how to use d.horns on survival h/core modes

leeroy1975

Once you have the Devil Horns unlocked from completing Classic mode, you will need to disconnect from xbox live. Delete your cache to get rid of the update, then start up the mode you want to play, get to CH. 3 access the bench on the Roanoke the Devil Horns will be there. Make a save after collecting them resign into xbox live update the game and carry on in SP or CO-OP.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not working for me, fairly sure it's because I have some pre-order DLC stuff.

Disconnect from XBL, clear my cache.

ATTEMPT to choose my completed save so I can start up a NG+ in hardcore, and it says that the account I'm on isn't authorised to use the DLC on my save.

Will this still work if you already have a save for Pure Survival/Hardcore? My PS is already started, so I was just wondering if I HAD to start a brand new game or not. If I have to, it's no big deal.

I have already beaten both modes, so I disconnected, cleared cache, and loaded up chapter 4 of both Pure Survival and Hardcore and the Devil Horns were available. I saved each game with them equipped, reconnected to LIVE, updated with the patch, and still had them.

So yes.

This is not working for me, fairly sure it's because I have some pre-order DLC stuff.

Disconnect from XBL, clear my cache.

ATTEMPT to choose my completed save so I can start up a NG+ in hardcore, and it says that the account I'm on isn't authorised to use the DLC on my save.

So if you don't have the DLC's license on the xbox, you won't be able to play the game offline?

Once I log out it says I can't play dead space 3 unless I log in. How do you get around this to start or continue your game and get to a bench

Are you logging out of your account? That isn't what you want to do. Go to your storage on your console and clear the cache. Load up DS3 and when it asks you to update the game, decline the update. You will be offline and can set up your Devil Horns.

Thanks hunterrrr, that fixed the problem. Just a quick question for everyone tho, does anyone think this work around is cheating? I personally don't, but if you go on the xbox forums there are a couple people who think this is. Just want to know what peoples thought are on the use of this DH deal, on PS and HC. My opinion, I'm not gonna play this game 5 times. I want to use the DH for my HC run only. I have played it 3 times now and plan on doing the PS mode co-op with my friend and not use the DH for that run.

Thanks hunterrrr, that fixed the problem. Just a quick question for everyone tho, does anyone think this work around is cheating? I personally don't, but if you go on the xbox forums there are a couple people who think this is. Just want to know what peoples thought are on the use of this DH deal, on PS and HC. My opinion, I'm not gonna play this game 5 times. I want to use the DH for my HC run only. I have played it 3 times now and plan on doing the PS mode co-op with my friend and not use the DH for that run.

It isn't cheating. There are people who will say ANYTHING is cheating for whatever reason.

Just completed HC, I think Horns were meant to be awarded to players in different game modes, since when I beat PS and started HC I got info about resources and MK II Weapon parts being deposited in safe.

If you already have any dlc dont delete it, because you wont be albe to load save without every dlc you had when save was created.

Just completed HC, I think Horns were meant to be awarded to players in different game modes, since when I beat PS and started HC I got info about resources and MK II Weapon parts being deposited in safe.

If you already have any dlc dont delete it, because you wont be albe to load save without every dlc you had when save was created.

You delete the DLC so you can properly set up the Devil Horns offline. You put the DLC back once the Devil Horns are set up.

You delete the DLC so you can properly set up the Devil Horns offline. You put the DLC back once the Devil Horns are set up.

You do not need to delete any DLC. You just need to clear your system cache, load the game, decline the update (force offline play). I had preorder DLC and the LE DLC (which I believe is just the online pass file. There is no separate file for the gun) and I did not touch these files.