Retaliation MP DLC announced.

Burnout x360a

http://blog.bioware.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Keyart.jpg

• New enemies: Collector Praetorian, Scion, Abomination, Trooper, and Captain.
  • Dragoon added to Cerberus and Geth have new drones.
  • Characters: Turian Havoc Soldier, Turian Ghost Infiltrator & more
  • Wage war across six maps, featuring new environmental hazards and traps. A regular rotation of Firebases will be introduced to different hazards as they come under attack. Survive the onslaught of Acid, Lightening, Meltdowns, Sandstorms, Swarms and Whiteouts!
  • The Collectors have also brought deadly new weapons to the fight: the Collector Assault Rifle, Sub-Machine Gun, and Sniper Rifle.
  • New upgrades.
  • New challenges feature.

Challenge feature:

http://blog.bioware.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Retaliation-6-1024x578.jpg

"The “Challenges” database tracks various in-game statistics, such as your N7 Typhoon usage. To earn challenge points, you’ll need to complete mini-goals. For example, accumulate 140,000 points while using the Typhoon in multiplayer and you’ll be rewarded with 10 challenge points.

Challenge points are used to unlock cool in-game multiplayer bonuses, such as new titles and banners. Want other players to know that you’re a Council Operative? You can do that. Want to be the envy of your friends with a flashy new banner to display in the player lobby? You can do that, too!

Challenge points lead to unlocks, and unlocks allow you to personalize your multiplayer experience."

Releases Oct. 9th, free as per usual.

Edited by Burnout x360a

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking finally.

This. So much.

I've been lurking around waiting for the event announcement, and when it was finally revealed, I actually thought "nah, not this time, not interested". But this has totally got me U-turning that thought.

Sorry Borderlands 2, but I may be taking you out of the disc tray for a little while whilst I do the event and save some creds.

Just when I'm about to buy Borderlands 2 they announce this. I didn't think they would actually release another DLC, and a big one too. Now I'll have to actually buy gold membership. I guess people are spending a lot of money on the packs.

The challanges are welcome addition but just like WalterWhite said I wonder how many of them I would already have completed.

After thinking about it for a while I will not play this. New maps were always the thing I was excited about the most and since this DLC has no new maps... I liked playing on new maps when they were released in previous DLCs, when I didn't know where ammo was and where enemies spawn. By the time I was done with ME3 I knew all maps (except London which I hate) in and out. Even now when I'm watching the trailer I recognize all maps and I can tell exactly where each scene takes place.

16 new characters sound promising and I like the new challenges but its not enough.

After thinking about it for a while I will not play this. New maps were always the thing I was excited about the most and since this DLC has no new maps...

Um, there are going to be new maps. 6 in fact. Anyway, this looks really great!:Bounce: I'm starting to save up credits now so I can unlock a lot of those new guns and characters Tuesday. However, I'm sorry to see that only 4 of the 16 new characters will be available right away, with the other 12 to be unlocked later on. Here.

Um, there are going to be new maps. 6 in fact.

The 6 maps are going to be 6 original maps with added hazars. Meltdown for Reactor, Sandstorm for Giant, Lightning for Ghost, Whiteout for White (makes sense), Swarms (of bugs) for Glacier and Acid for Dagger.

Edited by esio gk

The 6 maps are going to be 6 original maps with added hazars. Meltdown for Reactor, Sandstorm for Giant, Lightning for Ghost, Whiteout for White (makes sense), Swarms (of bugs) for Glacier and Acid for Dagger.

When I read the announcement, I just took the wording to be six new maps AND new hazard versions of some of the original maps. Well, that's a bit disappointing, but I'm still excited anyway. I think getting a new enemy faction is better than getting new maps.

Well that's disappointing. I guess that explains why all the locations in the new trailer looked so familiar.

The new geth was supposed to use grenades, it was called the 'Geth Bomber.' I'm not sure why they're now calling it a drone.