Rank Boosting.

Alexdelicious

I've seen people say stuff like "guardian boosting" helped to get their rank up.

Well, my question is ... What? :s

You don't get xp outside of ranked matches, and there's no way to force your teams to play against each other, even if you could find 9 people who also wanted to boost at the same time.

So, do people just mean form a group together in a lobby or something?

I'm quite confused.

It works

You can get matched up and boost off eachother for hours upon hours. I done it a fair bit and to this day is the most effective way of boosting by far.

I'm not going to explain it myself cos right now i cba :p

Here is what it is though -

http://www.trueachievements.com/a31820/veteran-gear-achievement.htm?showguides=1

LOOK AT THE 3rd SOLOUTION BY iiM SO N1NJA - Credit to Marx0r x360a

Ahh, I understand now. Thanks for the (very speedy) reply, ZanKioH.

I've never been able to find it explained like that before. It seems a little puzzling at first and I wouldn't have expected that way of matchmaking to work but hey, can't argue with the facts. :)

Are you sure you didn't boost using this method. You went from Level 50 to Level 100 in 6 days. Seems impossible using the horde method and legit.

Uh, I looked up your webstats too Ev1l R4ptor, on http://gearsofwar.xbox.com/WebStats/default.htm and it says you've only played 579 games. :confused: Even if you got 5k xp per match, you'd wouldn't even be halfway to level 100. I don't get it. How did you manage it? Lol.

Uh, I looked up your webstats too Ev1l R4ptor, on http://gearsofwar.xbox.com/WebStats/default.htm and it says you've only played 579 games. :confused: Even if you got 5k xp per match, you'd wouldn't even be halfway to level 100. I don't get it. How did you manage it? Lol.

Probably glitched it...

I actually agree with Metaphorically. I bet barely anyone has done it completely legit like ourselves (not bragging or anything) but alot of people have done horde boosting and guardian boosting with other teams. In a way you can get it done legit quicker than boosting if your good enough, as there is no waiting for others, no sharing kills and Warzone/ Execution and Wingman gets you so much more XP than Gaurdian when boosting.

Probably glitched it...

I actually agree with Metaphorically. I bet barely anyone has done it completely legit like ourselves (not bragging or anything) but alot of people have done horde boosting and guardian boosting with other teams. In a way you can get it done legit quicker than boosting if your good enough, as there is no waiting for others, no sharing kills and Warzone/ Execution and Wingman gets you so much more XP than Gaurdian when boosting.

I'm almost there level 97 only did 1 boosting match where I only got like 50k exp so it didn't even dent anything, Haven't tried horde boosting and dont plan to do any of that. So when I hit 100 it would be practically boost free.

I'm almost there level 97 only did 1 boosting match where I only got like 50k exp so it didn't even dent anything, Haven't tried horde boosting and dont plan to do any of that. So when I hit 100 it would be practically boost free.

That is an achievement completing Gears 2... especially legit. I actually wished there was an achievement for getting 100,000 kills in ranked games. I only have about 60,000, but I would've sure played it longer if there was an achievement like that. If there wasn't so many connection problems I would probably be near 100k already. I doubt it though.

I am surprised that so many glitched to 100. I understood Epic matched up people's stats and the presence of their veteran gear achievement and quite a lot of people were gamerscore reset for doing this, but perhaps that's not the case anymore? It just seems like a really stupid thing to glitch, because anyone can look up your stats and see that if you've only got 5 days playtime you're not going to have legitimately gotten to 100.

What's "horde boosting"? (Sorry for asking probably stupid questions.)

I only know one guy who likes playing gears 2 as much as I do and we just play for fun really (so the guardian boosting method is never going to happen for me), I don't expect to reach level 100 and I don't really care to grind for it, if it comes naturally while I'm playing then great. I tend to keep coming back to gears 2, getting addicted to it, then going off it for a few weeks. :|