They picked the wrong guy to voice Garcia

PorkSodaxx

Don't get me wrong, Steven Blum is one of my favorite voice actors, but he shouldn't have done the voice for Garcia. The attempt at a Spanish accent makes me cringe. It's kind of ruining the game for me, though I just started playing. I'm sure if the game get's better I won't mind much.

• 2 weeks later...
i thought the voice acting was great all around.

if that was a white guy, he did a hell of a job with the accent and broken english.

Agreed. The Mexican accent was spot on. I liked the voice for Johnson as well.

The voice acting on Paula was good, but damn that bitch was annoying!! Always freaking out, bleeding, drowning, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree with the few people that said that Danny Trejo should do it. However I believe the voice actor they choose is good as well. I think the voice-acting in this game is great for what it is. Which is an over the top grindhouse horror fun game lol. Danny should have been a cameo though, maybe a boss, or another demon hunter, or hell, maybe just even as Machete!

• 2 months later...

I was fine with Blum: he cared about what he was doing and gave the lines well. The problem with Trejo doing it is his voice alone implies a very different image of a character, someone much older and grizzled.

Heck, Blum managed to make the character having trouble reading some words sound authentic, not forced. That got a kick out of me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...