallowing them a turn and speeding up the fight), and Stan has a really decent normal attack for later in the game when you unlock your fourth ability and don't really need a buddy. The other buddies are decent, and have some great abilities, but their attacks take too long and time is valuable.

My second play-through took 9 hours doing all the quests, getting this achievement and all the gear. You could probably do it in 7 or less if you were trying for a 100% speedrun and were quick about it.

Edited by The Nerevarine

I did this in one playthrough using the Jew class. Just stock up on Revive Tacos, and use Rebirth patches whenever possible. I accidentally won a few battles with my buddy down, in that case just load up the last save. The autosave does a pretty good job of saving before major checkpoints, but if you're paranoid just make constant manual saves.

I just started my third playthru this afternoon with the mage, but for my second playthru that I worked on this, I used the thief, and it was pretty easy. Their stun move applies to the back row (as opposed to the mage's front row), so I was able to stun and heavily damage the guys in the back (archers, healers and most of the bosses) while my buddy got thru the front. On top of that, with the move, not only does the thief stun the person he's attacking, but also steals an item, which is nice when it ends up being a potion gained mid-battle (although junk is effectively extra cash for later)).

Use whatever class you want. I beat the game to 100% and got all the achievements in one playthrough with the Thief class (except the Jew specific achievement) and it only took me 8 1/2 hours. It was my second playthrough so I knew where everything was but it really isn't that hard. Just keep revive potions in your inventory. The game throws so many healing and revive potions at you I didn't even need to buy any the whole game and still had a ton left over.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...