Original Gamer Achievement Guide (Fanorona, Morris + Bowls)

Pavonis

The clue is trying to block his moves, and not trying to do a three stones in a row...

My problem is when I get to the end when he has 3 I fall apart.

I also hate the damn shadow covering up 1/4 of the board.

If this fat asshole waves his hand over the board one more time....

Oh the frustration

Edit: finally did it, no idea what I did though. Had to do bowls again though, the story mission didn't count as a win for the achievement.

Edited by Quid Squid

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also hate the damn shadow covering up 1/4 of the board.

If this fat asshole waves his hand over the board one more time....

Oh the frustration

Edit: finally did it, no idea what I did though. Had to do bowls again though, the story mission didn't count as a win for the achievement.

Glad you got it! :)

I fucking did it! I beat Achilles and the inkeeper last night after much frustration. I was so happy, lol, such a feeling of accomplishment. Now to unlock Bowls and get my acheesmo :woop:

Edit: And the games I won, I fucking spanked 'em. 7 pieces left in Morris and 6 for Fanorona. Very proud.

Edited by Floyd.

Theres another bowls at the harbor..but it must not count -.-

The bowls at the harbor most definitely does NOT count. I had done it before this bowls and was confused when I did not receive the achievement either.

To clarify, you MUST complete the bowls game specified in the video!

Ugh. I beat Achilles at Fanorana, but can't win Nine Men's Morris at the Inn. Been using both videos in this thread, & nothing. I've spent about 5 hours trying to do this, but no luck.

Edit: Wow! I got fed up & just started putting pieces randomly on the board... won with all 9 of my pieces on the board. CPU stalled it's last 3 pieces for like 10 minutes, but I still whooped it's ass!

Edited by VyperJMc

Ugh. I beat Achilles at Fanorana, but can't win Nine Men's Morris at the Inn. Been using both videos in this thread, & nothing. I've spent about 5 hours trying to do this, but no luck.

Edit: Wow! I got fed up & just started putting pieces randomly on the board... won with all 9 of my pieces on the board. CPU stalled it's last 3 pieces for like 10 minutes, but I still whooped it's ass!

Glad you got it! I still can't believe people have such trouble with Nine Men's Morris. I have never lost a game with the strategy I provided in my video.

The clue is trying to block his moves, and not trying to do a three stones in a row...

Tuzky is absolutely right. I had huge trouble beating the expert guy by trying to remove his pieces.

So in the placement phase of the game I focused purely on preventing him from getting threes in a row and placing my own pieces so that I could block him from making any moves when the movement phase began. Won the game without removing any of my opponent's pieces, and losing two of mine.

Hey everyone!

I created a guide for the Original Gamer achievement which includes completing Fanorona, Morris and Bowls in the Homestead. Hope you enjoy!

Any suggestions, comments, questions and concerns feel free to post! :)

Quality video pal, definately going to use this when i get upto the homestead bit!

I posted this in some other thread, but i think this is the right place:

SPOILER ALERT:

Original Gamer Achievement:

Question: I completed all Homeland Quests and Achille`s Died..so i can only play against a random NPC. He is not playing like Achilles i have a hard time beating him and i am also not sure if the achievement will pop up when i play Fanorama against this random NPC instead of Achilles.

Does somebody else had the same problem? Maybe i should go to Sequenz 6 or 7 and play against Achilles Fanorama.

But i hope my data will be saved after beating him...i am confused.

EDIT: In which sequence you can play against him?

Edited by Dark Anaconda

I sucked so bad at Fanorana I had an AI win the game for me. (got the idea from dawngalneryus at ps3trophies.org)

http://www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein/180...ects/fanorona/

under the level tab set level to 1 1/2 to 10 seconds/move so you can see the moves.

Under options:

Computer is black, human plays white

white pieces start at the top

white makes the first move

multiple captures on first move ok.

Then in assassins creed I chose No to "do you want to start first?"

Every move Achilles made in Assassin Creed, I made in the Java Game, every move the Java game made, I made in Assassins Creed.

I won on my first attempt.

Did the same with nine men's Morris using:

http://www.kongregate.com/games/vensal/nine-mens-morris

Set it to the hardest difficulty.

Made sure not to accept a draw.

Only problem was the game wouldn't let me move the innkeepers pieces the same when he got down to 3 pieces left (though since I had only lost 1 piece I could manage that part by myself)

Morris had to be the easiest for me. Use my strategy of chips on both corners and then chip one of the corners. Then for sure you can get to kill one of their pieces. Make sure to stop their 3 whenever you can.

Tried it a hundred times and still nothing. Not even online AI can beat the game's AI. Not once in 4 hours of play has the computer emulated the moves in that video either. The AI is quite simply, perfect and thus unbeatable in my game.

Tried it a hundred times and still nothing. Not even online AI can beat the game's AI. Not once in 4 hours of play has the computer emulated the moves in that video either. The AI is quite simply, perfect and thus unbeatable in my game.

I'm having the exact same issue as you pony. Looks like I might have to settle for 980 in this one.

I'm having the exact same issue as you pony. Looks like I might have to settle for 980 in this one.

If you watch the video, you see the AI plays like a complete retard at the start and that makes for a very easy win. In my attempts (now 5 hours long), he just doesn't make a single error, not one. I really want this out of the way, but it's just not beatable, simple as that. I've lost so much money retrying, it's ridiculous.