Stuntman achievement

ponypo2001

Seriously, I am pulling my hair out on these PR stunts. I'm no racing expert, far from it. I can do the speed and photo events easily. The skill point events however are kicking my ass completely. I've passed about 5 so far, but some are just borderline impossible for me.

I get that you need to keep a combo, chain tricks, drift like a mofo. The last part is my problem. I cannot for the life of me get any kind of score drifting. See the video below :-

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwBcyRzL4bQ]Forza Horizon: 2011 RUF RGT-8 - PR Stunts Skill Stunt (1080p) - YouTube[/ame]

How on Earth do you score so high and hold a drift like that? I've turned all assists off but when I drift, I lose a lot of speed and spin too far to the side so I end up doing a 180 turn. I've looked to see if anyone can trivialize how to drift but not got anywhere.

Looked on TA and the only solution on there claims these events are easy so that was no use. So far I've only passed the ones I have by smashing lots of picnic tables and getting near misses. They go out the window though on the roads with no traffic or obstacles to break.

Please someone post some good tips and save me some sanity. I love the game but I HATE these kind of scoring events. I stopped playing Dirt 3 for the same reasons.

I have the sale problem. I've only tried one of the score tasks, tried it twice and couldn't do it so gave up right away. So if anyone does have any tips then they would be greatly received.

I am by no means a good drifter. However I have found a couple of things that work well for me.

• Manual Transmission is a must. 2nd and 3rd gear are your friends on most cars.

• E-Brake constantly. Tapping the e-brake then giving a lot of gas will throw the ass end of the car out to start the drift.

• Feather the gas. Feathering the throttle will usually keep the drift going. You rarely want to be full throttle. But you also want to keep enough speed to keep your forward momentum.

• Unless you are on a curve, steering should only be used to make minimal adjustments. Steer into the drift but using the throttle will do more to correct your driving line most of the time.

It's all about balancing throttle and steering. You want just enough slip to keep the wheels spinning, but not too much that you lose traction and spin out.

I am by no means a good drifter. However I have found a couple of things that work well for me.

• Manual Transmission is a must. 2nd and 3rd gear are your friends on most cars.

• E-Brake constantly. Tapping the e-brake then giving a lot of gas will throw the ass end of the car out to start the drift.

• Feather the gas. Feathering the throttle will usually keep the drift going. You rarely want to be full throttle. But you also want to keep enough speed to keep your forward momentum.

• Unless you are on a curve, steering should only be used to make minimal adjustments. Steer into the drift but using the throttle will do more to correct your driving line most of the time.

It's all about balancing throttle and steering. You want just enough slip to keep the wheels spinning, but not too much that you lose traction and spin out.

I found stayin in third and just hammering left/right repeatedly works really well. then when it starts to get out of control just slow down and then continue. I doubled the highest event this way. Sometimes speed is enough though on the highway ones.

O.k., I had the same problem as everyone else. The popularity spike you can purchase in the marketplace, In the game. It DOUBLES all your scores, and makes it MUCH easier. It will double your popularity points, AND help you BIG time, in the stunts. NOTE: They will NOT help you with the speed cameras ... ONLY the stunts. The spike is 1 token for 30 Minutes, 2 tokens for 1 hour (Same) OR 3 tokens for 2 hours. I would say buy the 2 hours, because you will get 30 minutes free. Each token is 80 MSP. But, If you buy packs, it is cheaper. You can also buy cars, with these tokens. I bought a 10,000,000 CR Car for 7 Tokens. I know, It costed me $7.00, But I REALLY wanted that car.

I'm no awesome racer, but skill chains are pretty easy in this game if you're cheap about it. I got a 97,000 earlier and I could have kept it going further tbh.

The easiest way is to just e-drift or drift into every piece of destroyable debris you see. It's worth 1000 points each time for the sideswipe bonus, plus whatever you earn for the length of the individual drifts. Your multiplier will be at 5x pretty quick. When traffic comes along, near miss off it if you can. Every 3 of those in quick succession is another 1000 daredevil bonus. Plus you'll get some associated speed bonuses aswell if your quick enough.

If youre really stuck and your combo is about to end, pull an ultimate 180, which usually encompasses a burnout aswell, and go back the way you just came. Most if not all of the stuff you just destroyed is back.

Repeat until win.

ps - not sure if the turning around tactic works in the PR events, but in free roam its pretty easy to keep combos going for as long as you can be bothered to do so.

Edited by Rivercurse
typo

Two point challenges left now and I resign. Earn 28k? Seriously? I hate this achievement so much.

EDIT :- And as soon as I post, I get 44k. All done now. I can only emphasize how vital it is to drift as best as possible and don't let that combo drop. If you're on the 25k and 28k events, you can't afford to lose the points from dropping the combo.

Edited by ponypo2001

O.k., I had the same problem as everyone else. The popularity spike you can purchase in the marketplace, In the game. It DOUBLES all your scores, and makes it MUCH easier. It will double your popularity points, AND help you BIG time, in the stunts. NOTE: They will NOT help you with the speed cameras ... ONLY the stunts. The spike is 1 token for 30 Minutes, 2 tokens for 1 hour (Same) OR 3 tokens for 2 hours. I would say buy the 2 hours, because you will get 30 minutes free. Each token is 80 MSP. But, If you buy packs, it is cheaper. You can also buy cars, with these tokens. I bought a 10,000,000 CR Car for 7 Tokens. I know, It costed me $7.00, But I REALLY wanted that car.

The popularity spikes actually are active during PR stunts and it doubles the score? I didn't think it did, as I don't progress in the 9,000! sponsor challenge when I end up hitting like 20,000 score on the highway.. So I thought it'd deactivate during PR stunts.

Two point challenges left now and I resign. Earn 28k? Seriously? I hate this achievement so much.

EDIT :- And as soon as I post, I get 44k. All done now. I can only emphasize how vital it is to drift as best as possible and don't let that combo drop. If you're on the 25k and 28k events, you can't afford to lose the points from dropping the combo.

I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't need to drift in the video that you posted. Just go fast/ near miss/ wreckage/ date devil/ drift for the turn left. As long as you didn't hit anything to disturb the chain you would have passed.

Same with Ferrari. (I too was having problems with these, so I did what I was good at, drive fast and as long as I didn't break the chain I did just fine)

I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't need to drift in the video that you posted. Just go fast/ near miss/ wreckage/ date devil/ drift for the turn left. As long as you didn't hit anything to disturb the chain you would have passed.

Same with Ferrari. (I too was having problems with these, so I did what I was good at, drive fast and as long as I didn't break the chain I did just fine)

I posted that video though because drifting is the easiest way to build a combo and thus a big score. Relying on near misses is heavily reliant on traffic, which I had little luck with. With drifting, you can keep that combo and that is pivotal to success.

After playing this game all weekend, I'm going to revise my post a little. Sort of following what gw2 mentioned.

It can be done with an automatic transmission. In fact it's pretty easy doing it this way. Just get some speed, steer to the left or right hard, and tap the E-Brake. This should start your drift. Then you can go full throttle steering the opposite way until you straighten out. Now steer the opposite way and repeat.

I found it to work pretty well, even with all assists on.

Also, for a good place to practice your drifting, you can use the festival loop to go around in the circle drifting off and on. (Thanks to xKronic Bwoix for the tip) This is also an incredibly easy way to boost your popularity. I went from 150 to 100 in about 10-15 minutes using this technique.

Speed is the key. Instead of slowly trying to drift around each corner spend 10-20 seconds just flooring it and getting to a decent speed. It allows near miss, dare-devil, speed and threading-the-needle points to come much quicker. It also makes it easier to enter and hold a drift. Also, try hitting the little green guide posts and the signs, the wreckage points can rack up a reasonably large total.

If you can't drift just drive FAST and weave between traffic, you should still be able to do most of them.

• 3 months later...

these PR stunts fuckin suck. i cant even do the first one that ive been attempting for well over an hour! its the speed trap one, and i need to get 140mph in this shitty ferrari, but the camera is on a road with hills and lots of opposing winds. i cant see how anyone could possibly do this.:mad:

these PR stunts fuckin suck. i cant even do the first one that ive been attempting for well over an hour! its the speed trap one, and i need to get 140mph in this shitty ferrari, but the camera is on a road with hills and lots of opposing winds. i cant see how anyone could possibly do this.:mad:
use the 'Rewind' feature when you make a mistake. after the first few races in single player i forgot about this for the entire duration of the game and had done about 7 of the speed trap stunts before remembering. it is invaluable on the Veyron speed stunt (235mph when its top speed is 237mph).

use the 'Rewind' feature when you make a mistake. after the first few races in single player i forgot about this for the entire duration of the game and had done about 7 of the speed trap stunts before remembering. it is invaluable on the Veyron speed stunt (235mph when its top speed is 237mph).

actually, after my little cry and putting my bottom lip away i managed to do them all. my problem was having a lot of the assistance on, so going around corners where the speed trap was, was slowing me down before getting there.

as for that veyron one, my god it was annoying. i was on the verge of actual tears falling from my face. great game though...:p