Beat It Dance Detection

good luck man, keep us posted..im so angry right now i cant even see straight..miss' in spots i've been given perfect a thousand times, smooth is hassling me too.

I tried again and GOT IT! 5 Stars! They key is to watch the cards, but not all the time. Like TanyaSpace said earlier. I noticed inconsistencies at a few different points in the song, but the BIGGEST was during Chorus 4 towards the end. I still got a few misses, but not nearly as much as usual thus I was able to keep my multiplier longer and that's what did it.

Smooth Criminal is a problem too. I don't have the stamina to takle that beast quite yet. Working on Workin' Day and Night currently. Good lord this one is giving me issues....

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried again and GOT IT! 5 Stars! They key is to watch the cards, but not all the time. Like TanyaSpace said earlier. I noticed inconsistencies at a few different points in the song, but the BIGGEST was during Chorus 4 towards the end. I still got a few misses, but not nearly as much as usual thus I was able to keep my multiplier longer and that's what did it.

Smooth Criminal is a problem too. I don't have the stamina to takle that beast quite yet. Working on Workin' Day and Night currently. Good lord this one is giving me issues....

ok you say the key is to watch the cards, when are you "hitting" the move, at the "1" (4321) or the zero or somewhere else, in short can you answer your own previous question ? many thanx in advance, smooth i get 3 miss' all the time, the rest is a peace of cake, those 3 prevent 5 stars.

ok you say the key is to watch the cards, when are you "hitting" the move, at the "1" (4321) or the zero or somewhere else, in short can you answer your own previous question ? many thanx in advance, smooth i get 3 miss' all the time, the rest is a peace of cake, those 3 prevent 5 stars.

Sorry I didn't go into further detail. I was still excited from actually getting the 5 stars finally on that song. What I did was wait until the Card moved to the "current card" position. So NOT at "1". This is what enabled me to keep the multiplier going to get 5 stars. I wasn't getting "Perfects" on those previously always missed moves, but I was getting at least "Ok" or "Good".

alright still not getting it just right, i ironed out the bugs before that section..finally..i raised my high score..finally..still lots of miss' & almosts at the end.. it looks like im missing the exact moment, going back to tanyas thought of go withthe music in last half & screw the cards.. its not like I haven't done this stoopid song 100 times now, if it works i'll put my 2 dollor explanation in, perhaps between all of us, we can help out all the other folks being tortured by beat it

Edited by Satman9

alright still not getting it just right, i ironed out the bugs before that section..finally..i raised my high score..finally..still lots of miss' & almosts at the end.. it looks like im missing the exact moment, going back to tanyas thought of go withthe music in last half & screw the cards.. its not like I haven't done this stoopid song 100 times now, if it works i'll put my 2 dollor explanation in, perhaps between all of us, we can help out all the other folks being tortured by beat it

Well said, hopefully this will help others trying to get 5 Stars. I find it ironic that the song is called "Beat It" as I always feel like it was "Beating" the #$!* out of me!

It very simply does not matter, I still dont understand "right on the card change" it does not work for me..tried going by the music..nothing.. it still gives miss' in the exact same spot EVERY SINGLE TIME...please someone tell me what I'm doing wrong..I swear I will never buy another Ubi game as long as I live, & if I do it will be used so they get no money...please help..beyond frustrated here

Just a thought but maybe your (audio) setup causes extra lag and that´s why it´s different for you?

Like I said, just a thought. Might be worth checking :)

thanx, audio is thru tv.. heres my thing..I'm missing 6 cheeves thru 3 songs..thats It, how can my audio be off on only 1 song? it just doesnt make any sense..I have a long history of video gaming, & beat it is flat out glitched.. I very much appreciate the help, its just not changing anything on my end,,I welcome any advise you can offer, but, how can I change my audio when Its coming directly from the xbox.

Hmm that´s very true. I forgot you have almost all the achievements.

Yeah, it´s definitely glitched and needs patching. No doubt about that!

Let´s just hope Ubisoft actually care :-/

The thing is, the more you try and it doesn´t work, the more you may put yourself off as you get frustrated with it too.

Maybe try going after the other missing ones first and then give it another go?

You still may not be able to get it but sometimes a break of a few days or even a week works wonders :) (for me anyway, with GH/RB and also with MJ TE)

Edited by TanyaSpace

Hmm that´s very true. I forgot you have almost all the achievements.

Yeah, it´s definitely glitched and needs patching. No doubt about that!

Let´s just hope Ubisoft actually care :-/

The thing is, the more you try and it doesn´t work, the more you may put yourself off as you get frustrated with it too.

Maybe try going after the other missing ones first and then give it another go?

You still may not be able to get it but sometimes a break of a few days or even a week works wonders :) (for me anyway, with GH/RB and also with MJ TE)

lol, i dont disagree with you on waiting, im slowly working on all 6, i'll do 10 of each then start over..I was so close to smooth a few minutes ago//82/99 139300 not quite there..gotta be 140k 2 miss' cant wait a week, trying to be the first 1 on ta to complete it.

ps, i assure you Ubisoft does not care & I'm willing to bet real money it NEVER gets patched..they say the game is fine.

Edited by Satman9
ps

Haha, yeah I was saying to my hubby the other day that you´ll very likely be the first one to 1k this beast :) I really hope you´ll get Beat it soon!

And you´re probably right about the patch. But you never know... :-/

lol, well i just boosted my score to 77/100 164800 1 miss..not enough..grrrrrr, all 3 songs picked up my high today..if i can do it again tomorrow i should have 2 of 3..going just a wee bit nutz here

Yeah, I think it has to be part luck, part nailing the cards with the music. Good luck to you. I'm still working on "Workin' Day and Night". That one is gettting to be annoying...

if it helps my 5 star score was 140450.. lots of attempts to get it, more then likely 140k is the threshhold

Nice. Good work on that one. I was wrong on Workin'. I only got 129,500 NOT 139,500.... I feel like this one is going to take a while.... I'm always missing certain moves. So frustrating.

only help i can offer is its not glitched like beat it...got closer already today..cant duplicate results though..grrrr. I do remember "Workin;" being hard, but its no master thriller..or master smooth.just keep at it, you'll get it !

Finally managed to get a 5 stars!

My exp is, somehow I feel the dancers dance faster during the last "easy missed part". What I did is to dance faster and make sure your image on screen syns with the dancers. Tough it just gave mr an OK still.

Wish this help. Cheers!

I'll keep working at it. I don't even want to think about the master songs!! Those are going to be impossible. "Stranger In Moscow" is also difficult. So many quick pose changes!! How do you keep it from not missing??

I did it enough to anticipate all the moves before they where coming. working on smooth master at the moment (im very close) and its all "learned memory". lmk if you need any scores to shoot for, I enjoyed stranger, easy on my old fat body & pretty to sing.

edit:just got smooth master...nice long rest, then gonna try Jun49's solution for beat it!

Edited by Satman9
update

Finally managed to get a 5 stars!

My exp is, somehow I feel the dancers dance faster during the last "easy missed part". What I did is to dance faster and make sure your image on screen syns with the dancers. Tough it just gave mr an OK still.

Wish this help. Cheers!

So Jun, your suggesting to stick with the dancers..I can get perfect up to the "dreaded" section by doing just that..I always panic in the last section as thats where I get the 4 miss,and keep trying "new things" my best was only 1 miss, very high score, not high enough..if smooth master doesn't kill me today, I'll give it a try & thanx for your input, as with everyone else here it is greatly appreciated.

Wow Kenji, I just compared stats you have the Master for beat it too.. your an animal !!

thank you, but, i belive i matched the dancers perfectly & still the same miss'..i do appreciate your solution.

Edited by Satman9
update

Satman, a little more suggestion, are you sticking with the dancers by yourself or by your image on screen? I think there's an about 1/4 second lag problem with Kinect, so your actual movement should be a bit faster than the dancer. Thus your image onscreen match the dancer's.

Thx, I'm not a professional dancer at all, but I'm a super fan of Michael. Targeting 1000 to tribute to him. And so sad im the only one playing MJ on my frirnd list. Add me!

Lose a few lbs already haha. Good luck!

Wow and you got 930 already!!!! Cool!!!

Edited by jun49