Achievement Guide and Roadmap

BiggD

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/7486/crimson1.png

Overview

- Estimated achievement difficulty: 5/10

- Offline: 0/8 (Cannot be obtained in Custom Matches/Spartan Ops)

- Online: 8/8 (250:gsicon:)

- Approximate amount of time to 250:gsicon:: 1-4 Hours Depending on Skill/Luck/Boosting

- Number of missable achievements: None

- Glitchy achievements: Special Delivery, ODST

- Unobtainable achievements: None

- Extra equipment needed?: Extra Controller(s) (Optional)

Introduction

Welcome Spartans. The Crimson Map Pack throws us into the Infinity War Games with three brand new locations to battle our opponents. First, we will encounter the beautiful and agricultural planet of Harvest, where the Humans first encountered the Covenant. Next, we will find ourselves surrounded by a ravaged environment of crashed debris within Wreckage. Last but not least, Shatter places us within the crystalline mining surfaces of a large UNSC factory. Along with three new locations, 343Industries has presented us with a new gametype called Extraction, in which two teams of 5 battle towards extracting significant assets from various sites around the battlefield. After successfully defending/infiltrating a specific site, the team is awarded with a point. The first team to five points wins the match. I hope to see you all on the battlefield!

Step 1 - Multiplayer:

All eight achievements are tied to the WarGames matchmaking of Halo 4 and cannot be obtained through Custom Games or Spartan Ops. You can boost these achievements if you have a full party of 12 players. If any players have multiple controllers, make sure they plug them in for the use of a guest account.

*Please be aware that ALL GUEST ACCOUNTS MUST GET AT LEAST 2 KILLS during every match in order to prevent your main account from being banned due to 'unfair gameplay.'

It is important to understand where certain weapons and vehicles are located in the three new maps: Man Cannons can be located only on Wreckage, Warthogs can be found on Harvest and Wreckage, Mantis Mechs are exclusive to Shatter, and Machine Gun Turrets can be found on Shatter.

With this said, take note that Bigfoot, David & Goliath, and Pump Yer Breaks can only be obtained on Shatter. Now They Fly can be obtained on both Harvest and Wreckage, depending on which method you prefer using (both methods can be found below). Clay Pigeon and Special Delivery can only be obtained on Wreckage, although it has been said that Gravity Lifts will act as the Man Cannon requirement for these two achievements. Lastly, ODST can be obtained on any map, despite its description saying a Man Cannon is required.

Thanks to MixMaker117, we have a short video that details the requirements and methods that can be used while going for all eight achievements.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHmonuZkz9U&feature=player_embedded]Halo 4 Achievement Guide: Crimson Map Pack Achievements - YouTube[/ame]

Conclusion:

Overall, the Crimson DLC brings players three new Multiplayer maps and a brand new game type. Harvest is a medium sized map that is most enjoyable during objective matches such as Capture The Flag and King of the Hill. Wreckage is another medium sized map that hosts a variety game types and vehicles. Lastly, Shatter is a large-scale map that houses the infamous Mantis Mech, and is best played during Extraction and Capture the Flag. All eight achievements can be obtained with a full 12-player lobby, but MUST be done online under the Crimson DLC Playlist in WarGames.

- Credit to MixMaker117 and Gheuh2 for videos.

- This Guide is for the use of x360a only.

Edited by BiggD

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51.png Now They Fly? 50:gsicon:

In Crimson DLC Matchmaking, get a kill while airborne in a Warthog.

Simply score a kill on an enemy Spartan while you are airborne in the Warthog. While there are a few methods in obtaining this, the BEST/EASIEST method would be to drive the Warthog off a ramp or Man Cannon and splatter someone as you are landing.

Alternative method: Hop into the passenger seat of a Warthog with a Rocket Launcher. When your driver accelerates off a jump or Man Cannon, be ready to blast away any enemy Spartans while in mid-air. Man Cannons can be found on 'Wreckage', while multiple 'rock-ramps' can be located on ‘Harvest.’

Alternative method: If an enemy is driving the Warthog, jump into the passenger seat if it's free. While in the seat, you can melee the driver and get a kill. It will take two melee hits to kill them. Hopefully they'll hit a jump, which can let you melee once before the launch and another while mid-air (Thanks to Nozza for this tip!).

52.png Size Is Everything 20:gsicon:

In Crimson DLC Matchmaking, kill 20 enemies with a detached Machine Gun Turret.

To operate a Mounted Machine Gun Turret, hold :xbut: to operate it, then :rbbut: to detach it. Now kill any enemy Spartans that you see. The Turret has plenty of ammo so you should be able to get several kills within a single match. If you destroy an enemy-occupied vehicle with the turret, it will count as two kills. Take note that the Machine Gun Turrets are located on the center structure on 'Shatter' and they respawn rather quickly. The achievement is cumulative and will unlock once you have obtained your 20th kill.

53.png ODST 30:gsicon:

In Crimson DLC Matchmaking, kill a player while you're airborne from using a Man Cannon.

Take note that this achievement is extremely buggy and has been randomly unlocking for many. Launch yourself off any Man Cannon and kill an enemy player while you are still in the air. Use a precision-based weapon for an accurate kill. There are a few alternate methods you can use to obtain this achievement:

Alternative method: Plasma-stick an enemy while you are Jetpacking and when either of you die, the achievement will unlock (Thanks to Lemons for this method).

Alternative method: Rocket or Plasma-stick a Ghost/Warthog while jumping (Thanks to Gheuh & Fechdog).

Alternative method: As an enemy is about to enter the Man Cannon, stick them with a Plasma Grenade and follow them through the Cannon. They will die while you're both in the air and you will also get 'Clay Pigeon.'

55.png Bigfoot 20:gsicon:

In Crimson DLC Matchmaking, kill 20 enemies using the Mantis' stomp attack.

Simply kill 20 enemies with the Mantis’ stomp feature. This attack uses the same button as your Spartan melee attack (:rbbut:). The stomp move can be useful in emergencies, but the animation is somewhat long, and you cannot move while using it. Rather than using the Mantis aggressively in the battlefield, hang back and have your allies cover you on foot. They can weaken and lure in any enemies, leaving them fully vulnerable to a devastating stomp attack. This achievement is cumulative and will unlock once you have stomped the 20th enemy.

56.png David and Goliath 20:gsicon:

In Crimson DLC Matchmaking, board an enemy Mantis.

Add the Plasma Pistol to any of your loadouts and you will be guaranteed an easy 20:gsicon:. When you spot an enemy-occupied Mantis, charge up the Plasma Pistol and shoot the EMP bolt at the Mech. It’s highly suggested that you EMP the Mech from the behind for a safer and more direct boarding attempt. Once the vehicle is downed and recharging, make a quick dash towards the back of the Mantis and hold :xbut: to board it. The achievement will unlock once you have successfully boarded the Mantis.

*Be sure to follow through with a grenade plant in order to obtain the 'Pump Yer Breaks' achievement.

58.png Clay Pigeon 40:gsicon:

In Crimson DLC Matchmaking, shoot an enemy out of the air while they use the Man Cannon.

The DMR is the most reliable weapon for this achievement due to its great accuracy and stopping power. Be on a constant lookout for airborne enemies in 'Wreckage' and once you see an enemy has launched off a Man Cannon, pick them off with the DMR. The achievement will pop as soon as you kill them.

59.png Special Delivery 30:gsicon:

In Crimson DLC Matchmaking, kill an enemy with a melee attack when landing from a Man Cannon.

This achievement has also been reported to be extremely buggy. Many have said that you can use Gravity Lifts on 'Harvest' and 'Shatter' in place of Man Cannons. to be safe, use either of the Man Cannons located on 'Wreckage' and hopefully an enemy will be on top of the hill where you are about to land. Shoot them a couple times to weaken their shields and right before you land, be sure to finish with a melee attack.

Gheuh2 has provided us with a video of Method #2:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP2RL12z3BY]www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP2RL12z3BY[/ame]

57.png Pump Yer Brakes 40 :gsicon:

In Crimson DLC Matchmaking, score the killing blow on a Mantis.

The Spartan Laser, Plasma Pistol, and Plasma Grenade are essential tools for this achievement.

"Score the killing blow" translates to, "Obtain a vehicle destroyed medal on the Mantis."

• The Spartan Laser can be used to get a ranged kill on the Mantis.
  • EMP Overcharge the Mantis and stick it with two Plasma Grenades.
  • The Mantis can be boarded (only from behind) and instant-killed with a single Grenade plant.

Overall, remember the weaknesses of the Mantis:

• Slow movement & turn speed/long cooldown and reload times for weapons
  • Long shield recharge time/very vulnerable when the shield is down

Once you have destroyed the Mantis, the achievement will unlock.

Edited by BiggD

I hope some of these can be done in Spartan Ops and not Matchmaking.

If you read the achievement descriptions closely, you'll notice that a few have players and others have enemies in the descriptions. My theory is you can get the enemy killing ones in Spartan Ops also. Keep in mind this is a theory and it might not actually work when the DLC comes out.

They Mantis ones are going to suck if needed to be done in Matchmaking. That thing is already contested over so much let alone for cheivos now.

For the Man-Cannon melee one I recommend Haven. There's often times people on the top of those lifts so you just need to shoot at them while flying then finish with melee.

For the Man-Cannon melee one I recommend Haven. There's often times people on the top of those lifts so you just need to shoot at them while flying then finish with melee.

I highly doubt the achievements will be tied to the new maps, so if this is the case, Haven will definitely be the best map to obtain 'Special Delivery.' Once the DLC has been released, I'll edit the description with confirmation on whether or not the achievements are obtainable on the standard maps.

An option for ODST would be a variant of your first idea for Special Delivery.

As the enemy is about to go through the man cannon stick them with a plamsa grenade and follow them through.

They'll die while you're both in the air.

Going even further, if you can manage to stick a person while in the passenger seat of a Warthog and take a man cannon (Ragnarok for instance) then you'll net both the airborne Warthog and man cannon ones. One more if they try to follow you. But that's assuming a lot and anyone who drives the Warthog up into the bases shouldn't have a right to drive in the first place.

An option for ODST would be a variant of your first idea for Special Delivery:

-> As the enemy is about to go through the man cannon stick them with a plamsa grenade and follow them through. They'll die while you're both in the air.

Going even further, if you can manage to stick a person while in the passenger seat of a Warthog and take a man cannon (Ragnarok for instance) then you'll net both the airborne Warthog and man cannon ones. One more if they try to follow you. But that's assuming a lot and anyone who drives the Warthog up into the bases shouldn't have a right to drive in the first place.

Thanks guys. I will add both methods to the Guide.

Edited by BiggD

Shatter looks the map for most of these, its got mantis's (not sure on the plural term ;) ). Harvest has neat looking hog jumps for that midflight hog kill cheevo.

None look so hard, but hey if nobody gives you the chance to pull these off it can be frustrating. Clay Pigeon my kinda cheevo love pulling the finger on the sniper or binary rifle when guys launch from cannons.

Edited by theNomad

Nice work in progress! Knowing the maps with Man Cannons and Mantises is quite useful. I would suggest adding maps with Warthogs. I'm afraid I don't play War Games enough to know the answer myself.

Thanks man! And I've added your suggestions, good thinking for the Warthogs.

59.png Special Delivery 30:gsicon:

Kill an enemy with a melee attack when landing from a Man Cannon.

I’m all ears for any awesome strategies on obtaining this, but for now, it’s safe to assume that there’s only two decent ways in getting this done:

• Active Camo-Crouch right near the entrance of a Man Cannon hoping that an enemy approaches the Man Cannon and hasn’t noticed you sitting there. Wait for them to use the Cannon, and quickly follow behind them. As soon as you both land, do not hesitate whatsoever to Assassinate them.
  • Use the Man Cannon every so often during a match and hopefully an enemy will be right at the base of the landing area, unaware of your arrival. This surprise attack can allow you time to pop some shots into them, strip their shields away, and finish with a brutal beatdown once you land.

Any other methods on obtaining this achievement are welcomed.

One tiny thing here. I'm fairly certain that (for some insane reason) Assassinations no longer count as Melee attacks in Halo 4. They're not included in the CQC section of Medals. In fact, I'd personally be worried about this one requiring a Melee medal and not counting Beatdown either. But I suppose this will need confirmation tomorrow.

One tiny thing here. I'm fairly certain that (for some insane reason) Assassinations no longer count as Melee attacks in Halo 4. They're not included in the CQC section of Medals. In fact, I'd personally be worried about this one requiring a Melee medal and not counting Beatdown either. But I suppose this will need confirmation tomorrow.

Damnit...I think you're right dude. Well, for now, I'll leave the method as is, but if anything changes or anyone can confirm Assassinations do not work, I will definitely change it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

To anyone who views this guide/reads this comment in the next 18 hours:

I personally will not be able to test out the Achievements tomorrow during the day due to work. If the community is able to post in this guide in regards to the confirmation behind the achievements' availability in Custom Games/Spartan Ops/Non-DLC Maps, I would greatly appreciate it and so would the rest of the community.

I will edit their confirmation once I have heard word from the community.

To anyone who views this guide/reads this comment in the next 18 hours:

I personally will not be able to test out the Achievements tomorrow during the day due to work. If the community is able to post in this guide in regards to the confirmation behind the achievements' availability in Custom Games/Spartan Ops/Non-DLC Maps, I would greatly appreciate it and so would the rest of the community.

I will edit their confirmation once I have heard word from the community.

if anyone is on tonight I'll do them in like 3 hours time and report back to you

So it's definitely been confirmed that this DLC must be done in matchmaking and on the actualy DLC maps? Ugh, I was afraid of this. A few of these I think I could get legit, but there's a few that unless I boost them I don't know if or when I will ever get them.