Achievement Discussion

L3giOn

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone figured out how to get the manic roller, quick turner, and speedy roller achievements? I use dash ans quick turn all the time while playing but not sure on the exact way to get the achievements.

I got the quick turner achievement, and all I did was after I hit the goal, of the the size the king wanted - I had about 45 seconds I just stayed in one place and keep quick turning, back and forth - back and forth. I did that till the level was over and got the achievement. It has to be that you have to do a quick turn X number of times, but I don't have a clue what that number is....

I got the quick turner achievement, and all I did was after I hit the goal, of the the size the king wanted - I had about 45 seconds I just stayed in one place and keep quick turning, back and forth - back and forth. I did that till the level was over and got the achievement. It has to be that you have to do a quick turn X number of times, but I don't have a clue what that number is....

I got the Maniac Roller when I was playing the 1st stage *Non Moon* on Eternal I just kept bashing into stuff because the Katamari got so big. I'm thinking it's around 50 times.

Speedy Roller seems to be the same, I just used the speed move 10-20 and got it at the end, might have been more though

Also got the 100 point one too:

[spoiler=456]http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/Pu/Go/1YCLiGJhbC9HCBt1GyxTVkRDL2FjaC8wLzIzAAAAAOfn5-qH4SI=.jpg

Katamari Perfectionist 100http://live.xbox.com/xweb/lib/images/G_Icon_External.gif

Completed all Requests in Normal and Time Attack Mode.

Did that just in case, do you have to use spoiler tags for secret ones? Or is it just when it involves something from the story?

Speedy Roller seems to be the same, I just used the speed move 10-20 and got it at the end, might have been more though

Also got the 100 point one too:

[spoiler=456]http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/Pu/Go/1YCLiGJhbC9HCBt1GyxTVkRDL2FjaC8wLzIzAAAAAOfn5-qH4SI=.jpg

Katamari Perfectionist 100http://live.xbox.com/xweb/lib/images/G_Icon_External.gif

Completed all Requests in Normal and Time Attack Mode.

Did that just in case, do you have to use spoiler tags for secret ones? Or is it just when it involves something from the story?

Story Elements. It was a given that completing it would give one.

I'm pretty sure one of the 80 point secret achievements will be to get 100% of the items, since it has 20/40/60/80 in the normal list.

Maybe playing 100 online games? Winning a certain amount of online games? Getting more cookies?

The achievements seem to repeat, so I don't think there will be many "new" ones in the secret list, just bigger versions of the other achievements.

You unlock eternal mode on a level by getting 100 points on the level. From my experimenting, points seem to come from three things:

1. How quickly the goal was reached.

2. Final size of the katamari.

3. How much of the katamari's final composition was your "goal" item type.

I haven't bothered figuring out how much weight is given to each one.

I'm just an anus away from having 100 points on every level, so I'll be updating when I know whether or not doing this is an achievement.

Also: when you finish the last mini-game with a good score, you unlock a harder version of it where some of the larger things shoot at you, and getting hit by the bullets makes you lose pieces of your katamari. I think I got something like 625m on the normal level and 150 or so on the hard level - it really is significantly harder, so I'm guessing getting another 500m + score will either unlock an achievement or... just be really, really hard. And, again, I'll update when I know.

Finally: there were rumors on another (very, very unreliable) message board about an achievement for getting a high score on the pool game when you fail a level. This sounds stupid, but also really easy to test since the score tops out at 5 digits, meaning leaving it running for 2 hours should get you an answer. I'm at 64k as I type this, so I have an answer by the time I'm done walking my dog.

Just play through the level a few times. You'll find certain starting positions work better for you than others, you'll get to know areas that help you bulk up faster when you reach certain sizes, and you'll just become more familiar with the layout of the world.

I've got 100 points on every level and there is no achievement for doing so.

I've got 400m on the hard level of the last mini-game, and there is no achievement for doing so.

And I found a picture of somebody else who got 99999 on the pool "mini-game," and there is no achievement for doing so.

I'm about stumped. I'll keep going for cousins and presents, but beyond a 100% collection, I don't have any more good ideas about what those other secret achievements are going to be.

I'm about stumped. I'll keep going for cousins and presents, but beyond a 100% collection, I don't have any more good ideas about what those other secret achievements are going to be.

I'm thinking they are just bigger version of the other achievements. Play 100 online? Maybe even win a certain number online? Get more cookies online?

They could be something silly like getting all your cousins to dance with you on that bottom left planet, so someone will have to test that out when they find them all.

P.S. Everyone help out with the present/cousin thread I have going, please! :D

I recieved 120/100 on the egg school level as well, so maybe one of the achievements is getting 120 (or above 100) on all levels? Maybe when someone is able to get this we will find out..thanks for the info on the pool game and mini game..saved me some time trying to get high scores in those :p

AngrySalad: check the achievement guide..I think you are getting confused with the speedy roller achievement, which is given for using the dash a certain number of times within a level. Just open a level on time attack and dash, crash, and quick turn for about a minute each and you'll definitely get all 3 achievements.

I have been poking around the global katamari leaderboards..one of the 40G secret acheivements is the kings face surrounded by a yellow, orange, and red glow with "100" underneath in yellow text. This must be either 100% item completion or 100 on all levels..I'm guessing the latter as the 80% completion achievement nets you 40G already.

Present #2 in the Chateau level is in a small valley next to the mushroom forest. I still need present #1 in the chateau level, hope someone finds it soon.

I have been poking around the global katamari leaderboards..one of the 40G secret acheivements is the kings face surrounded by a yellow, orange, and red glow with "100" underneath in yellow text. This must be either 100% item completion or 100 on all levels..I'm guessing the latter as the 80% completion achievement nets you 40G already.

I really hope it's not 100 on all levels... I've done that, and the only issue would be that there's one level where I got 80 points for a ~60k katmari, then 100 points for a ~50k katamari that had ocean items as the majority. The 80 shows up as my highest score, but eternal mode is unlocked and you can go through the best planets and find my 100.

It isn't 100 on all levels, someone has that and didn't get an achievement. It's also not 100% completion, that one is one of the 80G secrets, for sure.

I think it might be to make 100 katamaris, so you might have to replay levels a bunch. I'm working on that right now.