Game completion at 4%

Trips

Just sprint (hold down X) and jump at the point when you are behind a tree in the foreground. You will grab on the wall, and then immediately jump again (like a walljump) and climb over it.

It took me around 5 tries to get over it :).

Btw, if you press B at the jeep in the "get to the helicopter" mission, you get a secret ending that is also one of the Master Challenges :).

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres another idea, instead of getting grenades at the boss fight, what about sequence breaking those as well and getting them on the outside of the map like were trying to do with the foam.

How would you even go about doing that?

I feel that you need to keep indoors for the grenades since they have a couple of vents placed specifically for bypassing the first cut scene door.

I thought about that too, I think I know where you can get them... There's actually, I think 3 spots... that is, if you can get BY the original spot...

I have been thinking about getting to that FOAM that's unprotected, but I can not be because of the door, well the door doesn't help regardless, I got through the door (after unlocking the SM50) and I went up there and theres a waterfall that you have to get over and then make the jump across....

How would you even go about doing that?

I feel that you need to keep indoors for the grenades since they have a couple of vents placed specifically for bypassing the first cut scene door.

Who says you have to stay inside?

that would likely be grenade pack 4, but i really don't see how to get there without grenades...

That I can agree with... #4, 6&7 could be reached without anything, just gotta figure out how to make it over to them!

If you could make it to grenade #4 and pick it up then that would mean you would then skip the helicopter scene which would then keep the doors open. Which means all that's left is to get to the foam from the waterfall area. & getting grenade #4 still falls between the lines of its hard, must be done fast, and then following that you break the sequence of the SMG which means you're on the right path. IDK lol I'm just putting to much thought into this! :p

Just sprint (hold down X) and jump at the point when you are behind a tree in the foreground. You will grab on the wall, and then immediately jump again (like a walljump) and climb over it.

No, I did a complete jump over it, without the use of a backpack. I jumped so high that I landed right on top of the rock.

if you jump while jason is sliding from a sprint in a new direction you jump higher!!

It also seems to work by going into a crouch while sprinting and then jumping, seems to give me that little more control then turning sharply.

I did wonder if it was somehow related to the helicopter, 4th playthrough and in looking for a way to sequience break i accidently destroyed the helicopter... I didn't think you were supposed to till now.. i've always just run from it

It also seems to work by going into a crouch while sprinting and then jumping, seems to give me that little more control then turning sharply.

I did wonder if it was somehow related to the helicopter, 4th playthrough and in looking for a way to sequience break i accidently destroyed the helicopter... I didn't think you were supposed to till now.. i've always just run from it

That's always been there, I did it on my first playthrough. You simply wait for it to hover above the house then you throw a grenade into it.

unlimited foam ammo might be really usefull since you can create large bridge and go everywhere you want (but to get the 4%&unlimited foam you need level 40:S)

Level 30 for Unlimited Foam. I have it almost level 33. I have been gaining levels just starting and restarting the game over and over again, trying to figure out how to break this darn game! I probably won't play much more today, but tomorrow there is a possibility!

Wait, can someone give an update what we are having trouble with?

Because if you have the golden guns, you can get to the grenades without getting the pistol, and it won't say you have a weapon, by backtracking through the vents.

And can someone explain me what's the trouble with the smg, because I don't know what you guys mean when you say you have to get to the door fast, or it locks. Can someone clarify? Thanks :\

EDIT: Oh and what shortcut were you talking about that gets you to the golden gun room?

Edited by Phillosoraptor

Wait, can someone give an update what we are having trouble with?

Because if you have the golden guns, you can get to the grenades without getting the pistol, and it won't say you have a weapon, by backtracking through the vents.

And can someone explain me what's the trouble with the smg, because I don't know what you guys mean when you say you have to get to the door fast, or it locks. Can someone clarify? Thanks :

EDIT: Oh and what shortcut were you talking about that gets you to the golden gun room?

did you go and read all of our posts? It would probably help, but here is the main idea....

We know about the golden weapons and not getting the pistol, we know how to get past that part. We are trying to get the FOAM gun in 15 mins from the start of the game. We THOUGHT you could get to number 11 foam gun (someone posted the IGN map) in a certain amount of time to get there, but no luck, I tried in 8 min, and someone said 7...

Someone posted a picture of your character with the foam gun and the pistol in hand, that is why we think you can get the foam gun BEFORE the SM50 (smg)

No short cuts really yet...

did you go and read all of our posts? It would probably help, but here is the main idea....

Yeah I did, I just wasn't sure what you guys were talking about..

We know about the golden weapons and not getting the pistol, we know how to get past that part. We are trying to get the FOAM gun in 15 mins from the start of the game. We THOUGHT you could get to number 11 foam gun (someone posted the IGN map) in a certain amount of time to get there, but no luck, I tried in 8 min, and someone said 7...

Someone posted a picture of your character with the foam gun and the pistol in hand, that is why we think you can get the foam gun BEFORE the SM50 (smg)

No short cuts really yet...

...so the reason you guys are trying to get the foam in 7 or so minutes is because someone had said you can get it in 15 minutes? That's what I'm confused about.

...so the reason you guys are trying to get the foam in 7 or so minutes is because someone had said you can get it in 15 minutes? That's what I'm confused about.

Yes sir. THE ONE person who has it done in 33 minutes, but said he could shave off 5 because he went the wrong way. The Developers just said it can be achieved in the first 15 mins, we are just trying to figure out how to do it. We thought a certain door would lock after a certain amount of time, but that seems wrong, unless we are not going fast enough....

I trying to do this as well I go climb gear > golden gun > grenades > stuck. Can't find a way past the SMG when you pick it up it adds a percent so you really need to bypass it. Will post if I find anything.
Exactly Dphoenix! We can not figure this out! BAHHH! I put it on hard so that way, I still am gaining levels while exploring the first part of the game... now the person that beat it in 33 mins, i dont know if he did it with the 4%, but thats what I am trying to beat.... just gotta figure a way to bypass that stupid SM50 (SMG)!!!!

//EDIT

Not that it helps, but I got that armor on the other side of the jeep. I thought it was unobtainable this early, but I got it. So that is cool for me.. maybe on the insane run or something....

Okay I tried using the Devastator (when claire gets taken in the chopper) missile attacks to blow up the rocks, but it doesn't work. But then if you go down the stairs and come up from the hatch thing on the bridge, and the devestator is looking right (or vice versa) he won't notice you and you come jump on top of him, so I'm trying to get him to come closer to the left so I can get #10.

I don't think it works but I'll keep trying.

EDIT: It doesn't :\

Edited by Phillosoraptor

Wait where is this picture of the foam gun and pistol by they way a couple of weeks ago I watched a video of someone using the foam gun early in the game its an old video but it might give some insight? Anyone want to help hunt for that video?

EDIT: never mind it was an E3 video where they used a cheat menu

Edited by Y0UNIK0RN