CoD best game ever made?

I'm not saying BO in particular although it's my favourite, I'm talking about the cod series being the best ever made. I know a lot will disagree and there are several faults with the cod games, there are numerous things that annoy us players, but it's better then any other shooter. Battlefield, Halo, Medal of Honor, recently Crysis, Homefront, they just can't compare to cod.

I'll admit it makes me angry, I get bored occasionally, but the cod games are better than any of games, and I doubt they'll ever be beaten.

I'm in no way a nerdy fanboy, I play several different games on the go, and I play about 6 hours of cod a week, only weekends usually. People that say Battlefield, Halo are better than cod, I won't say what I call these players, but my words aren't positive. Rejects of cod hate cod

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely not. Seeing your name, you probably arent mature yet. Anyone who has experienced games like Doom and Halo, will agree with me that Call of Duty has had barely any influence on the gaming world, whereas Doom perhaps was the mother of all shooter games, and Halo was the mother of console shooters.

Without Doom, there would be no Call of Duty. Without Halo, there might would have been no Call of Duty as we know it. Without Call of Duty, there would be no difference in the gaming world.

In short terms: Call of Duty's influence is minimal, therefore not the best game ever

And to end this post with, I'd like to say that there is not such a thing as the best game. Best shooter, or best sandbox yeah, but a ''best game'' cant exist, because you cant compare completely different games. It's like saying, Real Madrid FC is a football club, Green Bay Packers is a NFL club, which one is the better club?

Edited by Rifle Elite

didnt take long for the halo fanboys to roll in....

Im definitely not a Halo fanboy, but its the truth that Halo is the mother of console shooters. It was the first shooter to become immensely popular on the Xbox. After Halo, many more games followed but Halo definitely showed that shooters werent just made for PC gaming

Im definitely not a Halo fanboy, but its the truth that Halo is the mother of console shooters. It was the first shooter to become immensely popular on the Xbox. After Halo, many more games followed but Halo definitely showed that shooters werent just made for PC gaming

And the truth is that all halo's after the original have inferior. CoD has surpassed halo in popularity. If you dont like its too bad man its the truth

e. Rejects of cod hate cod

Your a fucking idiot.

I actually don't like playing a game where 5 year olds are screaming in my ear,and i'm getting called a cracker every 5 seconds.

I also don't really care for the fact it's the same god damn game over and over again.

The game isn't bad though.But saying it's the best is a pure fanboy statement.That's like me saying Halo's the best. I love it but it's far from the best.

Also,no shit CoD is more popular.

A.It's multi-platform

B.It appeals to teens and the core gaming audience more.

Definitely not. Seeing your name, you probably arent mature yet. Anyone who has experienced games like Doom and Halo, will agree with me that Call of Duty has had barely any influence on the gaming world, whereas Doom perhaps was the mother of all shooter games, and Halo was the mother of console shooters.

Without Doom, there would be no Call of Duty. Without Halo, there might would have been no Call of Duty as we know it. Without Call of Duty, there would be no difference in the gaming world.

In short terms: Call of Duty's influence is minimal, therefore not the best game ever

To say Call of duty has had minimal influence is just stupid. Its had a massive affect on how console games are made and played, nearly most if not all console shooters now implement the killstreak and create a class systems implemented by Cod4. No console shooters had those before Cod4 we was made to play as a pre-set class.

Games devolopers strive to make better FPS games in order to get one up on CoD. In one of the new MoH's trailers there was a statement saying "The game to take Call Of Duty down" not Halo not Battlefield but CoD. The franchise has paved the way for devolopers to better themselves and make more solid FPS games.

Also without Doom there would no Call Of Duty and is the mother of the FPS, you forgetting Wolfenstein 3D?.... Without Call Of Duty, MoH, Half Life Etc. there would be no Halo fact.

Is CoD the best franchise? No, is Halo? No. Imo Half Life or MoH is the better (Not best) FPS franchise to date, without them we wouldn't be where we are today.

Edited by Genesis x360a

Lets see, CoD has sold more copys than any other series ever. Has more players then any other game ever..except maybe Wow. Don't give me the doom is the grandfather bs, yeah been there played that. CoD is the best game franchise by the numbers period, love it or hate it.

You shouldn't judge a game by it's copies sold or the amount of online players, if that was so FarmVille would be a top contender for "game" of the century. I did put the word game in quotation marks because we all know it's not a game, more like a social experiment but that's a different story.

Call of Duty has sold millions of copies since it first came out on the PC but besides a graphical enhancement the series did nothing with innovation. I do have to say that Modern Warfares online experience had a massive impact on multiplayer shooters in general, an online FPS nowadays will get burned down to the ground if it doesn't have some sort of a killstreak reward system but that was the only thing that made this game rise above the other shooters.

Nowadays it's just dull with ignorant sexually frustrated jerk offs with a vocabulary limited to gay, noob, cheater or fag. And tell me in all honesty, isn't that just the greatest thing of selling a lot of copies and having a lot of people online.....the more the merrier people but in this case it's just a lot of bullcrap. And I know, don't judge a book by it's cover but I don't like the readers either in this case.

Imho there are many other shooters that deliver a much better overall experience than what any COD game will give you. For me there's only one game series that's close to, if I may quote a majority of the COD fanbase, the best game evurrrrr..!!11 and that's Half-Life and all it's spin offs.

And don't worry COD2 and COD MW, I still <3 you.

Looks like we all have a split opinion. Let's take a step back though. Most popular game, most played game, ships the most sales, other games strive to match cod or beat cod with their shooters as stated above.

I've played doom, wolfenstein, yeah they were the first, but they weren't the best.

BO sold more on xbox than halo 3 has, I read that somewhere :p

The best game ever made IMO is not even on the 360, best series ever has to be Spyro. Seriously, forget shooting people.. let's flamebreath some weird creatues in the butt.

CoD is alright, but not THE best game series ever made. Even if we were talking just about the 360.

Clearly never played the newer ones they killed the fun factor. Spyro 2 is where its at tho that and Crash team racing I must of played those 20 times through a piece. PS2 gd times.

And the truth is that all halo's after the original have inferior. CoD has surpassed halo in popularity. If you dont like its too bad man its the truth

Because Call of Duty is more popular doesnt mean it's better than Halo? My definition of the best shotoer ever, is the game that has had a lot of influence. Therefore, Doom might aswell is the best shooter (looking at when it was made)

This is like saying, China is the best country in the world. Why? Because it has the largest population on earth. It makes no sense linking quality to the amount of people that play it.

Edited by Rifle Elite

the games are good and everything. but i dont see it as the "best". Online can be a pain and the story mode is either short,rushed, or has to many cutscenes. the best in the series, at least to me, was cod4. not trying to sound like a fanboy but the story AND multiplayer where good. In terms of Money though..im not sure if cod dominates that field towards other games..never really looked into it. this thread is going to turn into a flame war soon. . . opinions being thrown around= flame!

I would say the biggest thing Cod has done is lead to a standardization among control schemes for most fps games. Which in my opinion is good, it's nice to jump to game to game and not need to try and remember the controls.

Hmm... Halo CE has similar controls I believe. Left analog stick to move, Y to swap weapons, A to jump, RT to shoot, right analog stick to aim.....only difference is the grenade button