My doubt on the backward compatible

SavageFire52075

I would ask why is their any doubt, but Microsoft also said that the Xbox One will never sell without Kinect. :p

They're struggling to do simple things which are designed for the Xbox One. Can't imagine what would happen if they attempted to release an update for backward compatibility.

It won't happen. If anything, they will do what they did with the Xbox 360 and support for Xbox games and that is release them on the store for a price.

Did Microsolf make the same promise to make Xbox 360 play 1st gen Xbox games? That never really turned out too well. Not many titles worked. And I don't see why they would make the xbox 1 backward compatible when so many people still have and buying the xbox 360.

All of the games I owned were b-c with the 360 except for Burnout: Revenge. And the only reason that one wasn't b-c was because they were going to release a 360 version. Which didn't handle the same. My b-c games played flawlessly.

That being said, everyone is getting their backward compatibility. With all of these "HD Remake" versions, there's your b-c. Only problem is, you'll be paying for it too.

All of the games I owned were b-c with the 360 except for Burnout: Revenge. And the only reason that one wasn't b-c was because they were going to release a 360 version. Which didn't handle the same. My b-c games played flawlessly.

Same here. I always see people say the BC for the 360 was terrible, but all of my original Xbox games played pretty much identically on the 360 to how they played on the Xbox. The only problem I ever had was the image burn-in that would occur for Halo 2. That's it.

Microsoft were adamant that kinect would be sold with Xbox one all the time, they realised that was a bad move.

Hopefully they'll release some sort of emulator of sorts soon, like playstation are doing with playstation now.

Playstation Now is not an emulator. It is just a streaming service.

It won't happen. If anything, they will do what they did with the Xbox 360 and support for Xbox games and that is release them on the store for a price.
Xbox 360 did have BC and the ones they sold digitally were playable physically.

It's more likely they'll do a cloud dealio like PS Now seeing as how they have the cloud tech and a bunch of devs from OnLive.

All I want to do is play GTA:V with my friends. This is the only reason I haven't bought an xbox one. I don't understand why this wouldn't be high on their priority list.

You know I gotta agree with you. I don't see why either, even though I don't really play online too much, I still love to just fool around in the Single Player but I wouldn't be able to on the Xbox One since it's not even on it.

Oh, and this is off topic but I LOVE your sig man! Go Carey Price! And definitely go Habs! :dance:

You know I gotta agree with you. I don't see why either, even though I don't really play online too much, I still love to just fool around in the Single Player but I wouldn't be able to on the Xbox One since it's not even on it.

Oh, and this is off topic but I LOVE your sig man! Go Carey Price! And definitely go Habs! :dance:

Its because they can hit you up for an X1 copy of the game so that they get twice your money.