Please post here if you have been console banned in the past few days

imatt B4M

So today I turn on my xbox to see I have been console banned. I call MS and no help, went to the forums and no answer. So I went on google to see if I can find anything and I see that in the past few days a very lot of people have been console banned. So now I am wondering if anyone here is feeling my pain of getting a console ban. I feel as though something is weird with so many being console banned at once.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But what do console bans mean? Why would someone get a console ban? They'd have to something pretty serious to get one, right? (Sorry, I'm not too well informed when it comes to these kinds of things >.<)

It means you can't use your console to connect to xboxlive, you can get these if you mod your xbox or do stuff prohibited in the xbox tos.

But what do console bans mean? Why would someone get a console ban? They'd have to something pretty serious to get one, right? (Sorry, I'm not too well informed when it comes to these kinds of things >.<)

It could be modded controllers, modded xbox, flashed xbox, J-Tag, modding gamerscore, cheating in anyway, repeated offences, etc.

Yea I guess I did something idk what it was but if they feel as though I deserve to be console banned then I guess they are right haha. And I never knew they did it in waves that is why I thought it was weird to see so many bans

Can you still play games offline? It would be a bit pointless to do a console ban for playing games illegally.

I'm not accusing you of anything, but how did you get the Resurrection map pack of Black Ops? Apparently there was some way of getting it from the market place without paying or buying the prestige/hardened edition and MS is now banning those consoles for stealing from the marketplace.

Edited by CovertDog

I'm not accusing you of anything, but how did you get the Resurrection map pack of Black Ops? Apparently there was some way of getting it from the market place without paying or buying the prestige/hardened edition and MS is now banning those consoles stealing from the marketplace.

ahh...the truth surfaces...M$ always catches you.

ahh...the truth surfaces...M$ always catches you.

After I posted that I did some more reading and it could be for just sharing of the DLC to. It has to be something obscure though and not something obvious like modding that this wave hit. I do think alot of these people don't know why and they are saying they were told it was from Marketplace theft. I think I'm going to delete my DLC from my old 360 that my son uses though. He has been able to use it and I don't want him or me to be accused of "stealing" it.

If your console gets banned, but not your tag, it must be that they don't want you to use the console and the stuff downloaded to it right? Getting your tag banned must mean you did something really, really bad I guess.

I've used games my friends downloaded with their tag to my Xbox plenty of times. I might be next.... :(

I'm not accusing you of anything, but how did you get the Resurrection map pack of Black Ops? Apparently there was some way of getting it from the market place without paying or buying the prestige/hardened edition and MS is now banning those consoles for stealing from the marketplace.

I downloaded it from the marketplace for 1200msp

If your console gets banned, but not your tag, it must be that they don't want you to use the console and the stuff downloaded to it right? Getting your tag banned must mean you did something really, really bad I guess.

I've used games my friends downloaded with their tag to my Xbox plenty of times. I might be next.... :(

Banned consoles are from console mods like flashed drives or jtag. They are banned because they don't want people to play pirated games or use hacks in games. Banned GT is from modded GS(Which usually is only just a reset but enough times can get your GT banned) or other rules you've might of broken on that tag will get your GT banned.

Anyone who got banned had reason to get banned. They have to obtain quite a bit of proof before they can do a console ban on you. So if you want to know the reason, read the terms and see what you did wrong. Like someone posted above, there are loads of reasons you can get a ban.

I'm calling BS on this one. I know of so many people including myself who did nothing wrong. Did not mod, cheat or do anything to break the TOS and have been banned

After I posted that I did some more reading and it could be for just sharing of the DLC to. It has to be something obscure though and not something obvious like modding that this wave hit. I do think alot of these people don't know why and they are saying they were told it was from Marketplace theft. I think I'm going to delete my DLC from my old 360 that my son uses though. He has been able to use it and I don't want him or me to be accused of "stealing" it.

Reading this actually worries me a little. Is this a straight up console ban for this sort of thing?

I will explain my situation and I would like some advice if anyone can give me some.

Both myself and my step-son own an xbox 360. I have a slim and he has an elite. Where I play is close to the modem but he plays in his room. Because of this in the past we traded xbox consoles since our Ethernet cable would not stretch from his room to the modem.

Obviously I did a content license transfer since I have over 30 arcade games and a ton of DLC that I wanted to continue playing. For his birthday we bought him a wireless network adapter and then swapped consoles back.

Does anyone have any idea whether this could warrant an issue of a console ban for us both and if so is there anything I should or can do to avoid this from happening?

It is my understanding that people who have been issued a console banned are not being told specific details why which leaves them unable to defend themselves against the allegations that they have done something wrong.

As far as I know, I have used the Content License Transfer tool as it was designed to be used and should not be banned but I do not know how Microsoft would be able to see specific circumstances to know whether people are sharing content with friends or using it legitimately.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The people who "share" DLC *wink, wink* get a profile ban and not a console ban. Console bans play in if they have modified the console in any way that Microsoft shuns. Microsoft have been banning people based on failed AP 2.5 checks lately / old console flags / etc, well thats what people are saying. For the people getting profile banned, they were caught using other means to play Arcade titles/DLC/Games on Demand/ etc for free. Why the ban comes with a "You were banned for Marketplace Theft".

The people who "share" DLC *wink, wink* get a profile ban and not a console ban. Console bans play in if they have modified the console in any way that Microsoft shuns. Microsoft have been banning people based on failed AP 2.5 checks lately / old console flags / etc, well thats what people are saying. For the people getting profile banned, they were caught using other means to play Arcade titles/DLC/Games on Demand/ etc for free. Why the ban comes with a "You were banned for Marketplace Theft".

People can also get console bans if they have multiple repeated offences which would normally only result in a profile ban.

ok well that sort of makes me feel better as I have never had any previous bans or anything like that and I do not mod my console or any of that crap. If I only recieve a profile ban then I at least would be able to appeal it since they do tell you why and give you responses on the forums. Hopefully it does not come to that though.

All this "I never did nothing honest" (not aimed at the op) makes me paranoid, I have an old white xbox I use now and again its rigged up to the TV, the thing is I can play dlc on both, in fact some of it is bought using the old xbox and some (the newer stuff) is bought on my new black slim xbox.

My white one red ringed ages ago and MS send me a new one out but I never did the transfer thing for a while and I just did it for my black xbox transfering all licenses to the new one recently.

pulled a battery out my controler and checked the white xbox but ofc its ok, I just think it must be easy for MS to make a mistake sometimes.