Problem with latest update and rage quitting

fastNcurious

I know this game is reportedly run on dedicated servers, but ever since the latest update, every once in a while everyone will get kicked out of the game and into the lobby when someone rage quits.

I know they rage quit because often the missing gamertags in the lobby are those who have unfortunately been killed multiple times by me.

Anyone else seeing this? I wonder if they secretly shifted away from the "dedicated server" model and into some sort of hybrid dedicated/player-hosted model (I'm not a techie so I don't know how that would work). I have never had this problem prior to this update and I've been playing since day one.

Yeah this shit is pissing me off more and more, everytime its when im winning... and today we had a good deal of maps done in attrition, i was hoping to get my full circle to be sure everything was done, but then bam at the end.. Seriously if this is dedicated servers, they better fix them cause right now its as worst as playing on host. Happen EVERYDAY i play...

Me too bro me too.

Glad it's not just me...

Its happen to me a few times but I do see people also quit out and the game still goes on

Yup, it doesn't happen all the time. That's why I think they're secretly doing some sort of host/dedicated server thing. Maybe they rely partly on one player and partly on the cloud. So if that one person rage quits, then it affects the game. Just guessing here. Never happened prior to this update.

Yeah this shit is pissing me off more and more, everytime its when im winning... and today we had a good deal of maps done in attrition, i was hoping to get my full circle to be sure everything was done, but then bam at the end.. Seriously if this is dedicated servers, they better fix them cause right now its as worst as playing on host. Happen EVERYDAY i play...

Yeah, it's always when I'm winning, too. Such a coincidence. Lol.

Happened when i was loosing moments ago, stil ANNOYING AS HELL... cause im not sure if the map was done for the achievement, and if my kills and challenges counts(im going for the unlock everything achievement and some freaking guns annoy me so much like that G2 crap...)

And doing this is time wasting towarding prestiging again... I don't think ill make it to Gen 10, as i plan on selling it back when the next COD arrive, and for the love of GOD i can't kill ONE single ejecting pilot... so good luck with 5... but still i would like to be able to continue progressing a bit.

Happened when i was loosing moments ago, stil ANNOYING AS HELL... cause im not sure if the map was done for the achievement, and if my kills and challenges counts(im going for the unlock everything achievement and some freaking guns annoy me so much like that G2 crap...)

And doing this is time wasting towarding prestiging again... I don't think ill make it to Gen 10, as i plan on selling it back when the next COD arrive, and for the love of GOD i can't kill ONE single ejecting pilot... so good luck with 5... but still i would like to be able to continue progressing a bit.

You only need to prestige once to get 1000 GS. (I don't count "Gen 10", since it's 0 gamer score and a waste of time. It's more of a "bonus" achievement to me.) Also, I can't do the ejecting pilots as well, stupid cloaking and is very luck based.......

I know that if the game disconnects during a game, that you won't get any achievements that you've unlocked. Happened to me...... :mad:

yeah, I think there's something wrong with stats tracking too....I've been playing CTF for the achievement and played a good 10 rounds. I noticed on the games we dominated and had 2+ Flag caps for each member people would quit. I had a total of about 12 caps that day and in the stats area in says one flag capture. So, the xp earned from getting attrition kills or from captures in CTF will be earned, but will not be marked in your status. Honestly, the game was fine before the update....now I struggle with these challenges because people quit out and nothing counts. -_- (however a buddy of mine has told me there are times it would count, but we both agreed it needs to be fixed).

Yeah, I'm struggling with this issue too. I'm working on 100 wins (gen 8), 50 CTF wins, 50 Pilot Hunter wins and "I've seen it all" and this rage quitting is really bothering me - it definitely isn't helping. It's happening way too frequently and, of course, usually when my team is winning and there's only little time left of the match. Sucks...

I still have the problem that some fucking bastards mainly from Poland/Russia/Hungary

with a shitty 2 bar connection are always in the enemy team and that they lag like hell and of course win with 20:0.

2 CAR Mags and 2 shock grenades from me won't kill them and the ALWAYS have 1% left

WTF man?

I never experienced that kind of stuff Ehrenfried, only games i had issues with terrible host was GOW1 and 2(mostly GOW2 as the host was forced on you) Problem being GOW2 choosed the party leader as host, so no matter if he had a terrible connection, he would get it... (not to mention people bridging it)

Now when it comes to TF or COD, personally if i play with downloads on(when i forget i have some on my Computer) then its me that struggle and have problems....

Anyway to get back on topic, lately i have been experiencing less of these quiting, only happened once yesterday and i played a lot of games... :/ and i am now at 8 pilots ejecting kills. Problem is you have to be lucky to get some noobs... with no auto ejecting, that will not cloak themselves manually either... Of course i will probably get stuck on GEN 5 for a while... but i think i could get it...

You only need to prestige once to get 1000 GS. (I don't count "Gen 10", since it's 0 gamer score and a waste of time. It's more of a "bonus" achievement to me.)

Thing is if you want to complete the game you must get it, and personally i love those level upping achievements, i am a MP gamer, and therefore when there are something that proved you reach a certain level, i like to get it... Only thing TF annoys me with those challenges.. Its like right now, im finishing GEN 3, im ready to prestige but i can't because i must kill people with C4... Not super hard but i have to run around like a moron throwing them, and those unlocked late in the cycle so not like i could use them since lev 1 to do them as soon as possible. So im loosing XP at the moment because of that...

Anyway there is 2 achievements i know i can't get unless i am able to boost(made a boosting sessions btw) , the railgun ejection kill, mostly because i hate that gun and never play with it...and also because you need to be soooo lucky to touch an ejecting pilot with this crap... Its already hard and you have to be lucky to kill ejecting pilots with the chain gun imagine...

The other one is the "kill every pilots that try to escape" when the evac happen. I could maybe someday be very lucky but its unlikely...

If i can boost those 2, i may be motivated enough to go for the 1000... but those will really block me if i can't boost them.

Anyway there is 2 achievements i know i can't get unless i am able to boost(made a boosting sessions btw) , the railgun ejection kill, mostly because i hate that gun and never play with it...
You're going to have the chance in Gen 4 when you're forced to use the rail gun. >.< (It's gonna suck)

You're going to have the chance in Gen 4 when you're forced to use the rail gun. >.< (It's gonna suck)

That was Gen 3.... already done, it was not THAT hard, once you have the first 10 Kills and have the pre-charged one... i played mostly LTS to get it...

Thats why im saying i won't play with that gun anymore. So this achievement need boosting

I'm now on my way to Gen7 or Prestige7, and it wasn't that hard.

Sure some of the challenges were difficult but once you've adapted to a new "hidey" gameplay it was cool.

What i thought would be a pain in the pooper, the sniper, but it turned out very easy.

The charge rifle was a pain true.

Last match on Nexus, i saw 2 enemy titans, one moved like he should,

but the other one missed some frames and was like stuttering, so i pressed "back"

and oh no he had only 2 bars and was from the uk.

I remember having people from the states or south america in the enemy team on EU servers, those guys were unbeatable due to their lagging.

But why is it when i try the same on US servers it doesn't work?

I love Titanfall, but i hate those annoying lag problems because i lost so many matches just because of 2 members of the opposite team who were lagging as hell

and won the game because no matter how many ammo i pumped into them they didn't die.

And the pairing/matchmaking sucks big time.

Why do i always end up in the looser team?

All highGen players on the enemy team are unbeatable but if there is a Gen9 on my team he sucks like a hooker. *argh*

• 1 month later...

Since the last update this has been for the most part resolved. I have only had 1 in game disconnect and 2-3 in lobby disconnects. Compared to the 20-30 i would of had pre recent patch in that time span. In lobby does not bother me so much. Lets just hope it maintains its present rate and does not revert to its previous sorry state.

• 2 weeks later...

I am sure it appears that I have quit during a game but that is not the case because I have gotten kicked out of the game many many times with a message "connection to server timed out." Always seems to happen when I am having a good game of course. What really annoys me is when your working on gen challenges and you get booted out of the game any progress you made is lost. They could at least fix it so you don't lose your progress.

Was playing last night and right in the middle of the game everyone got kicked back to the lobby. Nobody had left on either side so I don't know what that was about.

One thing I notice since last update is for some reason I keep ending up in a lobby with basically all Gen 1's. I am currently Gen 4 level 50.

Ehrenfried I felt the same way too about always being on the losing team, was very annoying. I would be either in 1st or 2nd place and rest of team just doing horribly. I found some other people to team up with and its much better now.

I'm finding this happens more on game modes like capture the flag which is why I think it has to be linked to people leaving the game as it always seems to be when the opposing team are losing and people start to drop out, I also had a game where my team were being destroyed, I stayed in as the map I was on was needed for the 'seen them all' achievement, someone who was doing alright scorewise on my team left, and then the next thing I know I am back to the title screen.