Could have been a much better game..

Vaughan14

Okay so I got all of the achievements in the original skylanders, and picked this one up on the day it came out.

First thoughts were it was good but when I started the hardest difficulty I wasn't very happy, the main reason being I didn't want to buy anymore skylanders I have the original 3 and the new giant.

I quickly found my skylanders died in max 3 hits some even one..

and then when all 4 were dead I found out there was no checkpoints so back to the start of the level... Don't get me wrong I love a challenge but the terrible camera angles that you can't change mixed with some useless skylanders made it unreasonably hard! Anyway I did beat the game after repeating some levels over 10 times.

This isn't a sook it up thread, I just remember reading that out of the box you should be able to get the original 1000 achievement points and this isn't true for elemental enthusiast, so unless i get the 2 skylanders I need or it gets patched ill be stuck at 990/1000..

All in all i did enjoy the game but it seems to me activision want my money more than they want me to play the game the way it should be played.

rant over.

The starter packs are only $10 more than the portal owner's packs and contained all the figures necessary to get the 1000G. If your collection was that tiny, you really should have gone that route instead.

As for the character's usefulness, all 4 of those are quite useful. Tree Rex becomes a juggernaut when upgraded, Trigger Happy is a great crowd clearer, Gill Grunt is highly maneuverable, and Spyro is a solid, all-around fighter.

Also, you say about how they want you to spend money rather than play the game how it should be played. Here's the thing: The game should be played with as large of a skylander collection as possible. It's just like with most trading card games. Yes, you can play with just a single starter deck, but players are supposed to build their collections and make their own decks.

Edited by EmporerDragon

I know where you are coming from, but if thats the case they should have made the achievements based on having the original characters.

and for me in Australia one skylander is more than an hours pay for me, I'm not dishing out just to get all of the achievements.

and too me Tree Rex was just a massive target and died straight away and Trigger Happy was too slow and got wiped out pretty quickly, Gill Grunt was good at knocking enemies back for sure and Spyro was my rock but once he was out I was pretty much done for.

What I'm upset about it not that the game is meant to be played with a large amount of skylanders, its the fact that the achievements should be based on what you get in the starter pack or portal owners pack.

what achievement cant you get with either starter kits?

If you bought only the original game and the portal owner's pack for giants, then the Elemental Enthusiast achievement can't be unlocked as you would be missing an Air and an Undead skylander. They would need to be purchased or borrowed from someone else.

If you bought only the original game and the portal owner's pack for giants, then the Elemental Enthusiast achievement can't be unlocked as you would be missing an Air and an Undead skylander. They would need to be purchased or borrowed from someone else.

ahhh, I see