I finished hardcore achievement!!

Wikked1

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Earned mine last night after a looooooong "break" from 'Splosion Man. Had to clear my cache to get past the 3-4 impossible jump. Everything else went ok until 3-17 which I spent a good 3 to 4 hours on. Not because anything in it is too difficult, but because the level is so long it took a bit to get it down enough to not die at some point. Now just have the multiplayer to finish (on 3-2) and I'll have my 200. Definitely a love/hate game, but I'm still a Twisted Pixel fan!

-foot

Edited by xvx Foot xvx

• 2 weeks later...

I found it to be a pretty easy achievement, finished it in about 4 days. Only got stuck on a couple of levels. My advice is if you get stuck... take a break, calm down... then watch a video on the level and try again. Most of the time I would beat the level on my first attempt after taking a break. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
I found it to be a pretty easy achievement, finished it in about 4 days. Only got stuck on a couple of levels. My advice is if you get stuck... take a break, calm down... then watch a video on the level and try again. Most of the time I would beat the level on my first attempt after taking a break. Good luck!

I agree, this achievement isn't nearly as difficult as I first thought it was going to be :)

• 4 months later...

The Hardcore achievement wasn't that bad. Much like SMB, you don't have to replay that much when you die, so you're never looking at replaying more than 5 minutes or so at the most.

Playing through the level first on Normal helps as well. Playing it on Hardcore immediately after that is advisable since you'll then remember what's coming up.

• 2 months later...

I have finally decided that this stupid fucking achievement isn't worth it. Challenges I can handle but this game? It isn't challenging, it's fucking stupid. I hate the flying laser robots with a burning passion. So random it's ridiculous. Unskippable cutscenes don't help either. Super Meat Boy was challening, this game is just annoyingly stupid.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I did it a few days ago, too. Was frustrating at times, especially the boss fights... I hated the fact that they were more random than actually challenging. Oddly, I still beat the game on hardcore faster than the initial playthrough :)

• 5 months later...
I did it a few days ago, too. Was frustrating at times, especially the boss fights... I hated the fact that they were more random than actually challenging. Oddly, I still beat the game on hardcore faster than the initial playthrough :)

Same for me. I'm happy it's done. I did one level every few days as to not get completely frustrated. Only thing left are the multiplayer achievements...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...