Climbing campanile di san marco?

DarthSoth

How do you climb this stupid tower in Venice to get the viewpoint? There seems to be some irregular window spacing for each of the 4 climbable window parts of the tower that make it impossible to get all the way up. I have made it to within 2 windows of the top but the spacing screws me over yet again.

Anyone have any tips for this one or even better a video?

Edited by DarthSoth

This isn't the tower that you need to have the jumping ability for, I got this randomly while just roaming around the city.. I climbed a tower where I saw a viewpoint and jumped off and got the achievement.. So if I managed to do it without even realising it was this tower, then it can't have been that hard. Sometimes people tend to look for the most complicated route without realising, just try and simplify it in your mind before you attempt it again.

This isn't the tower that you need to have the jumping ability for, I got this randomly while just roaming around the city.. I climbed a tower where I saw a viewpoint and jumped off and got the achievement.. So if I managed to do it without even realising it was this tower, then it can't have been that hard. Sometimes people tend to look for the most complicated route without realising, just try and simplify it in your mind before you attempt it again.

This is a tower after getting the jump ability but it is in the San Marco district of Venice. It is in the courtyard where the Assassin's Tomb for the second section of Venice, and has a glyph on it. The only available handholds are a vertical set of windows, one for each of the 4 sides of the tower. The windows are spaced so that you need to use the jump ability to climb but there is a pair of windows that are spaced just to far to be able to grab onto on each of the vertical sets of window.

I finally figured it out. You need to begin on the East side of the tower. Where there is a part with the doors to the tower at the base. There are exposed bricks that you can climb to the right of the 2nd window that let you climb up the wall. It should be pretty straight forward from there. About half way up you can move around to the North side to continue up.

This is a tower after getting the jump ability but it is in the San Marco district of Venice. It is in the courtyard where the Assassin's Tomb for the second section of Venice, and has a glyph on it. The only available handholds are a vertical set of windows, one for each of the 4 sides of the tower. The windows are spaced so that you need to use the jump ability to climb but there is a pair of windows that are spaced just to far to be able to grab onto on each of the vertical sets of window.

I didn't say there wasn't a tower where you need the jump ability to climb it, I was simply saying that this one in particular that you need to climb for the achievement doesn't require the jumping ability since it can be climbed without it.

But yeah, glad you figured it out.

Not sure if this is the same tower but there is one viewpoint in Venice that I can't do it at all. I just get half way up, scale all the way around and I still can't find anywhere to go upwards.

If that is the tower in the first section of Venice then you need to get a new jump climb ability to get up it. Just continue on with the thieves missions and you will get taught the skill shortly.

I didn't say there wasn't a tower where you need the jump ability to climb it, I was simply saying that this one in particular that you need to climb for the achievement doesn't require the jumping ability since it can be climbed without it.

Uh, nowhere in this topic is Florence's Giotto's Campanile tower or an achievement ever mentioned. You just pretty much posted some random climbable tower that had nothing to do with what I was asking. And your tower was in Florence too boot.

Thanks for the input. No, really.

• 2 weeks later...
I finally figured it out. You need to begin on the East side of the tower. Where there is a part with the doors to the tower at the base. There are exposed bricks that you can climb to the right of the 2nd window that let you climb up the wall. It should be pretty straight forward from there. About half way up you can move around to the North side to continue up.

I know how to get up, but after I got the glyph and continued up the rest of the tower it won't let me sync the viewpoint and see the rest of the map....did I miss something some where?

I know how to get up, but after I got the glyph and continued up the rest of the tower it won't let me sync the viewpoint and see the rest of the map....did I miss something some where?

I ran into a glitch like that with a feather. I was standing on the feather and trying to grab it but it wouldn't actually register that I got it the feather was gone but the little white animus spakleies were still there. I reloaded and was able to get it that way. You may need to reload the game or go do somthing else for an auto save then come back.

The only thing I can think of is that this game is different from AC1 when it comes to syncing viewpoints in that you actually have to be on the wood plank where you can perform a leap of faith to be able to sync the viewpoint. In AC1 as long as you were at the top of the building you could sync, this time you'll have to get out onto that plank before it will let you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This tower is not that hard, but Ezio glitches at an important section which then does not allow you to continue on with the ascent.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5nfbcEHpAs]YouTube - Stuck on Tower in San Marco[/ame]

that video does a good job explaining what you need to do