an RPG for beginners?

Tez555

I recently got a hankering for a RPG. And was wondering what in peoples opinion would be a good place to start??

If its any help, the only RPG's i've ever really played was Final Fantasy VII, VIII & IX. My fav was VIII.

All help apreciated.

If you are just looking for an RPG and not at the achievements you could go for Lost Odyssey or Eternal Sonata. Lost Odyssey is a turn based RPG, kinda like the battle system of the Final Fantasy games where you take turns when in a battle. Eternal Sonata is has a more action based battle system.

If you liked FF8 you should check some videos of Lost Odyssey, don't know if there's a demo out for that game.

He has only played JRPG's so far, those are completely different than a western RPG like Oblivion, Mass Effect or Fallout.

That doesn't mean he may not like it.

Here is a big difference commonly seen between J(apanese)RPGs and W(estern)RPGs.

JRPG=Usually involves turn based elements and a lot of collectiables. The worlds are usually more straight forward too.

WRPGs are more open-ended worlds that have a lot of exploration value and feature heavy FPS elements.

For a WRPG I would suggest Oblivion or Fallout 3 as those were very popular and featured Very Easy - Very Hard modes that you could play on depending on level of skill.

For a JRPG I would suggest Tales of Vesperia, Final Fantasy XIII, & Lost Odyssey as those were very enjoyable.

• 2 weeks later...

Of course now i want an RPG, all the cheapo ones i used to see seem to have gone!! I think i'll give Lost Odyseyy a go (if i can find it).

Might give Final fantasy XIII a go if i can find it cheap enough to. Money is tight at the mo.