One Piece

EliteShadowMan

I don't see it happening. He's an ex-warlord with his own crew and a massive bounty. i can't see him joining and being a subordinate. remember that when they went to skypiea nobody joined them afterwards.

Crew? Jinbei disbanded and left the Sun Pirates when he became a Shichibukai.

And who would've joined them from Skypeia? Wiper?

He's owes a debt to Luffy and was friends with his brother. Because of what happened, he hates the government. The government denied him the opportunity to strengthen the relationship between fishmen and humans (which is the reason he became a Shichibukai - to help fulfill the wishes of Otohime and Tiger). Neptune and his children obviously see Luffy as a hero of Fishman Island, much like Whitebeard was.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crew? Jinbei disbanded and left the Sun Pirates when he became a Shichibukai.

And who would've joined them from Skypeia? Wiper?

He's owes a debt to Luffy and was friends with his brother. Because of what happened, he hates the government. The government denied him the opportunity to strengthen the relationship between fishmen and humans (which is the reason he became a Shichibukai - to help fulfill the wishes of Otohime and Tiger). Neptune and his children obviously see Luffy as a hero of Fishman Island, much like Whitebeard was.

After Jinbei left the Shichibukai he reformed the Sun Pirates because they all became wanted again.

I was just using Skypeia as an example that they haven't always had someone join their crew.

After Jinbei left the Shichibukai he reformed the Sun Pirates because they all became wanted again.

I was just using Skypeia as an example that they haven't always had someone join their crew.

Well, Jinbei didn't leave the Shichibukai. He remained a Shichibukai up until Ace was captured by Teach. Jinbei refused to take part in Ace's execution and the government had his status revoked and was then thrown into Impel Down. Presumably, he hasn't done much since Marineford other than bumming around Fishman Island.

The former Sun Pirates were banished off of Fishman Island after Jinbei lost his status. Since he's seen alone and we haven't seen any support of known Sun Pirates, we can only assume that they haven't reunited.

Edited by tehapoc

• 2 years later...

Wow has it really been 3 years since anyone has talked about One Piece in these forums? I was wondering why there wasn't a One Piece thread when there was one for Bleach and Naruto, and finally found this thread buried in this subforum lol. Well there's alot to talk about regarding the events of the manga/anime since the last post, so I'll just say that the Marineford Arc is definitely my favorite arc in One Piece so far.

Currently, I'm digging the revelation about Toy Soldier being Kyros. I kinda figured that he was some badass since it seems like all the important toys were significant people in that country before they turned. I'm looking forward to the eventual Luffy vs Doflamingo fight (which seems like it's still a ways away) as well as who gets the Mera Mera no Mi and becomes the new firefist.

Currently, I'm digging the revelation about Toy Soldier being Kyros. I kinda figured that he was some badass since it seems like all the important toys were significant people in that country before they turned. I'm looking forward to the eventual Luffy vs Doflamingo fight (which seems like it's still a ways away) as well as who gets the Mera Mera no Mi and becomes the new firefist.

I would've actually forgotten about that if that scene didn't JUST happen in the anime.

A lot of shit is going down, what with the Marines, Doflamingo family, Strawhats and Revolutionaries. I was a little disappointed Usopp didn't snipe that poffin into Sugar's mouth for the KO. Surely that's what's going to happen right?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Kind of fitting for Sabo to be the one to grab Ace's fruit and take over the role of being Luffy's "big brother". Really interested in seeing how he uses his newly acquired power seeing as he's had practically no time to practice it at all.

He'll probably be sandbagging for a bit, until he's got it figured out, but then he'll be super OP.

Finally after like 3 weeks does the manga run lol.

• 5 months later...
He'll probably be sandbagging for a bit, until he's got it figured out, but then he'll be super OP.

Finally after like 3 weeks does the manga run lol.

Apparently he used Ace's signature attack immediately after taking a bite from the fruit! As we can also see from the manga he has imbued his pipe with fire. Can't wait to see what new attacks he'll invent.

• 3 weeks later...

It's been six or so years since I've kept up with the manga. The last volume I got was #17, after looking it up that'd be up to chapter 155, so that's at the end of the Drum Island arc and right at the start of Alabasta.

As of today, there's...770 chapters.

I remember in the US they kept pumping out 5 volumes of One Piece each month for six months...that was in 2010, plus Viz Media raised the price of the volumes up by $2, so that's what caused me to fall behind. There's no way I'm going to be buying the manga volumes again. I've taken a look at some sites like mangapanda though, so I guess that's how I'll continue reading.

Is it worth reading everything all over because I didn't get too far into the series? Or should I skip a few arcs to get to where the series is currently at?

Also is there anyplace where I can read the Question Corners? Those were fun.

Some of the coloring there is nicely done, but I'm fine reading in black and white still. Makes it a little more nostalgic for me.

If you remember where you left off, then I would just restart that arc. If not, then just start the series over.

Yeah, should be chapter 155. I reread it and some things are coming back like the whole Baroque Works scheme, but I'm probably better off if I start from chapter 1 again.

Question corners? I have no idea what you're talking about.

In the manga volumes, in between some of the chapters, there was a section where readers submitted questions to Oda, then Oda responded to some of the questions and published the questions/responses in the volumes.

I asked about this on the sister site and Reys responded to me with this:

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/SBS_Volume_4

• 5 months later...
I'm all caught up with One Piece now, half a year later. Feels nice to be reading a little manga on the side again. Anybody on XBA still reading One Piece? Or is it not too popular with you lot these days? Dressrosa has been going on for so long now.

More like way too long... I have enjoyed One Piece since I restarted fresh on it, but I am only around episode 60 I think.

I still read it on a weekly basis and they really need to wrap up the Dressrosa arc, it has been going on far too long. They need to finish the fight, have the traditional victory party, figure out how they are going to meet up with Nami and crew to fight Big Mom's crew (probably get a ride from Bartolomeo's crew), etc.

Fight with Mingo could finish next chapter the way Oda had Gatz hyping things up. Think Luffy could probably go gear 4 again and one hit KO him to wrap things up. Need to get back to Sanji and co., can't even remember the last chapter we saw them.

And...no new chapter next week. Does Oda take a lot of breaks outside of holidays, compared to other manga artists?

Finally caught up with the manga. Can't say I'm surprised to see gear fourth introduced. I kinda thought that went away with the introduction of haki but of course Luffy would find a way to incorporate that into a new gear mode. Anyone else think he kinda looks like SSJ4 transformation? I'm mostly referring to the eyes but also the way the haki covers his arms/legs but leaves his chest exposed much like the the way SSJ4 covered most of Goku/Vegeta up with the ape hair except for the chest area.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone else think he kinda looks like SSJ4 transformation? I'm mostly referring to the eyes but also the way the haki covers his arms/legs but leaves his chest exposed much like the the way SSJ4 covered most of Goku/Vegeta up with the ape hair except for the chest area.

Yeah, that + Nightmare Luffy = the gear four look from what I can tell.

And chapter 790 + 791 spoilers

[spoiler=dawinnaiz]How is the frame of Doflamingo's sunglasses intact after taking that hit? Lenses got rekt though

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Dressrosa arc continues with currently 97 chapters and 77 episodes! Hopefully it will end soon and the Straw Hat crew reunites.

It's still going on, even with

[spoiler=1]Doflamingo's defeat...

But I'm interested in seeing how Luffy handles fighting an admiral head on, but I can see it being interrupted somehow.

Also:

11953010_1650873555199184_6769248203966474417_n.jpg?oh=6f92ef59565ca6727f7a79e55cee2a32&oe=566F2F29

Edited by Rapture639

• 4 weeks later...

Welp, guess Dressrosa arc has finally wrapped up in the manga now. Or at least it's almost done.

[spoiler=nepec]Luffy's got a nice little fleet, and at the start of chapter 801 Lucci is reintroduced. Wonder what Oda has in store for him.

---

Side note, any of you guys play those One Piece video games? I dunno, I've never been interested in them much but with the announcement that Burning Blood is coming to Xbox One I've been checking out some of the recent releases. Romance Dawn doesn't seems all that good but Unlimited World Red and Pirate Warriors 3 look like ok time killers.