Saints Row: The Third Platinum Pack Tip

CheetyPants1327

How's everyone doing. well I used to work at RadioShack, and they had an enormous amount of adapters. Well I had pre-ordered the Platinum Pack, and had read some where that it said that you couldn't use the headphones/voice auto-tuner on Xbox, but only on smart phones. I had thought about my iPhone and how the jack looked, if you go to RadioShack's site and search for the item Catalog #: 274-397, that should solve that not compatible problem.

• 3 weeks later...
lol oh, The Platinum Edition is $100

yeah I actually went to the Gamestop and found that out. You know what else I found out though.

apparently the Mic will not work with the Xbox 360 or PS3 so you can't use it during game... that really makes me sad... nearly completely defeats the point.

EDIT: which I just realized you said in your first post... well I'm an idiot.

yeah I actually went to the Gamestop and found that out. You know what else I found out though.

apparently the Mic will not work with the Xbox 360 or PS3 so you can't use it during game... that really makes me sad... nearly completely defeats the point.

EDIT: which I just realized you said in your first post... well I'm an idiot.

lol no idiots here sir, just ifnformation seekers and givers haha

• 3 weeks later...

Alright Everyone, I officially have my headset from the colecters edition, And the Verdict is..................................

Using the adapter I mentioned earlier, It SLIGHTLY Works, Super emphasis on slightly.

As soon as i got home here's what I did,

1. Got two AAA batteries, which is what the headsets requires for to to hear sound at the maximum quality, if you don't put batteries in it, you'll think it doesn't work, as I first did lol

2. Plug the adapter into your controller, plug the headset into the adapter.

3. Hit the guide button and go to the right to your "Preferences", go down to voice and then for "Voice Output" select "Play Through Both"

SN-I had my Voice Volume to 10, and my Game Volume to 6

4. Slide the switch on the headset to "Talk" And hit the "Zimos" Button for the auto-tune effect. If you'd like to hear your self hit the headset button above it.

5. Now here's where it got slightly fun and slightlly depressing, start a party or send a message, you'll notice when someone speaks you can't hear them through the headset, but hey, your voice is auto-tuned.

So for now, I'm gonna keep looking for a suitable adapter.

'TIll then Strap It On Playas

Thanks for this, from a former employee of store 2093. :)

Sort of good news that it's just one jack, when I heard it was PC only I was expecting a two jack setup (one vox, one ears) which probably could have been solved with a fem mono -> male stereo splitter. Is the jack on the headset 2 conductor or 3 conductor? Standard xbox headset is 2 (2 stripes) for mic and one audio, if this one is 3 to get left and right ears separate, may be solvable with a couple of adapters chained together.

It'd need the opposite gender of the one in that radio shack link and it'd be taking out one of the leads. If they're doing something weird with what lead is on what place on the jack for the headset it might take the mic out, though hopefully would just drop the audio to one ear. The one from bing takes a 2 conductor, has a mic inline and makes it 3 conductor. The solution is somewhere in the 274 section, I'll take a look when I get mine tomorrow night. I was really hoping it would be the 2 jack version of "standard computer headset" as I want to use it for conference calls at work, but it seems that is not to be. :)

*e* I'm assuming from your description it's the 3 stripe TRRS shown as the middle one here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:IPod_and_iPhone_audio_plugs.JPG is that right? Or is it the 2 stripe on the left side? I realized my version of "3 conductor" is "3 positive leads plus a separate ground lead" which may not be the way the rest of the world thinks. :)

Edited by DarthWellington

I think the question some of us are wondering is - how good is the headset when used in other devices? Such as phones, I really want platinum but to justify the cost I need details on the headphones themselves, do they sound great, do they feel well made or are they just cheap? Information would be appreciated.

I think the question some of us are wondering is - how good is the headset when used in other devices? Such as phones, I really want platinum but to justify the cost I need details on the headphones themselves, do they sound great, do they feel well made or are they just cheap? Information would be appreciated.

Yeah those headphones looked pretty cool. Wss thinking bout getting the game just for that lol now I'll stick to my wicked headphones