Black Ops 2 Discussion Thread

Since there is no section for it, should just use here. Besides, BO2 has nothing to do with Black Ops or Modern Warfare 3, so posting there should be off-topic, right? :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3tedlWs1XY]Reveal Trailer - Official Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Finally, the reveal trailer. Looks like Treyarch are raising the bar once again.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the impression that all this unmanned tech gets hijacked by the enemy. It sounds like an interesting concept, fighting against the tech that made you powerful but it looks like it will be another, fight through a decaying city and shoot the guys in the gas masks.

I am disappointed they aren't sticking with the cold war, black ops theme.

It's kind of lose/lose at this point for CoD. If they don't make changes like this then people will say "same crap, different year." When they do make changes like this then most CoD fans are disappointed because it's not the same. I haven't been let down by Treyarch yet, so I will definitely buy this and give it a chance. I just hope IW didn't have too much input into this game. IW is too noob friendly for my taste. I agree with DEG though, I would have liked to have seen this game stay in the same time as the original Black Ops.

The robots/machines make me a little nervous about what the MP killstreaks will be.

Its nice to see something a little different, but Im sorry I cant get excited about a game that is still using that fucking outdated horrible looking engine. Activision is made of money for christ sake there is no excuse for the game still using that damn thing. Irritates me...lol

Its nice to see something a little different, but Im sorry I cant get excited about a game that is still using that fucking outdated horrible looking engine. Activision is made of money for christ sake there is no excuse for the game still using that damn thing. Irritates me...lol

yep the engine should have been changed but MW3 still looked fantastic. Who knows what this will look like when we get our hands on it.

yep the engine should have been changed but MW3 still looked fantastic. Who knows what this will look like when we get our hands on it.

MW3 Looked Fantastic? Compared to what? lol. Maybe I am spoiling myself because I play games on PC but the Call of Duty series on 360 looks like crap. It has virtually no textures and they downgrade the graphics on the MP instead of keeping it a higher quality like the SP has.

I have been excited about CoD every year since I played World at War. MW3 was almost a let down. I haven't played it nearly as much as I did MW2 or Black Ops.

After watching this trailer... I am very concerned about the direction they are taking CoD. I really don't like the "future tech" aspect of that trailer. I'm worried about kill streaks in MP.

I don't want to make any big leaps of judgement though as it's only a 2 minute trailer. But, I'm not jumping up and down right now.

MW3 Looked Fantastic? Compared to what? lol. Maybe I am spoiling myself because I play games on PC but the Call of Duty series on 360 looks like crap. It has virtually no textures and they downgrade the graphics on the MP instead of keeping it a higher quality like the SP has.

Yes the SP i dont give 2 shits about multiplayer. There is a reason why there is a quality drop off in multiplayer, with SP the developer as the story teller directs you to what you should be looking at so they can use all the tricks to make it look good, however with MP they cant controll what you are seeing so all those tricks are not availalbe. BF3 is exactly the same the multi is not even close to what we got in the SP.

Edited by Dz06lt

Yes the SP i dont give 2 shits about multiplayer. There is a reason why there is a quality drop off in multiplayer. BF3 is exactly the same the multi is not even close to what we got in the SP.

What would that reason be? Developers who don't know how to do a good job? I could understand if the maps were huge and you had tons going on at once but Call of Duty maps are very small, and small scale fighting. I think it's just because they are using a very very old engine.

I like the single player campaigns Infinity Ward does with Call of Duty, they seem to do that way better than Treyarch in my opinion. Treyarch makes good changes to the series and all but the games never feel as good as IW. Not really excited about the MP anymore as the series has been getting worse MP wise since COD4. COD4 was fantastic, just went downhill after that though.

What would be fantastic though is if they would maybe try to get id tech 5 engine for the game.

What would that reason be? Developers who don't know how to do a good job? I could understand if the maps were huge and you had tons going on at once but Call of Duty maps are very small, and small scale fighting. I think it's just because they are using a very very old engine.

I like the single player campaigns Infinity Ward does with Call of Duty, they seem to do that way better than Treyarch in my opinion. Treyarch makes good changes to the series and all but the games never feel as good as IW. Not really excited about the MP anymore as the series has been getting worse MP wise since COD4. COD4 was fantastic, just went downhill after that though.

What would be fantastic though is if they would maybe try to get id tech 5 engine for the game.

I was editing while you were posting. As for the decline that is your opinion a lot of things have been added some people love things others dont. Ive played them all they are fun but as i said i dont care either way. As for the SP i cant agree more it seems that IW does do a much better job, however Treyarch did show a ton of progress with Black Ops personally i think it was possibly the best CoD story yet.

Yes the SP i dont give 2 shits about multiplayer. There is a reason why there is a quality drop off in multiplayer, with SP the developer as the story teller directs you to what you should be looking at so they can use all the tricks to make it look good, however with MP they cant controll what you are seeing so all those tricks are not availalbe. BF3 is exactly the same the multi is not even close to what we got in the SP.

Since there is no section for it, should just use here. Besides, BO2 has nothing to do with Black Ops or Modern Warfare 3, so posting there should be off-topic, right? :)

Finally, the reveal trailer. Looks like Treyarch are raising the bar once again.

ahahah looks stupid, this will be crap ahahahah.

Medal of honor warfighter!!

looks like there trying to copy crysis ahahah which is a way better game than cod.

Edited by Benny34

Is it just me, or does this look NOTHING like Cod? There's horses, and weird jets. And the graphics look really different. Much worse in my opinion. I swear if it was for the "Black Ops II" at the end I wouldnt even believe this is a Call of duty trailer. Are we sure this is real??

Is it just me, or does this look NOTHING like Cod? There's horses, and weird jets. And the graphics look really different. Much worse in my opinion. I swear if it was for the "Black Ops II" at the end I wouldnt even believe this is a Call of duty trailer. Are we sure this is real??

Ah, it's right on the CallofDuty.com website, their official Youtube account, Activision released it on Twitter and Facebook... yup it's real.

But, I agree, it doesn't look like a CoD game at all.

I'm actually surprised to see CoD finally taking another step. CoD4 (one of the best FPS ever) was a huge step for CoD back then but to me the series has be stagnate ever since. The game looks different, which is a good thing but unless there's some kind of sweeping change to the gameplay it'll still be the same game it's been post CoD4. I'm intrigued, but not enough to say I'd buy it, or even play it.

I didn't like BO's singleplayer at all. It was even more over the top and Hollywood than MW2's which is really saying something. I liked CoD better when you actually played through a believable story. That's what made 4 so amazing to me, the feeling that what I was playing could really happen. I have not had the feeling since.

If they can fix the MP to where no one camps 24/7 it would be better in my opinion, cause ever since Late MW2-MW3 (Including Black Ops) it seems like camping ruined it for me. That's the main reason I started playing them less and BF started to appeal to me more, not that I didn't play it but I favored it more than CoD. Right now I can say Mass Effect 3's MP is way better than MW3 or BO hell Assassins Creed Brotherhood is way more fun. As long as they can some how manage to fix that (or maybe it's the little kids and the whole community in its self which won't get fixed) I won't mind buying BO2 but if not I'll play MP for a little then probably go for the Zombie or w/e mode it will be achievements and be done with it.