How to Unlock Perfect World Champion Guide (M Bison)

After 14 hours of playing and endless frustration I have finally unlocked Perfect World Champion to get my full 200/200. Listed below is a guide I used to beat each player. Before playing with M Bison I spent hours with E.Honda and overall found M Bision much easier. As a note always make sure you fight Ryu first as you will play the hardest people at the beginning.

The numbers in bracket means the amount of times you are likely to win out of 10.

1st - Ryu (V. Easy)

Just spam Psycho Crusher - He constantly walks into it (10 wins out of 10)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2nd - E. Honda (V. Easy)

Just spam Psycho Crusher - He constantly walks into it (10 wins out of 10)

3rd - Blanka (V. Easy)

Just pick your spots and spam Psycho Crusher. When he jumps up and down he is very vulnerable. (10 wins out of 10)

4th - Guile (Average)

Be much more cautious when using Psycho Crusher. He usually blocks and then throws you. I used the tactic of jumping over 3-4 Sonic Booms and then when he comes towards you use Psycho Crusher. Keep repeating this until low on health and then spam Psycho Crusher. (9 wins out of 10)

5th - Ken (Tough)

Toughest battle so far - it all depends on how Ken plays on whether you beat him. A tactic I used was jump over the Hadoukens until he jumps towards you and then use Psycho Crusher. Just as he is about to stand up use Psycho Crusher again - If you're timing is perfect it will constantly hit him and after 4 or 5 he will be dead. WARNING - if you're timing is off he will uppercut you and then just spam the spinning kick move. When you get in a corner it's nearly impossible to win (5 wins out of 10)

6th - Chun Li (Tough)

Once you get past this battle is it fairly plain sailing until Balrog. Just be very cautious as she fires different speed fireballs and also jumps around alot. I found this battle just as hard as Ken because you need to get your timing perfect. Block a lot and just pick your spots and use Psycho Crusher. If you time it right you can get 4/5 hits at the start and then back off and wait until the clock goes down. (5 wins out of 10)

7th - Zangief (V. Easy)

Just jump to the left of the screen and keep jumping up using hard kick - he has no defence and will keep walking into it. (10 wins out of 10)

8th - Dhalsim (Easy)

Just pick your spots and use Psycho Crusher. He will move/teleport around a lot but more often that not he will block your Psycho Crusher and his energy will drain - Just make sure you keep your distance and not let him trap you in a corner as his 'head-whack' move will take over 1/2 of your life. (8 wins out of 10)

9th - Balrog (Very Tough)

Now this guy is a real pain - I must have got to this guy around 30 times without losing a round and then bam one move - dead! Your Psycho Crusher will not work so you will have to use the same tactic as Zangief - Jump in the left corner and use hard kick. The problem is - he will move back and then time his punch so he always hits you. If he hit's you once he will put together a combo, make you dizzy and then take off 95%+ of your life. If it wasn't for this guy I would have unlocked Perfect World Champion in a few hours - be relieved though it you make it past this guy you should easily get to M Bison. (4 wins out of 10)

10th - Vega (Very Easy)

For the 10th Guy in a game this guy is so easy - Just wait until he jumps up in the air and then use Psycho Crusher. He never learns and will keep doing it - after a while he will climb the wall behind - when he gets to the top just Psycho Crusher across to the other side and watch the clock drain away (10 wins out of 10)

11th - Sagat (Average)

If you have the right strategy this guy is very easy to beat. All you have to do is keep jumping up over his projectiles and he will do a tiger uppercut - this will always miss you and you can use Psycho Crusher while he is on the way down - keep repeating until the clock runs down - if you are well ahead just duck down and block and the clock will run out. (8 wins out of 10)

12th - M Bison (Average)

At this point your hands will be sweating so just put the game on pause and walk away for 5 mins - I got to M Bison 5 times without losing a round and then he killed me. The best advice I can offer is just time you Psycho Crusher and then use it again when he is getting up - if you time it perfect it will keep hitting him (same as Ken). If he does block make sure he is not standing right next to you as his throw will take 1/3 of your life. Just make sure you always keep your distance and keep using Psycho Crusher to move out the way and hopefully catch him while he is jumping around. (7 wins out of 10)

Using this method I have unlocked Hyper World Champion around 10 times and also Perfect World Champion. If you continue to practice each fight will become easier and the only real problem you should have is Balrog and M. Bison.

When fighting a player who has a projectile (Ryu/Ken/Chun Li/Sagat), always jump over them and then wait until they jump towards you - this is a perfect time to hit the Pyscho Crusher. All throughout this game the only moves I every used was the Psycho Crusher and Throw, you won't need any more. I hope this has helped :)

Edited by LLC2003

• 4 weeks later...

This doesn't work too well if you have to fight Ryu late then he spams fireballs and shoryukens you out of the psycho crusher. I will play around with it some more I was trying to do this before I read this particuliar method but it didn't work out.

Spamming Vegas off the wall slam is a pretty good way to go but it failed against Zangief he kept doing this turbo jab to knock me out of it.

• 2 weeks later...
This doesn't work too well if you have to fight Ryu late then he spams fireballs and shoryukens you out of the psycho crusher. I will play around with it some more I was trying to do this before I read this particuliar method but it didn't work out.

Spamming Vegas off the wall slam is a pretty good way to go but it failed against Zangief he kept doing this turbo jab to knock me out of it.

You have to keep picking bison until you fight ryu first and you will fight in this order. Btw tc your guide worked amazing! However, my achievement did not unlock... And now after two hrs of retrying i cant get passed ken :(

i have also just unlocked my 200\200 for this game. great guide, i used most of ur methods here but with Dhalsim u can keep using bisons low slide kick (down + HK) against him, fo some reason he wont block it. u gotta time it a bit tho but isnt too hard and after the 4th hit he ''stars'' 10 out of 10 for Dhalsim. very easy fight

:)

• 2 weeks later...

For Ken, as I've become a master at kicking his ass at any position of 1-8, using your MEDIUM Phycho Crusher he never does an uppercut, he will just sit there and look at you or walk right into it. I can beat him 10/10 times, at position 8 no less. My only issue is Balrog...

Another tip, if you are decent, and don't have to rely on time running out on you to secure a victory ( which is cheap by the way, but in this game I'll leave it be ), turn it off. This comes in handy later on against Vega and Sagat who do the same thing over and over if the battle is close and time is running out.

This keeps Vega from using his fence cling jump, however that is also managable with Bison, block then high kick then pycho crusher, 7/10 times his claw will pop off after one climb.

This also will keep Sagat in the fight insteat of sitting back throwing Tiger Bombs at you. As a moving target he is easy to defeat.

With Balrog, I've tried the high kick in the corner, but it only works 3/10 times if that. The one time I was able to get him 2 in a row, I had already lost 1 round to Ryu out of my own foolish mistake. By and by though I got my Hyper World Champion or whatever for only losing the 1 round.

This game is by no means easy, and I hate all the bitching I see. Everyone I see who bitches is a fool. Not every game should be easy. To anyone who has the 200, you know it takes skill, dedication and a lot of patience.

• 1 month later...

This guide worked I now have the 200/200 :)

For Ken, using the MP Psycho Crusher is way more effective and he generally doesn't do a Shoryuken.

SevenJesterHats' strategy worked for Dahlsim, down + HK will always hits him.

For Sagat I would always jump straight up and do HK and I would usually get at least 1-3 hits in and get him down to at least 1/4 health. Block his Tiger Shots and wait for him to do one from above, jump and do HK, then jump back.

For M. Bison, jump into the corner with HK, then when you hit the floor do a HP Psycho Crusher. Don't try and throw him because it's too risky. I beat him one the first round, got a double KO round two, then beat him on round three, both Hyper World Champion and Perfect World Champion achievements unlocked.

• 5 months later...

THANK YOU for this guide! I got it last night, but unfortunately the game glitched and reset my GS to 0 and I had to sign back out and in again so I got no cheeve. I've tried doing it twice today but Ken is being ridiculous. I know this is definitely the only way I'll ever get 200/200 though.

• 2 weeks later...
is it possible to earn these last two achievements with the rounds set to 1 round per match?

also does it still count if you skip out of a losing fight by having the player 2 controller push start?

There's no option to set it to one round and if P2 presses start it voids the cheeve. I've been trying to do this for like a solid 2 weeks :-(

After THREE YEARS of trying, I finally got this achievement with M. Bison!! This guide really helped me with one thing - the jumping medium kick. I never would've thought to try this on Balrog. That helped a lot. My biggest recommendation would be to use a similar strategy against Sagat. I found that when I jumped with any forward momentum whatsoever, Sagat would do a Tiger Uppercut and waste me. Instead, only jump forward with medium kick while he is throwing a Tiger Shot. Now that you're in range, jump straight up and use medium kick as you would against Zangeif or Balrog. Sagat will continue to throw Tiger Shots and you can keep hitting him with jumping med kicks for an easy KO.

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to share my experience in finally attaining this achievement. First of all, many hugs and much love to LLC for the guide - my sanity thanks you.

My words regarding "Perfect World Champion"...

First off, this is one of the hardest achievements, period. The level of cheddar the AI throws at you will test your patience, and that's a fact. You'll be stunned at all the attacks that pass right through your blocks and the fact that you can be grabbed by the CPU from about 2 character lengths away. It is utter nonsense.

I think there are 2 camps for this achievement: spamming E. Honda's Hundred Hand Slap and spamming Bison's Psycho Crusher. I spent many hours in the former camp. It can be done with Honda. I've seen it done and read many guides by people that have used him and gotten the achievement. It just didn't work for me.

For those of you whose hearts may be weakened by the fact that you seem stuck at 170/200, take heart. On your feet! Listen to LLC's words! Follow his guide, but know that it's not 1:1. You must, must, MUST watch your enemy and adapt, especially cheap sluts like Ken, Chun Li, and, of course, M. Bison. These 3 we'll completely destroy you if you try to get greedy or think you're better than they are. Play smarter, not harder. I followed the man's outline and was successful - twice - the first time, the achievement was glitched on me, and I didn't get it. THIS IS DUE TO THE 0 GAMERSCORE BUG (YOUR GAMERSCORE APPEARS AS A ZERO WHILE PLAYING THIS GAME AND AFTER EXITING, UNTIL YOU REBOOT YOUR CONSOLE). PLEASE, AS SOON AS YOU LOAD THE GAME, PRESS THE GUIDE BUTTON AND CHECK YOUR GAMERSCORE! IF IT'S ZERO, SIGN OUT AND BACK IN WHILE IN GAME, AND MAKE SURE THE CORRECT NUMBER IS SHOWN! IF YOU FAIL TO DO THIS, YOU WILL NOT GET ANY ACHIEVEMENTS!

In addition to the guide, what I did was place my jab button on turbo (I'm using one of the SF4 FightPads). See, jabs have a very high priority, and on turbo, you throw them faster than you possibly could manually. Laying on my turbo jab button got me out of some otherwise fatal corner traps, especially against Ken, and, to a lesser degree, Balrog. This may work for some, but not for others - just something that helped me get out of some sticky situations.

If you're after this achievement, good luck to you. Follow the advice in this topic, and stick with it. If you're mad, step away. You'll play more agressive and make poor decisions as a result of it. Know when to quit for the day. You can do it.

• 2 months later...

I dont think I saw this mentioned but i've gotten to Sagat and kept getting bitched (just working for HWC right now)

Anyway, one thing I learned about Balrog, the first time I played him he was easy then every time after that I was getting schooled. After trying different things, I noticed that he's REALLY weak against the LP Psycho Crusher. And it works well because you dont get put to the opposite side and get stuck in a corner. If I started to get stuck in a corner, he would go apeshit. I figured a way to counter it just by crouch blocking, then when theres a break doing some LKs. He'd get hit and move away a little, then I'd be square for a LP Psycho Crusher and repeat.

Sagat is just real annoying, i cant seem to get him down yet.

After watching some videos, Sagat became a lot easier. Since it wasnt mentioned here, you can actually do the Psycho Crusher OVER his low Tiger (QFC + K). Making life a lot easier when you get pinned.

And I just found out about Balrogs Jump -mid-kick spamming.

Looks like i'll be getting this within the month now haha

Holy crap awesome I did it, and fuck was it exciting. I kept getting my ass beat by Vega which was embarrassing and then fucking up Sagat and Bison.

So I fnally got there to the end and i beat vega and Sagat. Ok Bison I never had a problem with. First round DOUBLE KO, we both killed each other with the Psycho Crusher. Now my heart is pounding, tried to take a few mins, didnt work lol. So the next round I beat him, kinda close. Third round i'm kicking his ass, everythings fine, then he starts jumping on my head and throwing me. Im getting a lil nervous and kept fucking up the Psycho Crusher by hitting up foward!

I beat him with ZERO health (vitality) left. WOW. Even tho I think this word is used a TON, I would like to say that was EPIC.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I see in your guide that Balrog is the toughest battle for you and a lot of people. He's actually very easy. It's basically the exact same strategy for Zangief. From the start of the match just jump towards him and hit him with the hard kick mid air and just keep spamming the jump and hard kick combo. I perfect him a lot doing this.

Sometimes he throws an uppercut that will get you off your rythm but I just repeat the process after wards and usually get back on track. Just don't let him hit you with on of those combos. :S

Edited by POTM

Also, I'm wondering why Vega is a 10 out of 10 in this strategy he seems to be one of my tougher enemies. He does jump a whole lot, but when I psycho crusher he usually kicks me mid air and negates my attack. My timing must be a little off because sometimes I do nail it, but it seems random for me. I probably win 6-7 out of 10 against Vega.

I have the most trouble with Ken, Vega, and Bison. Got to Bison 3 times without losing a match and lost one to him every time. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Dammit, I get all the way to Sagat easily but then I get destroyed.

EDIT: Managed to get the achievement for not losing a match but I lost to Bison in the first round! So close... I can almost taste the 200!

EDIT: Done it! 100%! I psycho crusher'd Bison with one hit then used my turbo controller to freeze him.

Edited by Plym

• 1 month later...

I made sure to knock this achievement out first just in case it turned out so annoying that I may want to delete the game off my history, but thankfully it wasn't as harsh as I was expecting- trying to get matched up with Ryu as the first opponent was the most aggravating thing haha, I was sat restarting for 10 minutes at one point. Some things I'd like to add that seemed to work for me:

-Ken seems the most random AI to me, I lost quite a lot at first to him. Best advice I can give is if a psycho crusher knocks him down but leaves you in the corner, it's a smarter choice to jump over him and walk away back to midscreen: the closer you are to Ken when you perform a crusher, the more likely he seems to pick shoryuken as his defence. Also, if he does a tatsumaki at you and you can survive the chip damage, block it standing and 90% of the time he'll follow it up with a shoryuken, which you are going to be blocking and then crusher'ing as he falls back down. The other 10% of the time he'll do another tatsu or throw you and you'll likely lose that round...but the risk/reward for landing that knockdown is too good to not take in most cases, as a midscreen knockdown should lead to a guaranteed K.O. on him.

-SevenJesterHats' method for Dhalsim seems to be the way forward, I was getting a bunch of perfects in this matchup just by using crouching heavy kick over and over.

-Balrog goes from 4 wins out of 10 to 9 wins out of 10 using the method seen in

video. Just jump forward using heavy kick at the very start of the round, then continuously neutral jump with heavy kick until Balrog dies; if he backs off, just jump at him again. This is a really consistent method, I didn't go past half my health bar once in my attempts and even landed a double perfect on him in one of the runs (edit: just got my double-perfect achievement on the Bison vs Balrog matchup during the max difficulty run, haha).

-Vega was really tricky for me for some reason, he would beat out my psycho crushers with his aerial kick fairly often. What I ended up doing was to only psycho crusher if I wouldn't end up in the corner (as he constantly throws) or if Vega was doing a wall jump (it was mostly just normal jumps that would beat out my crusher). If Vega was jumping towards me I would just walk backwards to keep my charge and to get a crusher range that won't land me in the corner, anti-air crushers just weren't working for me.

-Sagat will often shoot his tiger shots in a pattern of alternating hits (though he will very rarely do the same height twice in a row), psycho crusher flies above low tiger shots so you can punish if you think you know what strategy he is going to throw out. If you're cornered he will also do 2-3 standing heavy kicks in a row, you can beat this by using crouching medium kick to push him out which should then set him back into a predictable tiger shot pattern.

-Bison and Chun-Li seem to have a weak spot after a knockdown that is about 2 character widths away from them. If you score a knockdown against either of them, crouch in this sweetspot range whilst charging your crusher and perform it after they are standing back up (too early will make them block, which we don't want unless the chip will definitely K.O.)- Bison would always jump at this range for me, whilst Chun-Li would always perform her kikouken, neither of which come out quick enough to avoid/beat a (heavy version) psycho crusher if timed correctly.

Anyway, thanks for the guide! If I wasn't told about Bison's psycho crusher abuse on the computers I'd be stuck trying it with Blanka, and it'd probably take me months to even get close haha :p

Edited by Didi Mau

• 2 weeks later...
This game is by no means easy, and I hate all the bitching I see. Everyone I see who bitches is a fool. Not every game should be easy. To anyone who has the 200, you know it takes skill, dedication and a lot of patience.

I don't have any problem with a game having a difficult achievement, im not the kind of guy who NEED absolutely to get 200 on all arcade games and 1000 on retail, i dont boost so lots of time i end up having 750 or sometimes 890 or even 960 or so in some games... But what does piss me off is when games are hard as nail for no freakin reason...

I have currently 65 pts on the game, i will try to get the online achievements, at least the "do 50 matchs" i should be able to get it as there is alwaysa few people on this game.

But for solo, this is as far i would get, i barely finish the arcade after 33 battles... cause that would have look stupid to not have this... but seriously it was harder than Mortal Kombat on very hard... so retarded...

This game should be toned down, if you play on hard, ok it got to be hard, but if you play on easy, it should be easy. Like i can get that the boss may be a little harder, but not being stuck 20 matchs at battle 6...

I am glad I could help you guys out, thanks for all the tips provided.

As many people said the computer AI in this game is so cheap, so the only way to beat it is be cheap back. If you follow the tips above and have plenty of patience then will surely get this achievement.

Just another note, if you do lose a round in a game, just continue playing. The more practice you have against Balrog, Vega, Sagat and M Bison the easier the game will be when your hands are shaking. :)

Did you use an arcade stick for this? I find that sometimes I can not perform a psycho crusher on command. Instead Bison throws a punch. I don't know why, but it is really annoying.

Edited by foxxdie