The online play EXPLAINED

Ice2Dragon

K, trying to make this really simple.

The online play isn't really "online play"

Throughout the game, your character acquires traits at the end of every level. The traits are also the secret achievements.

The stats you can build and put towards different stats, health defense stamina and attack power, build your character.

However, online play isn't what you think.

The AI controls your character, and simulates the battles based on the traits for your character you received throughout the game.

So beat the game with a character first.. I went for max health and power (you can max out two abilites.. at least from what Ive found out..) And just sim away. Its really irritating you can't play though.. your character is sometimes very very stupid.

Overall it is kind of interesting though for an online game though. The ranks are determined by your win loss record obviously.

It is hard to rank up though.. a lot of the foreigners who have this game have insane characters that will rip you apart..

• 4 weeks later...
So beat the game with a character first.. I went for max health and power (you can max out two abilites.. at least from what Ive found out..)

If you instant kill all the bosses on each level, you get extra spheres, so it is possible to max out 3 of the 4 attributes. I'd recommend you do this because as you start playing "online", most of the top ranked players have this sort of setup and it's almost impossible to win.

This is just my opinion, but I think the best combination is to max out your health, stamina, and defense. Attack power is also important, but if you're maxed out in the other three, then you really don't need much power and your character will pwn everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Just pointing out than you can actually play the fights if you so wish just start pressing buttons right at the start of the fight and walla your fighting :)

Also as your online wins are saved on your save not a server it is posible to just load the game if you lose a few times online

hunh? wtf are you talking about? you can't play the online contest games, they're purely AI fights. maybe its just a coincidence your character moved when you thought you moved him, but I don't think its possible to control an AI...

& yeah the wins are logged on their server for each player file... that's why it says "Refreshing leaderboard" after every match... of course you can always create new player files & enter them in the contest, but there's no way to cheat the system.

• 4 months later...
If you instant kill all the bosses on each level, you get extra spheres, so it is possible to max out 3 of the 4 attributes. I'd recommend you do this because as you start playing "online", most of the top ranked players have this sort of setup and it's almost impossible to win.

:eek:it takes me at least 3 instant kill moves to kill a boss is it even possible to kill them in 1 move? and if so how?:confused:

This is just my opinion, but I think the best combination is to max out your health, stamina, and defense. Attack power is also important, but if you're maxed out in the other three, then you really don't need much power and your character will pwn everyone.

:eek:

i can only seem to defeat bosses with 3 instant kill hits but isn't really an instant kill if they don't die in 1 and im not gettting extra sphere's, am i doing something wrong cuz i mash the x button then press b but it only takes off a small amount of health when up against the bosses??:confused: