Progress Thread for Tough Achievements

SpKXmasSpirit

75/75 in Challenge Mode and 20/55 in Quick Play. I don't know if I'll ever get the final achievement or not, but time will tell. I'll just keep chipping away at it and see.

If you get through Quick Play (since you're focusing on that), you shouldn't have much problem getting all 12 achievements.

i have 55/55 and 75/75

when your clearing all the levels your score is almost 400k everytime anyway so concentrate on that for the 400k and also for the 750k use the 11-5 trick for a good score. watch the best shot replays for tips on how to do it.

I'm up to the 350K challenges (not sure what #s those are) and hope to eventually finish that mode. As for 100% cleared, I think I have only done 4 levels so far, and I don't see it ever happening for some levels.

Truly seems a Herculean feat that one. And one that if I see it on someone's gamercard, I will be duly impressed.

I've hit abit of a wall in the form of level 10-4. (Yang, Yin)

I have no idea how to go about clearing this level. I did manage a couple of 90%'s but they were more luck than anything.

Usually I'm stuck with 80%. I've used every character, but still don't have a clue who I should be using to complete the level.

Tips from anyone who has completed this level (Probably only Teamfocus) would be appreciated.

*Edit- Nevermind. Beat it. Used Lord Cinderbottom. 8th highest score on leaderboard. 18 free balls lol.

Edited by Shelton

Will look up my exact counts later, but somewhere around 5 on the 100% cleared and at the 400K level on challenges.

I was initially going for the challenge modes first but now I am working on the quickplays first. I believe that scoring a certain amount or clearing a level in quickplays will complete the challenge also. Not sure that clearing a level in challenge transfers to the quickplays though.

That is correct. There is only 5 or so challenges which deal with clearing levels so its not a huge benefit to you. Still beats doing it 2 times...

True that there is only 5 or so that deal with clearing levels, but you would probably knock out some of the score levels also. Glad to know my strategy is helping someone else. :)

• 3 weeks later...
I have completed all of the challenged, and I have 52/55 levels completed. My last levels to 100% are 10-5, 11-1, and 11-2. Any tips would be appreciated.

This area seems to be the last few levels for everyone. I have 5 levels left, 10-4 thru 11-3. Maybe someone can give some tips with what character to use and the strategy. Thanks.

I've hit abit of a wall in the form of level 10-4. (Yang, Yin)...

*Edit- Nevermind. Beat it. Used Lord Cinderbottom. 8th highest score on leaderboard. 18 free balls lol.

Wow, how did you get 18 free balls using Cinderbottom on this level? Thanks, in advance.

Wow, how did you get 18 free balls using Cinderbottom on this level? Thanks, in advance.

Well at the beginning I was quite lucky. The ball kept bouncing in the bucket. Towards the end, I'd bounce it off one peg and into the bucket. I probably eliminated 10 pegs this way.

What helped me finish this level, was to use the fireball on the right hand side of the large circle. Line it up so that it'll ricochet off the wall, hit the bucket, and fly left. Depending on what that takes out, decide where to place your next fireball.

Usually, I'd aim for the left side of the large circle (After first fireball) and bounce it off the bucket so it'd go through the little circle.

A pain to complete...

• 1 month later...
Update

55/75 challanges completed

4/55 100% cleared levels

Im only going for challanges for now I have not bothered with clearing the levels yet.

I'm doing the same as you except with 7 cleared and 52 challenges complete.

I still can't do one of the 350ks :/ 5-4

Then it's all the 400ks (bar 6-4, must've done that in adventure? Does that even happen? I'm sure I've not tried it on challenge..) And after them it's 12-3 onwards. Bah.

I've not even got People's Ovation yet, tempted to boost now 'cause it's annoying me having people drop out on those rare occasions when I play well, haha..

Edit: Anyone have any advice on challenge 5-4 (Level 5-5; The underwater level with a pyramid and two circles for fish eyes... I've checked top records, most use flippers. I shouldn't be struggling this much; it's an early level! I've 100%'d it using Master Hu, Warren and Flippers but I've peaked at about 260k for some reason. Any advice? Bast place to shoot first? Hints, tips, tactics and suggestions welcome..)

Edited by ChrisDeston
Asking for advice.

Ive got about 13 levels to go in quickplay - getting there! Then its onto the challenges. I was going to give up - but when youre halfway towards a long hard achievement, you just cant give up! (also how I managed to 200/200 BC:Rearmed)

• 5 weeks later...